• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
Give some feedback thx!

I can't give any feedback on the play as quite clearly you are at an entirely different level to me but with regards to the video itself I enjoyed it bar the music but that's a personal taste thing. That said, it would be nice to be able to hear the gun fire etc. as it gives some more context to the situations you're in. Amazing how you deal with two or three guys at a time in parts, predicting their route to you and responding so well. I guess that's mostly experience?

Some really great shots and plays!

I guess my main feedback is that as a new player these kinds of hype videos from good players are really fun to watch but I have to be honest and say I'd usually rather just watch a match from such a player's perspective as I may be able to draw at least some lessons from it rather than just think to myself "drat, I'll never play like that".

Thanks for sharing Vipu , I enjoyed the watch.

Hope everyone is having a good week, FRIDAY's here!

GuyFive

Oct 26, 2017
How many people here do the all low settings like pros to make other players more visible? I've done it and noticed no difference in spotting but have seen the game look like utter trash. Curious if it's actually worth me investing my time getting used to.

Nov 2, 2017
Well, time to adjust my steam controller bindings. I've had ADS set up as hold by using the 'start press' and 'release press' modifier for a while now.

Oh and funny story, the other day I joined a game in the new map, and there was a little glitch right at the start, and all 100 players were forced out of the plane at the same time. Pure chaos.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
They need to allow map selection because the old map is shit right now when half the people quit every single game. Having your whole squad quit means you either quit, or play alone at a huge disadvantage. I have never waited more than 5 second to find a game in FPP. Having map selection won't hurt that. I would rather wait a few seconds more if it means half the players won't quit.

Either add map selection, or add a punishment for quitting. The thing is, quitting was never a problem before, even without a punishment. The best solution is allowing players to choose.

Last edited:

spuck

Oct 28, 2017
London
Map selection is a great idea, but they shouldn't allow people to choose the weather. That really would add too many variables.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't give any feedback on the play as quite clearly you are at an entirely different level to me but with regards to the video itself I enjoyed it bar the music but that's a personal taste thing. That said, it would be nice to be able to hear the gun fire etc. as it gives some more context to the situations you're in. Amazing how you deal with two or three guys at a time in parts, predicting their route to you and responding so well. I guess that's mostly experience?

Some really great shots and plays!

I guess my main feedback is that as a new player these kinds of hype videos from good players are really fun to watch but I have to be honest and say I'd usually rather just watch a match from such a player's perspective as I may be able to draw at least some lessons from it rather than just think to myself "drat, I'll never play like that".

Thanks for sharing Vipu , I enjoyed the watch.

Hope everyone is having a good week, FRIDAY's here!

Thx!

Yeah I will put gamesounds just a bit louder next time.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sharpening filter is unpleasant. They need to get rid. It makes it look so gamey and shimmery.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Flat out losing 95% of my gun fights

I dont know how to fix it. Feels like people iust have KBM experience over me. Only way I kill people is if they arent shooting back

Any advice? Cant turn on kill cams because they arent accurate and cause fps drops

When do i ads, hipfire, and focus fire?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Dropped into a town and jumped through a window and grabbed a crossbow. Guy comes in the other door with a vss. Lights me up, less than half health. I run out the back door and around the house. He runs through the house and I put one through his gut as he comes out the front door. Down. Reload and finish him off. Proceed to come in second.

Moral of the story, never give up.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dropped into a town and jumped through a window and grabbed a crossbow. Guy comes in the other door with a vss. Lights me up, less than half health. I run out the back door and around the house. He runs through the house and I put one through his gut as he comes out the front door. Down. Reload and finish him off. Proceed to come in second.

Moral of the story, never give up.

Also - don't be predictable and leave through doors :-) great come back by you!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017

I dont know how to fix it. Feels like people iust have KBM experience over me. Only way I kill people is if they arent shooting back

Any advice? Cant turn on kill cams because they arent accurate and cause fps drops

Never hipfire or soft-aim (over the shoulder). It's a terrible habit, and any kills you get like that are pure luck. I do it when I freak out, it's awful.

Autofire starts to get iffy compared to smashing semi-auto around maybe 30-40 yards -- think the length of the average warehouse and a half. Practice recentering rapid semi-auto fire when you can. Going "aim... shoot! aim... shoot! aim... shoot!" is going to get you killed against someone who can go "shoot! shoot! shoot! shoot!", even if they're only 80% as accurate as you.

