• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earlier today Filipino DOTA 2 playe Nico Barcelon (Eyyou) of TNC used a 150 PHP A-tech OP-620D mouse to help his team win WESG
The mouse is apparently extremely popular in LAN cafes for the low price and high durability.

Mouse Product page: http://a4tech.com/product.aspx?id=10
The A4tech optical wheel Mouse with hyper-fast scrolling for increased productivity. A nearly frictionless scroll wheel lets you fly through long documents and Web pages with a single flick. Experience smoother cursor control on virtually any surface. Contoured design give you more support and control.
1301455754276301.jpg

v8bzx85c7cl21.jpg

Kind of brings into question how much expensive gaming gear can actually improve your performance.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier today Filipino DOTA 2 playe Nico Barcelon (Eyyou) of TNC used a 150 PHP A-tech OP-620D mouse to help his team win WESG
The mouse is apparently extremely popular in LAN cafes for the low price and high durability.

Mouse Product page: http://a4tech.com/product.aspx?id=10

v8bzx85c7cl21.jpg

Kind of brings into question how much expensive gaming gear can actually improve your performance.

I mean, it doesn't really. High quality gear is but one aspect of competition. Just because you can win with trash gear doesn't mean gear doesn't matter.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can I get a mouse with an extra button just like that, between the left clicker and the mouse wheel... But with like 12 more buttons on the side?

Love my G502 but getting hella bored with the button placement. I need more, I need better, and nobody will step up

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Better equipment does help, but it also won't suddenly make you good if you were already playing badly.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Not possible. They need to run the tests, he's probably been doping on gamer fuel.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Not surprised at all.

My mouse and keyboard came in a combo and cost $10 lol.

I dont see why people overpay for something so simple.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get a mouse with an extra button just like that, between the left clicker and the mouse wheel... But with like 12 more buttons on the side?

Love my G502 but getting hella bored with the button placement. I need more, I need better, and nobody will step up
Isn't there a lot of MMO mouses that have what you are asking for? I have owned them before. Tons of buttons.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there a lot of MMO mouses that have what you are asking for? I have owned them before. Tons of buttons.
I want tons of buttons but I also want them to be spread across the entire mouse intelligently. I don't want my thumb to be in charge of 12 different functions while my pointer and index are relegated to one or two and the entire rest of my hand goes unused.

My G502 is pretty nice but I can't stand that the extra buttons on the mouse's top surface are on the left side of the left clicker, and not the right side. I also just wish the dang thing had more buttons all-around.

Oct 25, 2017
High quality gear basically comes down to personal preference and comfort. If you find something you like that's cheap then you'll be doing better then the guy throwing $200 at Razer for no good reason.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
High quality gear basically comes down to personal preference and comfort. If you find something you like that's cheap then you'll be doing better then the guy throwing $200 at Razer for no good reason.
Yep. And many casual players don't understand this, and think that they need to pick up a fighting stick to be competitive at a fighting game, for example. All of it is about personal preference.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
The DPI race is silly, because no one needs crazy 4000+ DPI mice. Many pros keep DPI low to ensure smooth movement anyway.

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, does it really matter for a MOBA? I assume a mouse like this wouldn't fly for shooters like CS:GO.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Better equipment does help, but it also won't suddenly make you good if you were already playing badly.

"Better" equipment may help with some specific functions, but better how? My Chinese developed mouse that cost $20 is better than my old Logitech MX518 and a lot more durable...

I don't know about the mouse in OP, but a lot of name brand mice are marked up garbage, including a lot of the most popular models, compared to the fly by night Chinese brands today.

Also yeah, that multi thousand DPI is functionally worthless.

funroll-loops

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a little suprised about a mouse specifically since a lot of them have kind of crappy sensors, but on the other hand, as mentioned above, a lot of expensive mice have crappy sensors too so I don't think the sensor has much to do with the price.

Expensive keyboards and chairs are more suspect to me. I have a nice mechanical keyboard at work that I like, but I suspect that the optimal keyboard for competitive games would be some sort of low-travel laptop type keyboard. And most of those gaming chairs look like repurposed automotive bucket seats to me (they even leave the harness cutouts on most of them).

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
I used to play counterstrike since beta 7 etc to all modern fps on a 10$ Ms wheel mouse optical. Was my fav , great weight shape. So sad when they got discontinued

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
This game is a moba...Comeback to me when a cs pro does this. Until then I'll be very happy using my Zowie EC-2A

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I had better aim using a ball mouse as a teenager than I do now with a fancy pro laser mouse

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
I used to play counterstrike since beta 7 etc to all modern fps on a 10$ Ms wheel mouse optical. Was my fav , great weight shape. So sad when they got discontinued

I mean... you're talking about what was arguably the best mouse ever for some people (assuming you mean the WMO 1.1).