• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
It says I owned PUBG on November 5th, which I know I did not even purchased this game.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
If silver accounts are getting it then this is definitely different from Free Play Days which are gold only

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's more chance of an impending Game Pass announcement that PUBG jumping directly to PS Plus. In the future possibly but not when there's an active audience waiting for the game to drop.
You are probably right .I was thinking more in line of rocket league but pubg is much bigger game than rocket league when it went on PS plus

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow! In for two free games. Woot!!!!

Also, it won't be on ps plus. Cmon guys! There are a lot of people who will apparently buy this on the PS4. Why would they give it away? huh?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why this is a thing but... added to the library, thanks Microsoft.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
wow, just thinking that i bought pubg on release and asked for a refund, and now that the game is performing ok on one x i almost bought it again last week, thank god i didn't

Madmackem

Oct 28, 2017
Pes is just a limited time play thing because if you dig deeper on the store on console it says as much.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Play PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Full Product Release free for a limited time
Play PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019 free for a limited time

Not having the Play part in the title is misleading. These are free to play during the promotional period. Not free to keep.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Play PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Full Product Release free for a limited time
Play PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2019 free for a limited time

Not having the Play part in the title is misleading. These are free to play during the promotional period. Not free to keep.

And you know that how....? To be so outraged to even call it "misleading".

We're assuming that of course based on previous free to play days, but Tom Warren seems to believe they're free to keep. And even basing on Free 2 Play days, the service was only for gold users, so there's something different here. There's also nothing misleading about the PES2019 description, "play free for a limited time" is the exact same thing as "free to play for a limited time"

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone confirmed if these are free to keep?

membran

Oct 27, 2017
I added both but I'd surprised if those really turn out to be free to keep and not just time-limited access to the full game.

They also don't show up in the account billing history, whereas other free stuff shows up there, only with a 0,00 price tag. If they'd attached the PES and PUBG license to my account, they'd be listed there. wouldn't they?

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
For previous gold weekend, was it gold only to download or did it say free for a limited time?

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
For previous gold weekend, was it gold only to download or did it say free for a limited time?

Every free play days was only for a limited time
But free play days were usually (if not always) limited to gold members only. Silvers are reporting they're getting the games as well

I still doubt it is in Konami's vocabulary to give a new game away like this but PUBG looks doable

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Pes 2019 doesnt show up for free, do i have to change to american store? Im european.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every free play days was only for a limited time
But free play days were usually (if not always) limited to gold members only. Silvers are reporting they're getting the games as well

I still doubt it is in Konami's vocabulary to give a new game away like this but PUBG looks doable
Can't play PUBG w/o gold anyways.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine they are free for ever if you get them within the limited purchase period. Just get them.

I guess it isn't no big deal with PES2020 and PUBG2 coming out next year :p

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wow is PUBG dead in Australia? Been queued for Solo's for 15 minutes now and haven't gotten a match. Yikes. Blackout and Fortnite are instant, hopefully it gets a bit better in the coming days of being free. I wouldn't mind seeing how it's improved since launch if at all.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is weird that Microsoft hasn't said anything yet

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
There's still a 'buy to own' £24.99 price on the Xbox store, but you can install to your device for free at the moment. If it was just given away for a limited time right now and you could keep it, why would they not remove the pricing during this period? I think its limited time play.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's still a 'buy to own' £24.99 price on the Xbox store, but you can install to your device for free at the moment. If it was just given away for a limited time right now and you could keep it, why would they not remove the pricing during this period? I think its limited time play.

I find if you search for it you get that price but go via one of the links and it's free.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Only the Public Test Server is showing up as free for me. Did they pull it?

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like free to keep and the offer is for a limited time

Another source:
https://wccftech.com/pubg-pes2019-now-free-xbox-one/
If you look at the screenshots in this arcticle - on the PUBG page it has the "Get" button which commonly suggests that it's free to keep after the period (this is also the case for Games with Gold)

On the PES 2019 page it doesn't have the "Get" button, only the "Install on my device" button, which to me suggests that it's a timed demo.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are the links and Microsoft Store even loading for everyone? None of the links work, and even trying to view the product pages on the app or on Xbox doesn't actually load.