• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1614331783209943042

Review page of the game

I don't think I've ever heard of getting banned for just not playing for an amount of time before. If you've played Lost Ark on Steam before and dropped it, you may wanna see if you got hit with a ban as well.

UPDATE: They're working on reversing the false bans

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a case of something server side creating a bunch of false positives.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
absolutely insane that it shows on your steam profile. hopefully these bans are swiftly undone and the permissions to do this are taken away from the Lost Ark devs

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I launched the game once near launch but never made a character, I wonder…
EDIT : I'm safe but checked some profiles and yeah it shows the ban, oof. Even private profils show the ban.

Last edited:

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
As someone with 2k hours in this game , Amazon and smilegate have done nothing but fuck up the western version of this game lol

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I played superhard during launch weeks then haven't touched it, need to check

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised, but fortunately no VAC ban listed here. The reason I quit about a month or so after launch was because of how Amazon was running the game. Just abysmal decisions for players left right and centre.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
my guess is that someone was trying to do some dormant account cleanup or something (free up character names from dead accounts, etc) and ended up doing something very stupid by accident

sounds dumb, but I mean, wouldn't be the first time (or the tenth time) for this game - it'll get fixed

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Someone on reddit said that it was because the company is aggressively trying to deter bot accounts.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Having bans permanently show up on your profile because some pub/dev does something behind the scenes is scary af if you have a Steam account with thousands of dollars of stuff tied to it. Valve really should have some sort of appeal process, or have all bans expire in something like 5 to 10 years max. If I had my account flagged for something like this I would be furious.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Not going to lie at first I thought this was a bunch of rmters/botters complaining and making shit up but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Vac bans????

I hope they fix all of this and Valve revokes their ban privileges because goddamn.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't played for over a year and logged on yesterday, my account is still fine.

Very strange. Guessing this is a mistake that will hopefully all be reversed.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Not a single person I know who has played the game before and hasn't touched it in 6-10 months had this happen to them

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This sucks but would also be kind of comical if they were actually purposely targeting players that weren't playing instead of some false positives on bot bans.

"Too good to play our game for a year huh? Alright then 😡 "

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This is absolutely insane, and should come with harsh punishment from Valve towards the devs. VAC bans are serious shit.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
This is absolutely insane, and should come with harsh punishment from Valve towards the devs. VAC bans are serious shit.
it's a game ban, not a VAC ban

View: https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1613243807029682176?s=20

Guessing it has to do with this but who knows.

edit: Title also might want to specify this is a VAC ban which is way more serious than a ban from a f2p mmo you already quit, imo

are we sure it is a VAC? the only thing I ever heard is "game ban" not VAC ban

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since shortly after launch, as far as I can tell I'm not banned

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
i havent played since April... account seems fine but tbh not sure I'd really care. I havent had any urge to go back to it. It's a convoluted game with not so good F2P Monetization.

Combats great for the first 30 or so hours... feel like I got my fill of it after that point.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I'm missing a source, but a reddit comment said that this is likely to do with their change to the in-game economy where only accounts in good standing can participate. This move is likely to eliminate all of the backlogged alts that people might have.

So fucking stupid regardless.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Valve really should get rid of third party game bans. Serves no purpose and it's always a way higher risk with false positives.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017

Greetings Heroes of Arkesia,

Following a recent wave of bot bans, we've seen an increase in ban appeals from players who have been incorrectly impacted by these bans.

We have determined the error that triggered these false bans, and are actively working on reversing them for all affected legitimate players regardless of whether a support ticket who has been filed. In the meantime, you are still welcome to submit a Ban Appeal ticket to Customer Support so that the team can more quickly assist with restoring your account and removing all penalties.

Thank you for your reports and patience as we work to make this right with affected players.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
gVtYvls.png

So much for that

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
if by "forge rate" you mean honing chances, there have been honing buffs up to a point.
If you did not vibe with honing, you will never enjoy the game

Yeah honing. It was absolutely fucking brutal and I'd literally drain tens of thousands of gold into just getting one level up. Shit gets to be gacha tier for probability when you're trying to climb to current content but you fall so far behind because of whales.