• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Got the old map on the test server, basically everyone immediately left.
edit: And again.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
im never going back

YOU CANT MAKE ME

NOOOOOO

Get the damn framerate up to par with the new map and I'll be fine with it

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
ALERT ALERT, THOSE TWO STORY HOUSES WITH ALL BARRED WINDOWS ON ERANGEL NOW HAVE SOME WINDOWS WITH BARS REMOVED

MEGATON

edit: And the two windows on the second story of garages on the left side as you come in!

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
ALERT ALERT, THOSE TWO STORY HOUSES WITH ALL BARRED WINDOWS ON ERANGEL NOW HAVE SOME WINDOWS WITH BARS REMOVED

MEGATON

LxWfjrY.gif

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The new map feels like a entirely new game and from a quick first impression I like it better than the old one, if it stays like this I can't say but it's fun! :D And say is it still advised turning most settings to low? I can't seem to see people either way.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't flipped a bike in like 50 hours, and then today on Miramar I hit a tiny ass bump, the bike got pushed 1 inch into the air, and without even turning mid-air more than a tiny bit it launched me off of the bike and instantly killed me despite going at a relatively low speed.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How likely is it that a player I killed raged and shut down the server ? 10 seconds after the kill "Host Closed the Connection" with 4 players remaining. :|

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Messed around with the reshade stuff

Unfortunately it takes like 20 FPS from me

So I tried lowering reso and balancing options like clarity

Turned it all off now to achieve 50-60 FPS

Feel like I win more with higher fps since i shoot better

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Oops wrong quote...

Im getting even better now. Found the right spot for my dpi.

Turned off killcam because it hurt my fps. The smoother the game the better i aim.

At 30-40 FPS dips my aiming is horrible and jittery. At 50-60, I can track with a lot of accuracy

Btw, will better optimization on pubg's end improve my fps and gfx setting?

Like, do i need to buy new hardware or can I hope for more improvements?

I know 1.0 is a big update but will there be anything further for optimization?

Last edited:

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At 30-40 FPS dips my aiming is horrible and jittery. At 50-60, I can track with a lot of accuracy Btw, will better optimization on pubg's end improve my fps and gfx setting? Like, do i need to buy new hardware or can I hope for more improvements? I know 1.0 is a big update but will there be anything further for optimization?

PUB looks worse than Battlefield 1, but runs worse, even on test server, so there's room for optimization. Only downside is, they aren't a company who makes their game engine, so the potential for optimization is less, and they are going to have to keep throwing anti-cheat on the fire, which can eat up some frames.

On my (now old) i5 3570k, I went from dogshit performance back in march -> playable -> decent -> actually pretty consistently above 60 almost the whole time (on the test server) -> slightly worse again after anti-cheat measures. What machine do you have?

I still upgraded though. Swapped over to an i3 8350K. Game (and everything) loads a lot faster now, runs maybe 30-50% better if I was to guess. I don't know if DDR4 over DDR3 did that or what. Eyeballing nvidia overlay I seem to get between 70-110 fps most of the time.

I'm sure you've tweaked view distance, and other settings, but a big on that a lot of people miss is the recording features that Windows and Nvidia at least will always try to have on automatically. Xbox game recorder and shadowplay. Shadowplay can be turned off in nvidia experience, but for Windows you have to download the Xbox app and then turn it off in there. Gives a nice boost. And if you are really struggling, turning off the steam overlay will net you a couple of frames.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
I played this game for months at 4K and was getting like 40-ish fps. I decided to change it over to 1080P and bump everything up to Ultra and it is a complete gamechanger. 60+fps makes this game so much better.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
PUB looks worse than Battlefield 1, but runs worse, even on test server, so there's room for optimization. Only downside is, they aren't a company who makes their game engine, so the potential for optimization is less, and they are going to have to keep throwing anti-cheat on the fire, which can eat up some frames.

On my (now old) i5 3570k, I went from dogshit performance back in march -> playable -> decent -> actually pretty consistently above 60 almost the whole time (on the test server) -> slightly worse again after anti-cheat measures. What machine do you have?

I still upgraded though. Swapped over to an i3 8350K. Game (and everything) loads a lot faster now, runs maybe 30-50% better if I was to guess. I don't know if DDR4 over DDR3 did that or what. Eyeballing nvidia overlay I seem to get between 70-110 fps most of the time.

I'm sure you've tweaked view distance, and other settings, but a big on that a lot of people miss is the recording features that Windows and Nvidia at least will always try to have on automatically. Xbox game recorder and shadowplay. Shadowplay can be turned off in nvidia experience, but for Windows you have to download the Xbox app and then turn it off in there. Gives a nice boost. And if you are really struggling, turning off the steam overlay will net you a couple of frames.

