• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

nintendoeverything.com

PlatinumGames SuperSummer Festival live stream announced

PlatinumGames SuperSummer Festival will be held to share information about The Wonderful 101: Remastered, Sol Cresta, and World of Demons.

This Friday (or Saturday if you're in Japan), PlatinumGames will be hosting a live stream discussing current and upcoming self-published projects.
With info about Wonderful 101 Remastered, World of Demons, and Sol Cresta.
For W101, probably DLC info. For World of Demons, hopefully console ports. For Sol Cresta, hopefully a release date.

THIS WILL NOT HAVE BAYONETTA 3 INFO! THIS ONLY FOCUSES ON SELF-PUBLISHED TITLES! NO BAYONETTA 3!

Oct 27, 2017
THIS WILL NOT HAVE BAYONETTA 3 INFO! THIS ONLY FOCUSES ON SELF-PUBLISHED TITLES! NO BAYONETTA 3!
frusterated-overwhelmed.gif

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Looks like this is explicitly self-published titles.

Don't expect news on Bayonetta 3 or Babylon's Fall.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not their call, but at this point I only want one thing from Platinum and it's Bayonetta 3.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Honestly... i think i only really care for bayonetta, so will skip this.
Im not convinced that they are that great of a developer.
They are great in action gameplay, have really talented people.
But the output is just to spotty for me.

No Bayo 3, Babylon's Fall or Project GG info. Have to skip this one.
The first two never had a chance showing up here, as they're reliant on their publishers to update fans (and in Babylon Fall's case, in a period of closed beta testing at that). Project GG is also likely way too early to show off anything substantial, so while an update so I'd be cool, I don't think it was ever realistic.

I'm guessing World of Demons is likely to have a console port announcement? Can't imagine what else it would be, and it's about the right time for Apple's timed exclusivity to run out.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Platinum is so boring these days. Give me a new action game please. Literally the best around and yet no big game in years.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum is so boring these days. Give me a new action game please. Literally the best around and yet no big game in years.
Two years is a long time?

I'm interested in seeing more of Sol Cresta, that fusing mechanic seems kind of unique? I don't play shmups much but it looks cool.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Shmups aren't boring.
Also, are your forgetting that EVERYTHING was delayed because of the pandemic?
Bayo 3 is just in dev hell. Can't blame covid.
Babylon looks like ass.

Shmup is boring to me when I compare it to some of the best character action games ever.

Not saying they should never do anything else but I just used to get soooo hyped for their games and now I just sigh when I think of em.

schedule
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.platinumgames.com

PlatinumGames to present new information about World of Demons, Sol Cresta, and The Wonderful 101: Remastered during our Super Summer Festival live stream on Friday, August 27th! | PlatinumGames Official Blog

PlatinumGames will broadcast a special live stream on Friday, August 27th starting at 8PM PST/11PM EST. This p [ā€¦]

Part 1-World of Demons
惻Secrets of WOD development with special guests Matt Alt and Hiroko Yoda
惻New World of Demons info

Part 2-Sol Cresta
惻Sol Cresta Let's Play with director Takanori Sato
惻Sol Cresta event info

Part 3-The Wonderful 101: Remastered
惻The Wonderful 101: Remastered DLC info

Featuring:
惻Atsushi Inaba (PlatinumGames Studio Head)
惻Hideki Kamiya (Platinum Games Chief Game Designer)
惻Koji Tanaka (Producer, World of Demons)
惻Ryoya Sakabe (Director, World of Demons)
惻Hiroshi Yamaguchi (Lead Composer, World of Demons)
惻Takahito Washisaka (Producer, Sol Cresta)
惻Takanori Sato (Director, Sol Cresta/The Wonderful 101: Remastered)
惻Yuji Nakao (Producer, The Wonderful 101: Remastered)

Special Guests:
惻Hiroko Yoda (President of AltJapan Co., Ltd.): Her experience includes working on the localizations of titles such as Dragon Quest VIII and Nioh, and the manga series Doraemon. She is the author of Yokai Attack!: The Japanese Monster Survival Guide and its sequels, Ninja Attack! and Yurei Attack!

惻Matt Alt (Co-founder of AltJapan Co., Ltd.): In addition to his work as a translator, his writing has appeared in The New York Times, The Economist 1843, Vice, and The New Yorker website. His latest book is Pure Invention: How Japan Made the Modern World (Crown, 2021).

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Well, after playing the Wonderful 101 and loving it, the waiting for the DLC made me lose complete interest in it. Will see if the proposed content is enticing or not.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
Hope we get a release date for Sol Cresta I'm interested.

I tried World of Demons on ipad (using a controller) and didn't find it interesting or fun.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I know Bayo 3 been in the dark for a long time now, but it's kinda annoying every Platinum thread has to be a bunch of "what have you done for me lately" whining now.

Anyway, for this stream I guess:
- Sol Cresta was very recently confirmed for 2021, so i could see that get a date and some more gameplay.
- World of Demons non-portable release probably,
- Wonderful 101 DLC

Doesn't Nier also have one?

And the end credits to Vanquish. Most of their games have shmup sections and their love for the genre was always pretty obvious.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Looks like it's not worth tuning in if you want anything Xbox flavoured.

You guy's honestly can't even make an Xbox One version of Sol Cresta? The Scalebound fallout looks like a permanent full stop.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose I can take a break from playing No More Heroes 3 to watch this.