• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm well whats your id so I can add you Jtwo? I did it succesfully through WeChat so that might be easier but I dunno maybe I can add you ingame somehow.
Same as on pc, velocialume

Yeah not sure what I did. I am on iOS.. maybe it's using Game Center or something?

I played a little bit this morning while in the car and it's crazy! I dropped shooting range and it was the same as the of version? Does this support mfi controllers?

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same as on pc, velocialume

Yeah not sure what I did. I am on iOS.. maybe it's using Game Center or something?

I played a little bit this morning while in the car and it's crazy! I dropped shooting range and it was the same as the of version? Does this support mfi controllers?

Well you should make a WeChat account and somehow link it ingame so I can add you as a friend. I tried what seemed like a search for id option with velocialume and it found nothing :(.

But yeah this version is awesome. There is built in voice chat and it just works well. I tried RoS today and that clone is pretty bad.

Just came in second with a friend of mine :p.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this game is impressive for a mobile game. It runs better then the Xbox version for me. Hopefully there is a way to get controllers working natively so I can play it on my shield tv.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alright, managed to figure everything out my own and hop into a game without WeChat.

This thing is nuts. The performance is silky smooth on an iPhone 7 Plus, the gameplay is like-for-like with the other versions of the game and the visuals aren't half bad at all. It gives me full confidence that PUBG could receive faithful ports on other platforms, too. It also goes to show just how poor the Xbox One port is right now when there's a mobile version this impressive.

I switched my App Store account back since I need to keep my annual subscriptions so hopefully it'll still let me on but I had a blast after my first match.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Once it's all downloaded, we can change our App Store/Account back to America with no issues right? Will the game stop functioning then?

Also, what are we supposed to do with WeChat?

Once you have it downloaded you can change your region back. WeChat will be enabled as a login option once you set it up. It's the easy way to login at this point.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
8fb3dacc-f995-4187-9bc1s13.png

Yeah, I'm getting more kills because everyone's kinda stumbling around. But it's an impressive phone game

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
There are SO MANY other mobile battlegrounds games out there already. It'll be interesting how this will fare against them.

It's already better than the Xbox One and PC version, in my personal opinion and that's no joke, I'm dead serious. Yes they are downgraded but my god does this game reminds me what I have long forgotten, that F2P games on mobile phones are so much better than console f2p games or even the paid PUBG counterpart. You have so, so, so, SO much shit to do in the mobile version, it's ridiculous in comparison to the content-dead PAID pc version. Daily login bonuses with cosmetic items, missions to unlock stuff and ingame money, separate challenges to complete to get new stuff, new parachutes, a whole if not 2 separate level systems with bonuses, star medals that you can earn and specifically trade in for rewards and even more, if I look at Fortnite which let me pay to unlock the same F2P mobile phone grinding mechanics that are absolute standard in F2P games (isn't that crazy and ridiculous?) and besides this, doesn't have anything to offer content wise, or the paid PUBG version which only gives you ingame money to unlock 3-4 loot boxes until they become ridiculously expensive and that's it, completely, then I realize how much better the mobile phone version really is and how I have almost no interest anymore to come back to the Xbox One version. It is so fun to actually unlock stuff, work for unlocks, get rewards for how you play, it is f'n fantastic.

I am stunned, literally stunned and on top, it's a fantastic port (with downgrades, but still) I love it.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go to their website that ZhugeEX linked earlier in the thread, then hit the orange button in the top of the site.
Then hit the green button to download the apk ( or Apple equivalent ).

Then install WeChat app from the store and make an account.
Install the PUBG apk and when you are in the game hit the green button.

BOOM you are killing people

I need easy instructions on how to get this...

^_^

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
It's already better than the Xbox One and PC version, in my personal opinion and that's no joke, I'm dead serious. Yes they are downgraded but my god does this game reminds me what I have long forgotten, that F2P games on mobile phones are so much better than console f2p games or even the paid PUBG counterpart. You have so, so, so, SO much shit to do in the mobile version, it's ridiculous in comparison to the content-dead PAID pc version. Daily login bonuses with cosmetic items, missions to unlock stuff and ingame money, separate challenges to complete to get new stuff, new parachutes, a whole if not 2 separate level systems with bonuses, star medals that you can earn and specifically trade in for rewards and even more, if I look at Fortnite which let me pay to unlock the same F2P mobile phone grinding mechanics that are absolute standard in F2P games (isn't that crazy and ridiculous?) and besides this, doesn't have anything to offer content wise, or the paid PUBG version which only gives you ingame money to unlock 3-4 loot boxes until they become ridiculously expensive and that's it, completely, then I realize how much better the mobile phone version really is and how I have almost no interest anymore to come back to the Xbox One version. It is so fun to actually unlock stuff, work for unlocks, get rewards for how you play, it is f'n fantastic.

