• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
wonderful 101 on switch has been teased and hinted at far too many times to not be happening at this point.

nuh uh mazi! I read sales numbers online which makes me qualified to predict which games will get ported. Nintendo would never port a poor selling Wii U game because they know it sold poorly cuz it sucked and would automatically fail on the Switch.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nuh uh mazi! I read sales numbers online which makes me qualified to predict which games will get ported. Nintendo would never port a poor selling Wii U game because they know it sold poorly cuz it sucked and would automatically fail on the Switch.
you forgot the part where PG should work on nier 3 instead of porting w101.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
When is that number from? Gotta imagine all 5 platforms it has been released on has sold more than 1.35M combined?
The number was from the XB360/PS3 release. I wouldn't say that adding the WiiU/Switch is very informative, since its sales are almost completely combined with the release of Bayonetta and parsing out individual sales is impossible. If you insist on counting, then we enter a quagmire, at which point doing a Astral Chain vs. Bayonetta comparison is not really worthwhile anymore.

PC sales, although being at a third of the original price, should reasonably be added. If someone knows them, then we can add them to the total.

Edit: I found an article stating that Bayo PC sold 170k after 1 month according to SteamSpy (before the collapse of its reliability).

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Congrats!

Switch owners drowning in game and still found time to buy this niche game. I just hope they keep it up with Links Awakening and DQXI. Awesome time to be a Switch owner!
Its not zelda of all games that need your hope, daemon x machina needs it more than anything

Oct 25, 2017

*sees port of TMS#FE* Nani?

I know you're being sarcastic, but if TMS can get ported, W101 can too

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
After about 4 hours of play it's pretty clear that Astral Chain is not for me, and that's okay. It's still a well-made game built around a unique, creative mechanic, and that deserves success. The industry needs games like this, regardless of my personal tastes.

Happy for Platinum.

Seeing such optimism makes me happy :)
Wish more people would be able to react like that.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
The number was from the XB360/PS3 release. I wouldn't say that adding the WiiU/Switch is very informative, since its sales are almost completely combined with the release of Bayonetta and parsing out individual sales is impossible. If you insist on counting, then we enter a quagmire, at which point doing a Astral Chain vs. Bayonetta comparison is not really worthwhile anymore.

PC sales, although being at a third of the original price, should reasonably be added. If someone knows them, then we can add them to the total.

Edit: I found an article stating that Bayo PC sold 170k after 1 month according to SteamSpy (before the collapse of its reliability).

I dont insist on anything, I was just asking which numbers you were actually counting since 1.35M sounded really low if you counted all Bayo sales. But 1.35 for to original ones sounds reasonable.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the game debuts at #1 in another market, france (it previously topped the charts in UK and spain).

giphy.gif

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the game debuted at number 1 in taiwan and south korea as well.

(Taiwan)
01./00. [NSW] Astral Chain <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30}
02./00. [PS4] The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.08.29}
03./01. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.12.15}
04./02. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo) {2018.02.01}
05./03. [NSW] Super Mario Party <ETC> (Nintendo) {2018.10.05}
(South Korea)
01./00. [NSW] Astral Chain <ACT> (Nintendo) {2019.08.30}
02./00. [PS4] Control <ADV> (505 Games) {2019.08.28}
03./00. [PS4] Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition <Marvel's Spider-Man \ Marvel's Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps \ Marvel's Spider-Man: The Heist \ Marvel's Spider-Man: Turf Wars \ Marvel's Spider-Man: Silver Lining> <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2019.08.29}
04./00. [PS4] The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.08.30}
05./00. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses <SLG> (Nintendo) {2019.07.26}

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really glad to see this is doing well, it looks like a great game. Still need to pick up a copy for myself.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Didn't Metal Gear Rising sell in the 1-2m range too? Might have gotten a little bump last year too due to being added to XB1 BC. Astral Chain probably competing for a top 5 slot.

Also Fatal Frame deserves to be ported before Wonderful 101.

VeemoTime

Nov 5, 2018
ACAB basically, plenty of people really hate the police system. I remember a thread over here that has the same problem with the Spiderman PS4 game because Spiderman can help out the police in some areas.

which is really funny because.............
the main "antagonist", Jena was trying to warn the protagonist about the commander who has developed a god complex of sorts. After her death due to fighting the protagonist, Yoseph summons the ARK's newest police force, the 'RAVENS', shot you and later branded you as a renegade along with some others while you have to stop Yoseph from doing whatever he's doing.

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
The police is a big nono on Era.
Stop it with this dumb hivemind shit. Some people don't like cops here, plenty will suck up to them or trot out the idea that police is only problematic in the US.

Trying to brush Era's members with strokes that broad is stupid.

Back on topic : great for PG, got the game day one but went on holidays the day after its release so I'm waiting to come back to dig into it proper. Soon!

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Stop it with this dumb hivemind shit. Some people don't like cops here, plenty will suck up to them or trot out the idea that police is only problematic in the US.

Back on topic : great for PG, got the game day one but went on holidays the day after its release so I'm waiting to come back to dig into it proper. Soon!

Exactly, so talking or dealing anything to do with the Police is a big nono and would start a "controversy".

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Never understood why people get so defensive about that when people just say Era. Obviously its a, if the shoe fits wear it type of statement.

That said, I'm glad its doing well. Finally a new game with mechanics I haven't played before.