• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Play PUBG & PES Free on Xbox for a limited time

Oct 26, 2017
yes, it says play free for a limited time...........its a trial for PES

not sure on PUBG though

whatever, I'll add both just in case

Oct 28, 2017
maybe this is a X0 gift that someone goofed and released earlier
but then again PES2019 is also there and i doubt konami would agree with something like this

Maybe it will be on PS plus for free so as a way to make it up they r doing the same on Xbox ?
zero chance

Looks like a free gold weekend type of thing.

or its probably just this. always forget free play days are a thing

Oct 26, 2017
How's it running on the S now? Have heard bad news about Australia pings.
It runs at least.
The only major drop is during the plane/parachute sequence, and it runs at around a solid 30fps when you're on the ground. It certainly doesn't go into slideshow levels anymore, which is great.

It still looks absolutely awful though, especially when you think about how much they're making from PUBG, and the lack of anti aliasing makes spotting people at a distance awkward, when everything is shimmering constantly.

They recently added a patch that lets you bump up the sensitivity so it no longer feels like aiming on a pre Monster Hunter World Monster Hunter game

Oct 27, 2017
It's the full game to keep permanently (tho MS could revoke it if it's a mistake, but as it stands now it's permanent). At least for PubG. I can't buy it for myself any more period, and it says I own the game. It wouldn't say that for a trial or free play weekend.

Deleted member 8702

User requested account closure
Oct 26, 2017
It's limited play time, like a demo, isn't it? Not "free for a limited time, then yours forever".
That's what the wording suggests.
It appears to be the full game download. There’s no option to purchase the game if you get the free version, unlike with other limited time game trials. It could be a mistake and the free licenses will get revoked, that’s happened before.

Apr 1, 2018
Gold only I believe.

(which makes sense considering you need gold to play it)
no i Get them both and i don't have Gold

The wording sounds like its free to play for the week.

There's more chance of an impending Game Pass announcement that PUBG jumping directly to PS Plus. In the future possibly but not when there's an active audience waiting for the game to drop.
and losse the Chance to get more money from PS Gamers ? i don't think so

Nov 2, 2017
and losse the Chance to get more money from PS Gamers ? i don't think so
Hmm. I wonder what the percentage of gamers is that own both consoles who also purchased PUBG on Xbox. I still think a Game Pass announcement is more likely than PS Plus.

Apr 1, 2018
Hmm. I wonder what the percentage of gamers is that own both consoles who also purchased PUBG on Xbox. I still think a Game Pass announcement is more likely than PS Plus.
there are lots of people who own only PS4 and i think Coming to Game pass is unlikely same with the PS+

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe them. Bethesda had similiar promotion with Fallout 4 few months back, and after set time access was revoked.