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHZ

8 GB Ram

Current GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7800

Ill go ahead and turn off steam overlay and hope that the recording feature is on so that I can hope for more frames

Every little bit helps.

If I can get a consistent 60+ I can maybe turn on Sharpen on Reshade (which eats like 10 FPS), because I love how that makes everything look sharper

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same as I used to have. I actually overclocked from 3.4-> 4.2 with that, only for battlegrounds before giving up the struggle and upgrading. I wouldn't go near re-shade personally though. To be clear you want to make sure all forms of recording are off if you are struggling for frames, but I don't know if AMD automatically have it on though. Windows definitely does.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played this game for months at 4K and was getting like 40-ish fps. I decided to change it over to 1080P and bump everything up to Ultra and it is a complete gamechanger. 60+fps makes this game so much better.

Surprised people: 0

What game doesnt become better with good actually playable fps tho?

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wow I can now run the game at 45 FPS out in the open and 30fps in buildings at max everything on 1440p on my PC (1600x, gtx 970 and 16GB) in the test server. Before I got that much at medium in the game (not test server)

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Played the old map on the test server. New one is soooo much better. Old map needs a rework and should be brought back with the snow map (whenever the hell that comes out)

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
So I've got the yellow tracksuit which is currently worth $42 canadian on the steam market, do we think the price of stuff is gonna increase once 1.0 hits?

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever add official multi-monitor support for super wide resolutions like 5760*1080? If I recall correctly, I tried it earlier this year, and it kinda worked, but there were issues. It cut off like 90% of the body in 3rd person and you could only see the head.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
God, if you don't get at least a 4x scope on Miramar it's pure torture. There's so many long range engagements when you simply cannot tell where your shot is landing with irons or any sight, and the rendering on the test server is so blurry and shimmery it makes players hard to distinguish sometimes.

There are so many times I've spent a whole round hitting multiple players once or twice from range and then it's impossible to finish the engagement, we either just keep missing each other or someone chickens out and drives away.

Last edited:

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
I actually felt OK today playing, felt a little more confident, got a kills, took on some other engagements and either escaped or forced the other person to back off, worked the circle OK and got a third.

There really is no better progression system in gaming than feeling YOU are getting better rather than simply having better stuff. It is probably enhanced by being new to PC gaming so also having to get used to mouse and keyboard but it really does feel nice to feel a little more able.

A chicken dinner is not waiting to be served but I do at least know where the restaurant is now!

Oh yeah and I'm joining the three wheelers are sketchy club:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man my fps definitely is lower in the first map still

So frustrating

On new map its 40 minimum but mostly 55-60.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
Messed around with the reshade stuff

Unfortunately it takes like 20 FPS from me

So I tried lowering reso and balancing options like clarity

Turned it all off now to achieve 50-60 FPS

Feel like I win more with higher fps since i shoot better

Try using LumaSharpen (strength at ~1.5) instead of Clarity, it shouldn't cost any fps while basically achieving the same thing.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
lumasharpen and adaptive sharpen both work really well, and their performance is really good

they look slightly different, so try both and see which one you like more.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided my favorite place to drop on Miramar is the church/graveyard/mines edge. The fights there are so fun.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Big patch on the test server. Early reports are that you can look in 360 degrees while diving/chuting again and that toggle/hold to ADS option is in. Also that the AA is less blurry again. No patch notes up yet that I can find.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of nice changes in there. Finally fixing stuff like the AR quickdraw thing is a relief, the parachuting thing is good to know it was a glitch and not a deliberate change, and I really hope the new circle changes up Miramar's pacing.

Oh, and people are saying they've improved the AA so it's not as blurry anymore.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
The AA was killing me. Spent all week adjusting Screen Clarity, and reshade options, AA etc to get 60 FPS that didnt look blurry or pixelated

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
Map shouldn't be random for the first couple of months. Then you can put them in the same pool after a while.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Argh, I cant stand this game.

Sneak up on a guy who is shooting someone in the distance.

I put a headshot, and a body shot, he runs behind the car in front of him. He's got to be a single shot, to die right?

Well I run up to him, and he INSTANTLY SPRAYS ME WITH A SCAR. Im thinking Ill take damage but be able to kill him off, but I didnt even get the chance to shoot

I just dont fucking get it and Im so frustrated. How does he spray me down so fast at full health and level 2 armour? Should I have just been using Burst and spraying like mad? He was like 8 feet in front of me.

I just am getting so fed up because it never feels like I can consistently figure this game out

Last edited: