• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the only things they could now do to fix this mess would be:
- refund the game purchase to everyone
- make the game free to play while working on fixing it
- go dark until they're ready to show Starfield gameplay (and it better blow everyone away).

Sadly, neither of that is very likely to happen.

It's very likely that they're going dark.

They haven't even issued a formal apology yet. Just a few half-hearted, insincere attempts to fix their problems. Which have created even more problems.

Toadofsky

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 8, 2018
It's very likely that they're going dark.

They haven't even issued a formal apology yet. Just a few half-hearted, insincere attempts to fix their problems. Which have created even more problems.

I don't know if anyone has said it here but I found a funny post from a reddit post on this, "Bethesda relies on the modding community to fix their games, maybe they figure the modding community will help with this as well".

I'd say I'd be surprised if there's anymore defense articles for Bethesda after this, there really isn't anything to defend them on if they're this incompetent.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Well, i haven't called them Bugthesda for 15 years without reasons.

They stay true to their name.

Sadly.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
And again this seemingly impacts their most diehard customers the most. Insane. Did some executive at Bethesda deny an elderly person a third mortgage extension or hit them with a car or something?

Syysch

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, the only things they could now do to fix this mess would be:
- refund the game purchase to everyone
- make the game free to play while working on fixing it
- go dark until they're ready to show Starfield gameplay (and it better blow everyone away).

Sadly, neither of that is very likely to happen.

Refunds dont undo nor compensate for the personal information leak, though.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
It just keeps going and at this point I'm absolutely flabbergasted. HOW do you fuck up a support website?

Bethesda: "Why can't i stop breaking shells?''

latest

Syysch

Oct 30, 2017
Obviously. But nothing really does.
These are the things they _could_ do, they can't unpublish the personal info, unless they have a time machine stashed somewhere.

I've received a year-long sub at one of those identify theft protection things and i think a lifetime sub at another for some data breaches before. Something like that is at least an attempt, but should definitely start with a sincere acknowledgement and apology. I don't really know what truly fixes something like that either. It impacts everybody differently.