Autofire can kick a lot, especially with the AK. A lot of the time I'll just keep a UMP set to auto in my second slot and an AR set to semi-auto in the first. The UMP doesn't hit has hard as any AR, but it kicks significantly less, and is as good as an AR set to auto at close range like 95% of the time. Plus, it's a nice mental load off knowing that you don't need to balance attachments between two rifles, you don't have to worry about which gun is best for which situation, what your guns are set to when you switch them out, etc.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Never hipfire or soft-aim (over the shoulder). It's a terrible habit, and any kills you get like that are pure luck. I do it when I freak out, it's awful.

Autofire starts to get iffy compared to smashing semi-auto around maybe 30-40 yards -- think the length of the average warehouse and a half. Practice recentering rapid semi-auto fire when you can. Going "aim... shoot! aim... shoot! aim... shoot!" is going to get you killed against someone who can go "shoot! shoot! shoot! shoot!", even if they're only 80% as accurate as you.

Autofire can kick a lot, especially with the AK. A lot of the time I'll just keep a UMP set to auto in my second slot and an AR set to semi-auto in the first. The UMP doesn't hit has hard as any AR, but it kicks significantly less, and is as good as an AR set to auto at close range like 95% of the time. Plus, it's a nice mental load off knowing that you don't need to balance attachments between two rifles, you don't have to worry about which gun is best for which situation, what your guns are set to when you switch them out, etc.

Really, I shouldn't soft aim? I figured I was dying BECAUSE I was hard aiming at closer ranges and unable to track the enemy.

In most cases, I just find that I am getting swatted down so fast, that it doesn't make sense. Is headshot multipliers super strong? Am I just getting domed? I dont know how to improve at all because it often just feels like in long range, I lose control of recoil or cant pinpoint a headshot. And in close range, I get decimated despite trading bullets.

Sometimes I get enemies down to 1 shot (as seen in Killcams when I had them on). Guess its just me getting outplayed or missing the one shot I needed.

Should I just flat out avoid long range firefights if I dont have the right weapon or scope?

Also, I feel sometimes that I dont know how to escape fast enough. If Im scoped or leaning, is there a button to instantly run away? Feels sometimes I take shots trying to turn and run or un-lean

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Really, I shouldn't soft aim? I figured I was dying BECAUSE I was hard aiming at closer ranges and unable to track the enemy.

In most cases, I just find that I am getting swatted down so fast, that it doesn't make sense. Is headshot multipliers super strong? Am I just getting domed? I dont know how to improve at all because it often just feels like in long range, I lose control of recoil or cant pinpoint a headshot. And in close range, I get decimated despite trading bullets.

Sometimes I get enemies down to 1 shot (as seen in Killcams when I had them on). Guess its just me getting outplayed or missing the one shot I needed.

Should I just flat out avoid long range firefights if I dont have the right weapon or scope?

Also, I feel sometimes that I dont know how to escape fast enough. If Im scoped or leaning, is there a button to instantly run away? Feels sometimes I take shots trying to turn and run or un-lean
I mean, soft aim works sometimes. It's fine with shotguns, and SMGs seem to fare better with it than ARs. But it's nowhere near as effective as being able to ADS with a red dot or holo and keep your crosshair on the target. By the time you lose enough gunfights you should've won to soft aim RNG, you've already picked up the habit and you're just going to struggle to unlearn it.

The soft aim crosshair is actually incredibly misleading in my experience, coming out at like a 45-degree spray rather than being clustered within the confines of the slightly tightened sights. In ADS, on the other hand, bullets always go exactly where you're aiming, and it's just a matter of putting the cursor on the enemy and managing the recoil. That's what lets those people down you so fast, they're probably ADSing and just more proficient at tracking. Headshots do a ton of damage, but if they can get ten bullets off in a second with automatic fire, they only need half of them to hit at to kill you. That's very feasible with ADS. With soft aim, it's luck.

And yeah, I would say that a big part of this game is working yourself into a situation where you have the advantage. If you're in a 250m gunfight with a red dot, you're probably at a disadvantage and should run.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Replay system is the coolest shit in the world.

