• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
If self-publishing I'm interested in what platform(s) these come to since they've individually had exclusive games announced with Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft within the last year. I would hope/assume all three + Steam if they could.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What are they? I hope they are mutliplat or atleast on a platform i own.

This is interesting because this is the first time they will be owning an original work, everything else has been owned by someone else

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
They need to do this. I want to see them thrive, not be the pawns of publishers. Microsoft has been the harsh reminder that publishers does not care of anyone at every level of the industry below them.

Nov 1, 2017
What deal with Sony?. And I don't think anybody involved is very happy with Scalebound deal...
Oh wow, didn't notice I actually said "deal" right there, that's probably wrong. I was referring to Nier but I'm unclear as to whether or not that was a deal or if that's just how things ended up, I will fix my wording in that. But yeah whether or not this ends up on Xbox will be very interesting after the Scalebound stuff.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't this be like really, really difficult for Platinum? They don't seem to have the resources to publish their own games, wouldn't that involve distributing and marketing them almost entirely out of their own pocket? I am under the impression they don't have anywhere near that much clout or money to do that. Even Bayonetta 3 is a Nintendo game and that is like arguably their most notable series.

Dec 15, 2017
Don't wanna go AAA, don't wanna go 2 or 3 person team Indie, hoping to find a balance in there... I really hope these guys and gals succeed because that is exactly the line of thinking that needs to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.