• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kultur/ga...100-priser-nu-loefter-de-sloeret-deres-naeste

It will be a somewhat bigger game than the other two. It becomes more open and then it becomes a 3rd person game with a much larger area that you can move around. I've been tired of the limitations in 2D games. We have been through all over the past many years. So without knowing how to deal with the big world, that's the way we did to get back on insecure grounds, says Arnt Jensen, founder of Playdead and instructor of both 'Limbo', 'Inside' and the new project, and ensure that the new also reminds of the previous games.
It's a sci-fi adventure in the universe. But it draws on the same feelings as the other two games, so it becomes small-melancholy, he says.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Limbo and Inside were both fantastic games and can't wait for their next game. Their 2D games were so good and we should wait and see their 3D games too.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Melancholic sci-fi?

*Looks at own avatar*

YES PLEASE. Include a talking motorcycle and a 3-day rule while you're at it.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they remember to put some puzzles in this one.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
No video showcasing the game? booo

the game is only in the first stage... they are coming up with ideas for the game.. and NEXT year they will have a "internal gameplay demo", so that the people working on it get an idea of what they will be making over the next MANY years.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh, nice. I loved Limbo and INSIDE so I'm definitely there day one.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will be a somewhat bigger game than the other two. It becomes more open and then it becomes a 3rd person game with a much larger area that you can move around.
this already sounds awesome. seems like they want the game to start like a traditional 2D platformer like limbo and inside and then change the perspective to 3rd person.
whatever it is, i'm there day one. i hope it launches on switch alongside other platforms (i think the chances of that happening are very high for almost all indie games going forwards) but if it doesn't i'll get it on steam.
edit: seems like the game is 3 or 4 years away from release. probably will be on next gen consoles then.

Day one! (If it's not a timed exclusive again)
i hope this doesn't happen, but i'll understand if it does. they gotta eat.

Last edited:

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Great, I loved both of their previous games. And in 3D now ! I can't wait to see what they're up to.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I heard something about some senior team members (maybe even co-founder) leaving and making another company?

Well, I have full faith either way. For me, that just means two games to look forward to!

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I just bought and finished Inside yesterday. It was indeed an amazing game, albeit short. I'm glad to see them moving away from 2D also, and whatever they release I'll be here day 0 now.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
Cool this is all I'm gonna know about the game before playing it though. I like going in knowing absolutely nothing.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool this is all I'm gonna know about the game before playing it though. I like going in knowing absolutely nothing.
i wish i could do this, but i know i'll see or read details and trailers before release

I thought I heard something about some senior team members (maybe even co-founder) leaving and making another company?
there was some drama:
Shortly after the release of Inside, on 19 July 2016, Patti left the company, selling his shares to Jensen. Patti felt that he was leaving Playdead "in a state where it can definitely manage itself", and stated "Following almost 10 incredible years building Playdead from an idea to two dents in the games industry, I'm leaving to seek new challenges." Danish newspaper Dagbladet Børsen reported that a rift had developed between Patti and Jensen around 2015, that Patti described to Kotaku as "the supposed timeline for the next project(s) and where I am in my life now". The rift led to Jensen submitting a resignation letter to Patti from his position as creative director, though intending to stay on as a company executive. The letter had been misinterpreted by Patti as a full resignation from the company, and he subsequently removed Jensen's name from the Central Business Register for Playdead. This led to confrontation between the two and their representative lawyers that required intervention of the Danish Business Authority to resolve.[15]This ultimately led to Patti being forced to take a payout of 50 million Danish krones (about US$7.2 million) for his shares. Patti was disappointed on the way his involvement with Playdead ended, but said that "Arnt has been a really good friend and business partner for many years". Patti went on to found a new UK-based studio, Jumpship, along with film animator Chris Olsen, by June 2017.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
After Inside, they could honestly announce a go-kart racing sim featuring characters from their first two games and I'd be there on day 1.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Inside, they could honestly announce a go-kart racing sim featuring characters from their first two games and I'd be there on day 1.
i know who i'm gonna main
021773df-dd4c-41be-aiqem7.jpeg

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep this one's like several years away still but I like the concept and Playdead's track record is stellar. Definitely looking forward to seeing it.

Deleted member 46641

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I feel like this is the right call. Inside felt like it was pushing the limits of what they could do in 2D for presentation especially.