• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

It's not much but it's still something! Playdead was also announced to be one of the first three companies to sign under Epic's new publishing initiative.

And as a refresher here's some early art from job postings:
2yuaqMNK5UDEsef6aKUFG-650-80.jpg.webp
oGtaC49Dggs4pwsyFnSFG-650-80.jpg.webp
8jLMnG5Vub3UrKG2gRVTG-650-80.jpg.webp

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting great things. I hope the Epic deal still allows them to release it on their own time. Inside has to be one of the most polished games out there.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Impossible to tell from just a few screenshots, but this makes me feel the game will possibly have less immediate threats than Inside and Limbo. Would be nice to see what they can do with a more lonely/exploration vibe.

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Inside is incredible. An absolutely masterpiece, so even if this is half as good... it'll be amazing.

Apr 21, 2018
Limbo and Inside are two of the best games I've ever played.

And this looks to continue that trend. I just love the art style and polish in their games. I love their dedication to no load screens, menus, text boxes, inventories -- it's the finest minimalist approach in gaming and it's wonderful.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that looks like a playdead game alright
LOVE limbo and inside, so this is a day 1 no matter what. i hope they consider switch as a platform for the game, if not i guess i'll play it on PC.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impossible to tell from just a few screenshots, but this makes me feel the game will possibly have less immediate threats than Inside and Limbo. Would be nice to see what they can do with a more lonely/exploration vibe.
i think that'd be a great direction to go for them. give me some atmospheric environments i can explore at my own pace.

I should play Inside. Limbo was great! Can't wait to see what they do next.
if you liked limbo, you're not ready for how much you're gonna like inside.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I was expecting a jump scare by the end of that footage.. Why is this even a video, it's 15 seconds of nothing.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
i think that'd be a great direction to go for them. give me some atmospheric environments i can explore at my own pace.

if you liked limbo, you're not ready for how much you're gonna like inside.
Maybe that's why i havnt gotten to it yet. My consousness know's what's coming and aint prepared. Soon though.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, after LIMBO and INSIDE, this is one of the few developers that I will buy their new game sight-unseen. Just fantastically creative minds over there at Playdead.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm looking forward to next gen indie games like this. People always think about the AAA bois, but I bet this game will look fantastic and clean.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
THAT moment of Inside.... really a high point, top 5, in my gaming life. Spent the whole time going "wait... no. What? Holy shit!" Will play any Playdead day 1.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is a studio that has earned the right from me to buy their games sight unseen on day one. Can't wait for this -and I'll play Inside again today after being reminded of what a masterpiece it is.

Somerville looks great too. I just wish we knew these release dates.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The games from the studio don't click with me but I do love the art styles the studio uses.

I might pick this up eventually

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
So, I don't know if this is anything new, but according to this danish interview with Playdead vice president Mads Wibroe, their new game is a 3rd person sci-fi adventure. Release still seems to be way out in the future, though.