• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Says a lot they haven't put out a "we hear you", but they are past that, someone should step up and show some leadership
skynews-trump-note_425di0z.jpg

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What a perfect way to cap off the entire debacle that is F76. Unless...they manage to fuck up something else? I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I had a feeling that the whole "getting the canvas bags to the players" wasn't going to go as smoothly as people hoped, but I did not imagine Bethesda doing THIS in this short of a time span. Fucking bravo. I really hope nothing bad happens to those whose information got leaked out, but this whole thing has been mind blowing to witness. Just...holy shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Is there a list of all the fails surrounding Fallout 76?

Off the top of my head:

- 'Play the BETA first if you pre-order!' is just really a bunch of horseshit considering that the timeframe of the BETA is very limited and oddly timed, causing many people unable to participate.
- Their launcher deleted game files already downloaded, forcing players to re-download the files and for them to change their BETA schedule to accommodate people needing to redownload the whole thing all over again (too bad for folks with data caps...)
- They actually sent a notice letter to players saying to the tune of "Expect this game to be bug and glitch-ridden!"
- Issues in BETA persist in the launch (well whaddya expect the BETA is like only 2 weeks before launch), and some of them even prevented game progress such as a vending machine that is supposed to give out a token necessary to proceed failing to do so (in fact players are clipping through it as if the vending machine isn't even there)
- Server disconnects.
- Related to above, the game can't handle players simultaneously launching 3 nukes at the same time, crashing the server.
- Really funny bugs such as players looking down at the ground actually increase their walking/running speed very significantly. Other known and common glitches including the Scorched (zombie monsters) T-Posing all over the place.
- A gigantic patch bigger than the game itself (even bigger than games like God of War, lol).
- Players ordering Power Armor edition receiving Nylon bag instead of Canvas as promised and advertised, due to "unavailability of materials" even though Canvas is like, one of the most common fabric materials in the world, lol.
- Related to above: a customer service representative replying to a customer query with "We don't plan on doing anything about it" (lol), only for Bethesda to later say that the employee is not a permanent worker of the company but then what they say is amounting to basically the same thing only much nicer (hahaha)
- News coming out that YouTubers and Influencers are given Canvas bags for free, all this while the Canvas to Nylon bag blunder are still hot in the news.
- And now this, people who put in support tickets for Power Armor bags can see detailed personal information of others submitting tickets as well, like all of them.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Off the top of my head:

- 'Play the BETA first if you pre-order!' is just really a bunch of horseshit considering that the timeframe of the BETA is very limited and oddly timed, causing many people unable to participate.
- Their launcher deleted game files already downloaded, forcing players to re-download the files and for them to change their BETA schedule to accommodate people needing to redownload the whole thing all over again (too bad for folks with data caps...)
- They actually sent a notice letter to players saying to the tune of "Expect this game to be bug and glitch-ridden!"
- Issues in BETA persist in the launch (well whaddya expect the BETA is like only 2 weeks before launch), and some of them even prevented game progress such as a vending machine that is supposed to give out a token necessary to proceed failing to do so (in fact players are clipping through it as if the vending machine isn't even there)
- Server disconnects.
- Related to above, the game can't handle players simultaneously launching 3 nukes at the same time, crashing the server.
- Really funny bugs such as players looking down at the ground actually increase their walking/running speed very significantly. Other known and common glitches including the Scorched (zombie monsters) T-Posing all over the place.
- A gigantic patch bigger than the game itself (even bigger than games like God of War, lol).
- Players ordering Power Armor edition receiving Nylon bag instead of Canvas as promised and advertised, due to "unavailability of materials" even though Canvas is like, one of the most common fabric materials in the world, lol.
- Related to above: a customer service representative replying to a customer query with "We don't plan on doing anything about it" (lol), only for Bethesda to later say that the employee is not a permanent worker of the company but then what they say is amounting to basically the same thing only much nicer (hahaha)
- News coming out that YouTubers and Influencers are given Canvas bags for free, all this while the Canvas to Nylon bag blunder are still hot in the news.
- And now this, people who put in support tickets for Power Armor bags can see detailed personal information of others submitting tickets as well, like all of them.

-It was also found that they resused code and assets from Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
-They also told some people they were going to get Refunds on PC, but then cancelled the refunds and said they were not doing refunds anymore.
-Ninja's Fallout 76 Stream With Rick, Morty, And Logic was a mess

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Off the top of my head:

- Server disconnects.

Awww. Thank you. This is hilarious.
Wasn't there also something that you can easily cheat because there is no server side handling for many actions nor a cheat detection?

