• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a video of the mod in action on Nintendo Switch:

tOSG0tq.gif

You'll recall that I made this thread months ago
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ko...make-zelda-the-hero-20-person-dev-team.41001/

The project has made progress since then, with more custom outfits for Zelda:

But creating a new thread as the playable Zelda mod, (and others) are now available on the switch version of the game as that's pretty substantial news. Getting the mods working on switch is a really new thing so it's not as polished as the current version of the project, but still a pretty big leap.

EDIT:Put video in spoiler because of the thumbnail. *removed*

New EDIT:They fixed the eyes.

Last edited:

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That second video thumbnail (or whatever the term should be/splash screen) is terrifying.

Oct 29, 2017
What a great example of a fan project which is an objective good for the community. I am sure there a lot of people that will really enjoy the option to play as Zelda

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
What a great example of a fan project which is an objective good for the community. I am sure there a lot of people that will really enjoy the option to play as Zelda

How so, I'm sure most won't even hack their Switch, and even of those who do, they're not doing it to play this mod and might ignore it.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Sure, but my point is most of them won't go through the trouble of hacking their Switch for the pleasure.

A minority of BOTW players is still a hell of a lot of people. If 1% of all BotW players install the mod, that's still over 100000 people. Even a more conservative "one in every thousand BotW players" is still ten thousand people.

So yes, "most people won't install this" and "a lot of people may install this" are not mutually exclusive.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy that roadrunner gif. Amazing..... by the time I get a switch I'll probably only have access to the un-moddable ones. Shame but it is what it is.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Does she sound like a girl already? Because I could not stand playing as Zelda while hearing Link "screams".

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
A minority of BOTW players is still a hell of a lot of people. If 1% of all BotW players install the mod, that's still over 100000 people. Even a more conservative "one in every thousand BotW players" is still ten thousand people.

So yes, "most people won't install this" and "a lot of people may install this" are not mutually exclusive.

You're assuming all BOTW players still actually play or care about the game. Your numbers are hugely optimistic, in my opinion.

Even ignoring all that, most people with hacked Switches did so to pirate games, so not really feeling it on that front, either.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You're assuming all BOTW players still actually play or care about the game. Your numbers are hugely optimistic, in my opinion.

Even ignoring all that, most people with hacked Switches did so to pirate games, so not really feeling it on that front, either.

I don't know what we're arguing about anymore. I don't really care much for your estimations, aspersions cast on people who mod their consoles, or circular reasoning / begging the question "nobody will mod their game because people who mod their consoles do that to pirate games, not mod them". The point is that anyone with a modded console that wants to do this, can.

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a early update switch and a jig for just this occasion. Anyone have a tutorial to point me to for setting up this mod on console?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
This is great! I'm probably to scared to mod my Switch for it but I would love to play as Zelda in my next playthrough.

I wonder what the story and dialogue tweaks will be like.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Such a cool project. Hopefully Nintendo looks at all of the desire for a female playable character for BotW and include the option in the next game. Would love to see an official update for BotW, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
How so, I'm sure most won't even hack their Switch, and even of those who do, they're not doing it to play this mod and might ignore it.

Did you even read his post. He said the 'community' which is obviously 'modding community' and if you look at Reddit etc there are enough people that like being able to mod the game and play as Zelda that there are different skins and you can replace the voice. Like I don't get why that is hard to understand? Is it just because your better than others or something so you have to push your morals on others? Like what's the deal?

Gaming side is as bad as that other place.