• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw one publisher releasing 3 Battle Royale game at the same time on the appstore. (NetEase Games)
I guess they try to reach a larger audience that way.

It's the battle royale of battle royale games though in this case Tencent has secured the big brand as opposed to sometime ago where they were looking to release a similar game to capitalise on the battle royale boom. The gameplay part is important, but time to market and bringing the game to new and multiple platforms are also important.

Much like what Fortnite is doing in the console space, NetEase's Rules of Survival was pretty much the fastest to market and localised to be the top downloaded iOS game in Q4 '17 as per TouchArcade/SensorTower. http://toucharcade.com/2018/02/07/r...p-downloaded-iphone-and-ipad-game-in-q4-2017/ and so to a good extent has first mover advantage on mobile much like Fortnite BR on consoles.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the battle royale of battle royale games though in this case Tencent has secured the big brand as opposed to sometime ago where they were looking to release a similar game to capitalise on the battle royale boom. The gameplay part is important, but time to market and bringing the game to new and multiple platforms are also important.

Much like what Fortnite is doing in the console space, NetEase's Rules of Survival was pretty much the fastest to market and localised to be the top downloaded iOS game in Q4 '17 as per TouchArcade/SensorTower. http://toucharcade.com/2018/02/07/r...p-downloaded-iphone-and-ipad-game-in-q4-2017/ and so to a good extent has first mover advantage on mobile much like Fortnite BR on consoles.

100 Battle Royale games drop on mobile. They'll have to duke it out in a Battle Royale to see who's the Battle Royalest.

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded it from app store after switching to China region... And I can make a character, but after I queue up I get an error message

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
It plays fantastic, specially in ads, running around and aiming really feels better as on console, how f'n weird.
And the controls are very well made for a touch screen, respect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
o_o I don't see the Apple logo. Is it the link that asks me to use QQ first?

Looks like this.

upload_2018-2-9_15-48-23.png

Wow that actually looks like a pretty great port! How many players is it? Are controllers supported?

It's the exact same as PC PUBG. So 100 players. I'm not sure about controllers myself tbh.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, great work on the mobile version.
That iPhone X gameplay looks nearly identical to the PC version, kind of insane to think. I wonder how it would play with some accessories.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Damn, I wish I would have recorded my very first mobile round. That was fun. Car driving, motorcycle driving, 6 kills 5th place, it really feels great.
Even the item management, when you loot something it automatically takes the stuff that you need and when someone shoots, you see on the minimap where that came from.

WEEc9z6.png

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to download the app, thanks ZhugeEX!!

So how do you play the game? I installed the app but all I see is the normal PUBG menu but with a green button on the bottom with a chat icon on it and a blue button with some sort of Dark Vader helmet on it lol.

Does anyone know how to start the game?

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yes you need the WeChat app for login.

My god, this is the first game where I wish the big versions would be F2P. How much shit you have to do here, login bonuses, missions to unlock stuff, challenges to complete to get new stuff, new parachutes, a whole level system with bonuses, star medals that you can earn and specifically trade in for rewards, it's amazing, why are the versions for that we payed for so empty? I love stuff to unlock. :D

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty skeptical about mobile BR games, but I tried Knives Out and it was surprisingly playable. Definitely not my first choice of platform, but I'll be checking this out.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Is a Switch version out of the question? I mean, I know it's Unreal 4, which is very Switch friendly. I'm not port begging, as I don't even like PUBG. I'm a Fortnite man, lol.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
No footage of Army Attack yet?

I wanna see if that destroyer and attack helicopters from the trailer are actually real cause I have a bet with a friend who says it's "just CG trailer and won't be in the game" while I heavily disagreed.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played a few games of Survivor Royale. it was surprisingly fun and an adequate substitute when I was fiending for more PUBG.

Is it possible to play the offical mobile PUBG yet?

ETA- anyone got a step by step to install? I'd like to try this on my lunchbreak.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you had to install the WeChat app to get into the game but once I did I was able to play two games and WOW this is awesome!

First game I had 2 kills and the second game I came in second place with 3 kills!

How they made this version is so awesome, it picks up the shit you need and equips it automatically, you can see where you are getting shot from and it retains more or less all the same functionality as the PC version, except with worse controls ofcourse.

But hot damn this is fun! I told a few friends of mine how to download it as well :D

I used this Spanish guy's tutorial.. if you turn on subtitles and translation it's not that hard to follow if you don't speak spanish like I do :p.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
wow, this is impressive. I wonder if tencent will do the same with fortnite.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I must be blind because I don't see it.

Can't wait to try it though

Or is it iPhone X exclusive

Go to their website that ZhugeEX linked earlier in the thread, then hit the orange button in the top of the site.
Then hit the green button to download the apk ( or Apple equivalent ).

Then install WeChat app from the store and make an account.
Install the PUBG apk and when you are in the game hit the green button.

BOOM you are killing people

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Go to their website that ZhugeEX linked earlier in the thread, then hit the orange button in the top of the site.

My payment information isn't compatible with China.

Oh well

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm trying to create a character but when I click what I assume is the confirm button some message pops up. What do I do from there?

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does this run better than the s /base Xbox? I'm serious too. Lol I'm playing this on my s8+ wondering what the hell is going on. I understand that this is scaled down version but holy shit this plays freaking great for a mobile game.
I'd take the option for the Xbox s version to look like the mobile version if it runs as well.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to try this when I get home. I think Hearthstone is taking up the biggest chunk of space. Wasn't a hassle to set up?

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
When I read "mobile version," I pictured something like bruh.io or a 2D turn-based strategy game. But it's the actual PUBG? Sort of? And it doesn't run at 0.5 FPS? That's pretty impressive, honestly. Neat.

Oct 27, 2017
When I read "mobile version," I pictured something like bruh.io or a 2D turn-based strategy game. But it's the actual PUBG? Sort of? And it doesn't run at 0.5 FPS? That's pretty impressive, honestly. Neat.
It's pretty much the same thing as the real game actually. Just adapted for mobile but works great. Imo. This is hilarious. I wonder if ms has rights in other areas because this thing on mobile is going to be huge.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really follow PUBG very much but the fact that Tencent Games produced two mobile games for the Chinese market really perplexes me—is there a reasoning for that, out of curiosity?
Most people own mobile phones, not pcs, in China. Mobile gaming is huge precisely because of markets like China, India and other developing countries where mobile phones are ubiquitous.