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
You
Off the top of my head:

- Server disconnects.
You're forgetting how it all began from that list - a 24 hour livestream of Vault Boy doing nothing on Twitch, ending with a trailer that only revealed the game's name and opened pre-orders, despite not mentioning anywhere that this wasn't a real Fallout game but an online only multiplayer survival game.

That triggered journalists like Jason Schreier, who (lucky enough to posses a moral compass) felt there might be a problem with asking fans to pre order a new Fallout game without first informing them about what the game really is. He announced it was online, and essentially a survival game like Rust. Bethesda got furious, told people to ignore him, but still refused to say the game was an online only survival.

Eventually at E3 they confirmed it was online but specifically said they don't consider it a survival game, because it's still got all the things you would expect from a Fallout game and is a lot deeper than a game like Rust. This defence lasted for months before they finally started admitting it's basically an online only survival game like Rust.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
-It was also found that they resused code and assets from Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
-They also told some people they were going to get Refunds on PC, but then cancelled the refunds and said they were not doing refunds anymore.
-Ninja's Fallout 76 Stream With Rick, Morty, And Logic was a mess

Ahh right, too many to count, haha.

Awww. Thank you. This is hilarious.
Wasn't there also something that you can easily cheat because there is no server side handling for many actions nor a cheat detection?

Oh yea, there was something like that too, but latest I heard about that Bethesda actually disputed it so I'm not sure about its veracity.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
You

You're forgetting how it all began from that list - a 24 hour livestream of Vault Boy doing nothing on Twitch, ending with a trailer that only revealed the game's name and opened pre-orders, despite not mentioning anywhere that this wasn't a real Fallout game but an online only multiplayer survival game.

That triggered journalists like Jason Schreier, who (lucky enough to posses a moral compass) felt there might be a problem with asking fans to pre order a new Fallout game without first informing them about what the game really is. He announced it was online, and essentially a survival game like Rust. Bethesda got furious, told people to ignore him, but still refused to say the game was an online only survival.

Eventually at E3 they confirmed it was online but specifically said they don't consider it a survival game, because it's still got all the things you would expect from a Fallout game and is a lot deeper than a game like Rust. This defence lasted for months before they finally started admitting it's basically an online only survival game like Rust.

This is news to me, haha, the first time I know about 76 was when they first announced it at E3.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
This is news to me, haha, the first time I know about 76 was when they first announced it at E3.
They announced it a week before E3, on Twitch. E3 was the gameplay reveal.

The announcement trailer came after a 24 hour Twitch stream of nothingness, got fans hyped for a new Fallout and started taking their money for it, but failed to mention the game was online only. Schreier told everyone it was an online only survival game, and it led to a solid week of anger and deflection from Bethesda, which meant a lot of Fallout fans started attacking Schreier for making shit up. Because there's no way Bethesda would announce a new Fallout and take preorders for it if the game was actually a multiplayer survival thing, right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/8nw1h2/hi_rfallout_just_want_to_clear_something_up_about/

Some interesting replies in here, which have become comedy GOLD with the knowledge we have today:

First off I have to say that you made a big mistake even talking about this game at all, you claim you did this as a favor to us gamers BUT at the same time you made several statements conflicting each other while also trying to do damage control.

Has it ever occurred that MAYBE your sources are wrong? Especially considering how you and others leaked information about fallout 4 in the past including the plot and Nate that this could be bethesda setting people up with lies to get back at those leaking important information as revenge?

Bethesda seems to indicate that no one should be listening to anyone but them and the way they responded gives me the impression you're not entirely true. The Fallout 4 engine, even if it's modified even further from it's current form, does not work for multiplayer. Modders have known this for years. It's highly unlikely this will be a online focused game. At best the amount of coop people you can have is maybe 3 so telling people this will be online focused when you don't even know what the game is or how it plays is a bad idea and all it did has mislead the people you were trying to warn.

All in all I think everyone needs to stop listening to people, no matter who they may come from(4chan, Kotaku) and wait until we get the nitty gritty from the horses mouth on June 10th. Because the engine they have does not functionally work for multiplayer and that's just a fact, anyone expecting anything like Rust or H1Z1 or whatever size multiplayer is going to be really disappointed. I could see the coop being similar to Dead Island or Borderlands but still SP focused.