Figure out what happened to that guy who dropped near you and vanished
Why was this one house looted?
What was the last guy doing when you were stalking each other around in the final tiny circle before finally finding them
How close were you to hitting that guy at range or in a vehicle
How many close calls where you nearly ran into someone and just barely missed them (bonus points if you ended up fighting them later at a pivotal moment)
How well could that player see you when you were peeking them

It's not just going to be a cool tool for "oh HUH" moments or making movies, it's a great tool for learning the game.

EDIT: upon going back, it turns out that the answer to questions 1 and 2 in my last match was... question 5. the guy came down and looted parallel to me and we missed each other by seconds because of a red zone. I entered the building he just left and discovered it was looted but barely missed seeing him running away. This is incredible.

late edit: look at how cool you can make a regular ass win look

Last edited:

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Replays are so neat! Even in the small range of the map that it covers there is just so much information you could gather. Just lots to watch from the way other people play and finding out just how close you were to people at various points without realizing it, until one of you finally spotted the other. I love it.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so, the replay mode may be the best thing pubg has ever added.

Had a pretty intense sniper duel with a guy in a gillie suit that I ended up winning. Looked at the replay, and it turned out my opponent was killed by someone else in the middle of the duel, that guy looted his gillie suit and half of the duel was with a totally different guy! Never would have known that without replays!

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I shot at a guy at like 600m with a Mini 14 for a solid two minutes purely so I could use the replay to watch and see just how close I was hitting - pretty close at times, it turns out - those hash marks on the 4x aren't just for show. Dude was dancing and freaking out, you could barely hear my gun from his position. It turns out this was the same guy I SKSed later in the match.

Then I spent 10 minutes rewatching the finale to see the angle the last guy shot me from and scrutinizing it to see if I made it behind cover or not from my perspective.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
When they announced their intention to introduce a fully functional replay system I was extremely cynical that it would ever release, let alone be good to go in time for 1.0. I am legitimately shocked that it works so well, considering this is the same company that took almost an entire year to add Hold to ADS.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Aiming to play this again when 1.0 releases.
Replay system sounds so awesome, love that in games, especially when every gam you play is automatically recorder.

Oct 25, 2017
Hello PUBbers, I just wanted to ask of anyone has some PUBG Channels on YouTube to recommend that don't feature crazy-loud or obnoxious casters/players.

Thanks!

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The replay feature is surprisingly good for a first attempt. I was having trouble with it until I realized you could just open the map and follow icons, or click on the icon to zoom into a player. It's cool to see the path of nearby players and the occasions you ghost past each other.

Got a double grenade chicken dinner last night, which in itself was a lot of fun, but I spent about 30 minutes skipping through the reply to see how the game played out. FUN

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this thread dead or archived or something? I never see it on the first few pages, it's always Xbox ones.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Is this thread dead or archived or something? I never see it on the first few pages, it's always Xbox ones.

It's in Hangouts as Early Access for PC has been out for like a year. The Xbox version being brand new is why it's in Video Games.. but eventually the main Xbox thread will either get combined into the PC thread or get moved into Hangouts itself.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ahh thanks, I didn't realise it was in hangouts, and I didn't really know what hangouts was until now, much appreciated!

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

play a twitch shooter to get better at using KB&M. DOOM and Overwatch helped me a ton, now I rarely lose 1 on 1 firefights.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
play a twitch shooter to get better at using KB&M. DOOM and Overwatch helped me a ton, now I rarely lose 1 on 1 firefights.

I'm really good at DOOM but cant win gunfights a lot in this game so far. Still have plenty of kills but.. when I see game highlights on Youtube I just want to get so much better lol.

When is the new update launching on normal server?

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Looks like a user called Luulubuu has claimed the v1.0 OT. Doesn't look like it has been updated into the OP but I've not bothered to look to see if Luulubuu made a claim in the format requested by TheMoon so ultimately I don't know.

Hopefully someone will do one regardless.

You're missing a crucial piece of the puzzle as the OT OT is as up-to-date as can be...

Dropping the PUBG OT, have fun whoever gets it.

Ted

Oct 25, 2017
-72.290091, 0.795254
TheMoon, missed that post [and am chuckling at your edit now I have found it]. I wonder if maybe you should leave redacted claims in the OT OP but struck through with a note regarding the redaction to make it clearer for inattentive folk like me and those who simply don't have the time to scan the lengthy thread.

Hopefully it'll get done regardless.