• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
They have a very good relationship with Nintendo and worked on Wonderful 101 and Star Fox Zero together.
because Nintendo would be paying for it?
PG goes where the money is, if you fund something then they will most likely work on it.

Nintendo fully funds their PG exclusives.
I just think Nintendo and Platinum are a different places than they where when they made Wonderful 101 and Starfox which both had problems like 101 selling like 5 copies and Starfox being a critical mess (although they barely made it). Nintendo was at an all-time low and Platinum now being off an all-time high after Nier being their biggest success ever, I just dont see why they would make a brand new Ip for Nintendo, and I just dont want them to do that because the games they do are very limited by Nintendo hardware and arent benefited at all by said hardware (its not like they make multiplayer games or games that benefit by being portable). They should just keep to PC/PS4 and maybe xbox one if they have the resources, that way they can finally grow as a company, something they never could do because their games never sold...until now.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dante and Bayo are coming just not sure in what form but I don't see that as the capcom x plaitnium thing I'm certain is coming. I feel Okami 2

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just think Nintendo and Platinum are a different places than they where when they made Wonderful 101 and Starfox which both had problems like 101 selling like 5 copies and Starfox being a critical mess (although they barely made it). Nintendo was at an all-time low and Platinum now being off an all-time high after Nier being their biggest success ever, I just dont see why they would make a brand new Ip for Nintendo, and I just dont want them to do that because the games they do are very limited by Nintendo hardware and arent benefited at all by said hardware (its not like they make multiplayer games or games that benefit by being portable). They should just keep to PC/PS4 and maybe xbox one if they have the resources, that way they can finally grow as a company, something they never could do because their games never sold...until now.
you make it sound like Platinum can pick and choose what projects they work on. they can, sorta. they are a for hire studio. if the pay is good enough and they got the hands to spare, a job's a job. it's pretty obvious they also like working with Nintendo and Nintendo likes working with them. remember their future was very uncertain when Scalebound got canned and they were working on budget licensed games to keep their lights on. so it's not like they're high end all the time with a spotless record

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PG is an independent studio, being picky would make it hard to survive.

Clearly Nintendo is still more than happy to do business with them considering that they are funding Bayo 3. For PG that means a few good years of work/paycheques.

Besides, they are working on a whole bunch of projects so it's not like they are locked in with Nintendo. They are working on that big Granblue console game. And have also said that they have a big secret project in the works that will turn the action game genre on its head.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru

Ah, I see now.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Ok, I trust Emily, bring the new IP, I wanna see it, especially if it's made by Kamiya

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds more like you just want them to be only on PS4 and maybe other platforms might be thrown a bone

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could have just saved time and just said you don't want it on a Nintendo console you know?

No need to dance around it.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Sounds more like you just want them to be only on PS4 and maybe other platforms might be thrown a bone
Now now dont misunderstand me for a fanboy or something petty I just want them to be multi platform so they can grow as a company and have a chance at success they can also be on all platforms if they could (they cant) but they seem to be going the route of Nier for their future games platforms. Platinum has always had the problem of barely scrapping through to the next project (being console exclusive does not help that), imagine them having time and a budget to make a bigger game.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Mysterious Murasame Castle using the MGR engine
I hope, if it exists, their second Nintendo game is a Sheik or Impa game
Still dreaming about a Captain Falcon Beat'em up from Platium Games
Mystery of Murasame Castle game directed by Kamiya

You guys are making me drool, I've wanted a Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot since forever, but also a Sheik and Captain Falcon game would be perfect for Platinum

Oct 27, 2017
Now now dont misunderstand me for a fanboy or something petty I just want them to be multi platform so they can grow as a company and have a chance at success they can also be on all platforms if they could (they cant) but they seem to be going the route of Nier for their future games platforms. Platinum has always had the problem of barely scrapping through to the next project (being console exclusive does not help that), imagine them having time and a budget to make a bigger game.

You're comparing Nier Automata, a game that is part of an established franchise, received fairly heavy promotion by BOTH SE and Sony, was critically acclaimed, and on a popular system to W101, which was a completely new IP (and a fairly weird concept) on an unpopular system. They're completely different situations. Your implication that Platinum can only find success on the Playstation seems to ignore most of these factors. There's nothing stopping them from having success on other systems. It all depends on the game

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
You could have just saved time and just said you don't want it on a Nintendo console you know?