Last edited:

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Uh, wow. Did not know all of that happened beforehand. Like Laughing Banana, I only first knew about Fallout 76 at E3.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

The announcement trailer came after a 24 hour Twitch stream of nothingness, got fans hyped for a new Fallout and started taking their money for it, but failed to mention the game was online only. Schreier told everyone it was an online only survival game, and it led to a solid week of anger and deflection from Bethesda, which meant a lot of Fallout fans started attacking Schreier for making shit up. Because there's no way Bethesda would announce a new Fallout and take preorders for it if the game was actually a multiplayer survival thing, right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/8nw1h2/hi_rfallout_just_want_to_clear_something_up_about/

Some interesting replies in here, which have become comedy GOLD with the knowledge we have today:

I see, hah... well right now the folks at r/fallout are largely dismissive of the game as far as I can tell and even the folks of r/fo76 which is, as far as I am aware, the most forgiving community out there for this game (to the point where I think it's the only forum Bethesda engages in outside their official forum) are starting to turn around due to this data breach fuck-ups, in addition to the latest issue of the patch where apparently Bethesda patches a bunch of things but did not include them in the patch notes, despite the community manager's assurance that they would be more open to the community.

Oh, and that reminds me, there was one occasion where Bethesda just copy-pasted their responses in fallout Reddit communities that those got deleted by admins and Bots.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they just got sick of making fallout games so they decided to kill the franchise for a while

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Off the top of my head:

- Server disconnects.

Cant wait till E3 next year to see how Todd dismisses this utter clusterfuck of a game on stage

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
You

Whoa.
I consider myself fairly on-the-ball with the goings on here, even with game series I don't generally care for, and I somehow missed this entire debacle.
While I remember some stuff about online Fallout rumours, but the Fallout 76 announcement - to my recollection - was at E3.

That's utterly shameful and deceitful of Bethesda. They already knew fans wouldn't be happy with the game direction and were trying to scam people before the real announcement.
Shit.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I have to say, I've never seen a game with better post-launch content than Fallout 76. Daily updates, all building on one of the most entertaining video game stories in history. I have already received more hours of entertainment from this game I haven't bought, than I have from most games I spent $60 on. Thanks Bethesda!

giphy.webp

Whoa.
I consider myself fairly on-the-ball with the goings on here, even with game series I don't generally care for, and I somehow missed this entire debacle.
While I remember some stuff about online Fallout rumours, but the Fallout 76 announcement - to my recollection - was at E3.

That's utterly shameful and deceitful of Bethesda. They already knew fans wouldn't be happy with the game direction and were trying to scam people before the real announcement.
Shit.

Yep, it really set the tone from day one with how this would all pan out. It's worrying that so many are forgetting this is how the game was revealed, because Schreier was completely hung out to dry by Bethesda and mobbed by their fans for suggesting Fallout would be online. He had one hell of an abusive week, all because Bethesda wanted to drive pre-order numbers as much as possible and not hamstring them by revealing what this game really was until E3.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

More effort than the actual game. Not even joking.

Bethesda's imploding as we speak.

Not gonna use the word ''fired'' so I'll use another word instead.

I think many people at Bethesda needs to be replaced, whether it's QA, programmer, PR or producer. Whoever decides the release date also needs to be replaced, he/she has been rushing the entire team's development for years.

Too many rusty screws at Bethesda and it's starting to cause some major malfunctions. Maybe it's time to replace some of them. Just saying.

Last edited:

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
Bethesda has been cheapening out for a while now. All these probs are a direct consequence of this.

Last edited:

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I just feel bad now... like no hot take or snarky remark. For the consumers effected to the rank and file who worked on this game and everyone in between. This has been a full stop disaster.

I am now curious what effects this has on the rest of the industry and hopefully beneficial one if only as a cautionary example.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda is on a roll. Makes me wonder how much can someone fuck up in such a short time.

Silver9

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Bethesda keep fucking up. This whole situation is much more enjoyable than Fallout 76 will ever be.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
At this point I'm honestly wondering if Bethesda will be able to recover from this in the public eye. Starfield and TES VI hype can only fix so much.

Well, that commenter was right about one thing.

. The Fallout 4 engine, even if it's modified even further from it's current form, does not work for multiplayer. Modders have known this for years.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that I wish for more fucks up fall on Bethesda to the point that they are forced to scrap their terrible engine and reorganized their whole dev team in order to create a better non buggy engine and more competent developers?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Bethesda has been on a downward slope for years now, but it's like they just said "fuck it" and jumped off the side.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the twelfth day of Fallout, Bethesda gave to me: a good old doxxing!

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Honestly, the only things they could now do to fix this mess would be:
- refund the game purchase to everyone
- make the game free to play while working on fixing it
- go dark until they're ready to show Starfield gameplay (and it better blow everyone away).

Sadly, neither of that is very likely to happen.