• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there is greater liability either from the false advertisement of the bag or the liability of PII leaking in the post-GDPR world.

The PII is much more severe since they could be subject to huge fines if governments decide to pursue it, which the EU could be quite likely to do since it's a major violation of consumer rights. The canvas bag kerfuffle is a little different since Bethesda actually admitted their mistake and were trying to fix it, doesn't make what they did right but they fixed it to avoid potential lawsuits.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These bags are cursed.

When the customers get them they will be coated in asbestos or something

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, it has been sometime since with have had a disater of this proportion. I was kinda missing the fun :)

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's like a Rube Goldberg machine of fuck-ups. It just keeps happening.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
So this is how you feel when you enjoy something that you haven't played. This is just both entertaining and comical and appalling, all wrapped up in one.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
How do you consistently screw up this many time in such a short period? This has to be intentional right?

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Isn't that illegal? and a worse offense than false advertisement?

They probably are hoping for the community to make their own bags and ship them to each other. Expecting another 500 atoms as a sorry for leaking everyone's personal information, at least now everyone will be able to buy the digital canvas bag.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
>Be me
>Don't get canvas bag with collector's edition as advertised
>Pissed off
>Bethesda says it's too expensive to make a canvas bag
>Get shitty nylon bag instead
>Even more pissed off
>Bethesda gives me $5 of fake money
>Fucking enraged
>Bethesda says they'll make the canvas bag
>Simmer down
>Have to open a ticket with them and include personal information that proves i bought the collector's edition
>Bethesda's support system leaks my personal information
>Bethesda says nothing but "Hey Guys, We've Resolved The Issue" on their fucking forums and nowhere else
>Cry and laugh because mentally broken after this comical PR nightmare

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I guess not giving Valve 30% was worth in the end, those 30% will cover their fines and court costs XD

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there is greater liability either from the false advertisement of the bag or the liability of PII leaking in the post-GDPR world.

Generate some AI thread titles with Bethesda as the seed and see if we can discover which bugs are real and which aren't!

I guess not giving Valve 30% was worth in the end, those 30% will cover their fines and court costs XD

If they didn't write the ticketing software they'll just pass the buck onto the company that did develop it. They are likely to be able to wash their hands free of this besides the bad PR.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Man at the beginning it was all laughs but now it's just so depressing to see a company so beloved in such a pitiful state...

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Good thing I didn't put in my ticket yet. Man, they are not having having a good time with this.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Them being unable to avoid another significant error while trying to make things right is just making me sad, despite my best efforts to enjoy this comedy of errors.