No need to dance around it.
I have nothing against their games being on Switch but Platinum always barley scrapes through to the next project and I just want them to finally have time and a budget to make a game in general (maybe even a bigger game) and doubt a Nintendo exclusive will break that Platinum spell of scraping through, although Bayo 1/2 sold pretty good on switch. But is it so bad to want Platinum to make an awesome 60 fps action game on good hardware instead of compromising so much to make it run at 60 on a portable?

Oct 27, 2017
I have nothing against their games being on Switch but Platinum always barley scrapes through to the next project and I just want them to finally have time and a budget to make a game in general (maybe even a bigger game) and doubt a Nintendo exclusive will break that Platinum spell of scraping through, although Bayo 1/2 sold pretty good on switch. But is it so bad to want Platinum to make an awesome 60 fps action game on good hardware instead of compromising so much to make it run at 60 on a portable?
So the Switch is "bad" hardware eh? Thankfully Emily has said that Platinum and Nintendo's relationship goes beyond Bayonetta, so you won't be getting what you want.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

maybe you should check at Nier Automata performances (and visuals) Lol

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
So the Switch is "bad" hardware eh? Thankfully Emily has said that Platinum and Nintendo's relationship goes beyond Bayonetta, so you won't be getting what you want.
Bad? no, less than ideal for the consistent type of game Platinum develops? Yes
maybe you should check at Nier Automata performances (and visuals) Lol
You mean the open world game that runs at 60 on consoles and is Platinums first open world game with a strong art direction that carries the visuals becuase it had a VERY small budget, Yes very impressed with Nier actually.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
They should just keep to PC/PS4 and maybe xbox one if they have the resources, that way they can finally grow as a company, something they never could do because their games never sold...until now.

Very transparent intentions, "but I mentioned PC so I'm neutral"... . If you are so concerned about graphics, why should it be holden back by consoles in the first place and why shouldn't the strongest console right now the XboxOneX not be the priority among consoles? Always funny to see PS beeing always fine in these kind of hypocritical arguments, even in the PS1 and PS2 days.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

based on what exactly? actually, you don't know how bayonetta 3 will look. switch is much stronger than wii u.

You mean the open world game that runs at 60 on consoles and is Platinums first open world game with a strong art direction that carries the visuals becuase it had a VERY small budget, Yes very impressed with Nier actually.

maybe on the x because this is how it runs on the base ps4

just like bayo 2 on wii u.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
🤔🤔🤔
Im always excited for more PG i hope they are action games and not rail shooters or Nintendo ip, W101 i expect a port but i don't see the appeal for a sequel and i was there day 1 i think it should be a new ip.
I'm fine if Bayo3 is 2020. Releasing it one year after DMC5 is probably safer.
Yeah they should take all the time they can to release as good as possible, so far it seems PG are in no rush to give info, eventually i think dmc v release is gonna help bayo 3 a bit more than hurt it releasing several months after with gamers more interested in the genre and switch selling good

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Very transparent intentions, "but I mentioned PC so I'm neutral"... . If you are so concerned about graphics, why should it be holden back by consoles in the first place and why shouldn't the strongest console right now the XboxOneX not be the priority among consoles? Always funny to see PS beeing always fine in these kind of hypocritical arguments, even in the PS1 and PS2 days.
Nier Automata and Babylon's Fall are only PS4/PC at launch because P* doesn't have the resources to do all platforms and they know where they are going to sell copies ideally they do all 3 but that is not what they are doing with Babylons Fall, this is why I say this. Console fanboyism is very petty please dont misunderstand.

Edit: forgot about Grandblue fantasy also just ps4, its a japanese market game it just makes sense for Platinum if they cant do all platforms.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
My sober, realistic predictions:

The Wonderful 101 Switch port
Bayo 3 full reveal, release at the end of the year
Granblue Fantasy Relink released in Japan, with a Western localisation soon after
Babylon's Fall is Hideki Kamiya's new game. His seventh masterpiece in a row
The Wonderful 102 is announced for Switch
Konami commissions them to make Revengeance 2
Scalebound comes back
The Wonderful 103 is teased. You can only play it if Kamiya hasn't blocked you on Twitter
Im sure Kamiya said he is not working on BF somewhere 🤔 but instead a character action game

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'm more thinking in term of contents/positive emulation.
My biggest fear for Bayo3 would be for it to follow again the same recipe with a new coat of paint like Bayo2 (which would not matter in terms of sales since there's no competition on Switch, but it would matter in terms of enjoyment).
Who knows, if DMC5 shakes the formula enough, maybe Bayo3 can learn a couple of things from it? I'm sure the DMC team played and learned some things from Bayo1 and 2, so it would only be fair.
I'm getting both, I just want both to be as great and different as possible because I have a hunch we're not getting DMC6 and Bayo4 in a long, long time.
They said this about 3.

Looks like they are confident so we can only hope for the best,as for dmc v, Bayo 3 development and release is too soon to be influenced by it in any way so if anything comes from dmc is going to be until Bayo 4

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

Nothing stops them from making pretty 60fps games on limited hardware than design, because
Switch is actually more powerful than they are typically used to (Nier 2 is their only current gen game so far and it struggles to keep 60fps and frankly not that pretty, Scalebound got too ambitious and was axed by Microsoft)
Babylon should be their next step in tech though, looks cool so far.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Nothing stops them from making pretty 60fps games on limited hardware than design, because
Switch is actually more powerful than they are typically used to (Nier 2 is their only current gen game so far and it struggles to keep 60fps and frankly not that pretty, Scalebound got too ambitious and was axed by Microsoft)
Babylon should be their next step in tech though, looks cool so far.
I actually think Nier Automata looks great and genuinely feel the art direction carries it. If you are talking about fidelity, that is different. I understand some textures not being high res but the look of the game is very unique.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Nier Automata and Babylon's Fall are only PS4/PC at launch because P* doesn't have the resources to do all platforms and they know where they are going to sell copies ideally they do all 3 but that is not what they are doing with Babylons Fall, this is why I say this. Console fanboyism is very petty please dont misunderstand.

Edit: forgot about Grandblue fantasy also just ps4, its a japanese market game it just makes sense for Platinum if they cant do all platforms.
https://www.platinumgames.com/company/overview/

They're either hiring temporary staff or co-developing all the projects they're working on. 200 ppl isn't a lot for the type of games they're making and they're working on several. Platinum Games is also a development company, not a publisher, so they are not the ones choosing what platform(s) they develop software for. Beggars cannot be choosers.

What 'makes sense' is for them to stay afloat and be able to pay their employees. Platform preferences has nothing to do with it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum really isn't the developer I think of when I think "pushing hardware". They might be able to do that if they concentrate their 200+ staff on one game but that's not the kind of studio they are, and isn't economical. Working on multiple mid-range titles with solid art direction and solid gameplay is far more beneficial for them as a studio, and that's perfect for a company like Nintendo who are always looking for third parties that are willing to squeeze in an exclusive in their schedule.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Platinum really isn't the developer I think of when I think "pushing hardware". They might be able to do that if they concentrate their 200+ staff on one game but that's not the kind of studio they are, and isn't economical. Working on multiple mid-range titles with solid art direction and solid gameplay is far more beneficial for them as a studio, and that's perfect for a company like Nintendo who are always looking for third parties that are willing to squeeze in an exclusive in their schedule.

Granblue Fantasy Re:Link is technically very impressive imo.

Looks like Platinum got a big budget from Cygames.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
they have a switch title yet to reveal gonna be fun year

yeah I want platinum's success to continue too, and it will they're on all sorts of projects atm..they're getting plenty of work so that's a good thing....but...yes they are making a new game for Nintendo should be revealed this year

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
they have a switch title yet to reveal gonna be fun year

yeah I want platinum's success to continue too, and it will they're on all sorts of projects atm..they're getting plenty of work so that's a good thing....but...yes they are making a new game for Nintendo should be revealed this year

just tell me that it's not VJ3 >_>