I am stunned, literally stunned and on top, it's a fantastic port (with downgrades, but still) I love it.
I'm convinced a Switch version could work. Maybe have a mix of console and mobile assets and have a progression system rather than just expensive crates and it could be something good.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks but it's still confusing. I went to the link Zhuge linked didn't see an orange button only a green button and from their it takes me to what looks like an ad. I see the iOS link on the main page, but when I click that it just opens the iTunes.apple.com Chinese store and says something about Apple Music. I'm assuming it says what it said when I tried to change my region in the settings about needing to cancel my Apple Music...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
A friend of mine can't install it on his Huawai P8 lite, every time it says "install failed", while it works on even older devices, anyone with a tip?

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
8fb3dacc-f995-4187-9bc1s13.png

Yeah, I'm getting more kills because everyone's kinda stumbling around. But it's an impressive phone game
Haha just got 8 kills and in the top 10 while in the car on the way home. It's crazy how fun it is. More fun than it deserves to be. Once I figured out how to shoot and aim at the same time. People are going down super easily.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
It would be nice if perhaps they released this version for Xbox One. I could handle the downgrades in exchange for that sweet 60 FPS.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty crazy tbh. Mobiles games are really getting better. No longer are they all cheap social apps made to rob users of their money

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually pretty amazing.
It's hard to believe. I've always hated 3D controls on touch devices, but this is working for me. I'm obsessed with the PC version so that's part of it. It's really insane playing 100 person multiplayer on a phone over LTE. It really feels like the future.

The best ping I've seen is ~200 and WiFi or cellular seems to make no difference.

On an iPhoneX this has really changed my perception of mobile gaming. It's basically the same as the pc version.

Does anyone know if it supports BT controllers?

Ubersnug

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Alright, managed to figure everything out my own and hop into a game without WeChat.

This thing is nuts. The performance is silky smooth on an iPhone 7 Plus, the gameplay is like-for-like with the other versions of the game and the visuals aren't half bad at all. It gives me full confidence that PUBG could receive faithful ports on other platforms, too. It also goes to show just how poor the Xbox One port is right now when there's a mobile version this impressive.

I switched my App Store account back since I need to keep my annual subscriptions so hopefully it'll still let me on but I had a blast after my first match.
Can those who are getting Into a game without WeChat, elaborate how they are doing it please?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Can those who are getting Into a game without WeChat, elaborate how they are doing it please?
I clicked the orange icon on the main menu (it has a small controller icon on it) and it took me directly to character creation, no need for an account.

Your mileage may vary though considering I have no idea what anything I'm clicking actually means most of the time, lol.

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
I clicked the orange icon on the main menu (it has a small controller icon on it) and it took me directly to character creation, no need for an account.

Your mileage may vary though considering I have no idea what anything I'm clicking actually means most of the time, lol.
Another thought I've had is that on the iOS region screen in addition to faking an address I faked a phone number too.. maybe that had something to do with it?

Gonna try to enable wechat tomorrow so I can squad up.

Ubersnug

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

I don't Have an orange button. Just a green WeChat button or a Blue QQ button - both of which require accounts to be setup.

WeChat now wants me to verify my new account by getting another WeChat account holder (older than 6 months) to verify my account. Bloody hell, this just ain't worth the hassle.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Auto-run is a pretty cool feature, aim right and strafing is pretty easy. You can even explore your backpack while auto-running.

Especially useful when PUBG often turns into a running simulator

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
I love the auto pickup feature as well especially when it knows what kind of ammo you need for your gun, better backpack than what you have, better vest than what you have, better helmet than what you have. Everything about the version of this game is so intuitive and user friendly. It's perfect for mobile

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can definitely tell mobile pubg annoys the shit outta my GF. lol. The seam of playing in bed is real, but then you end screaming "got you motherfucker!!"

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I love the auto pickup feature as well especially when it knows what kind of ammo you need for your gun, better backpack than what you have, better vest than what you have, better helmet than what you have. Everything about the version of this game is so intuitive and user friendly. It's perfect for mobile
Most importantly it switches the upgrade parts to the new gun when you replace it. That might be a little too easy though. :P

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
It would be nice if perhaps they released this version for Xbox One. I could handle the downgrades in exchange for that sweet 60 FPS.

It's not really the downgrades that do it. Unreal engine does not scale well across cores, so high IPC is critical to hitting high fps. In smaller scale games this is doable, but with 100 players and a large map, it's too much even for the 2.3ghz Jaguar in the X, let alone the 1.75ghz OG and the slightly faster S.

The Jaguar cores are about as bad per clock as original Pentium 4, circa 2001. Conroe cores are dramatically faster per clock, and that's 2006 era. What Jaguar was for was to squeeze x86 multicore into netbook and settop box stuff that was the rage in the late 2000s, so it was intentionally cut down. Jags DiD have advantages over Intel's even worse Atom.

Interest, R&D, and evolution in this area from AMD was pretty muted moving forward as netbooks flamed out spectacularly, leaving little demand for Jag, so the console deal was the only real place for it moving forward. It was the best x86 option for the TDP budget from a vendor who could also make a competent GPU. Basically by default the only possible choice, as nvidia couldn't do x86 cpu, and intel was too expensive.

The GPU side of Ps/Xbox 8th gen across the board is better than modern phones, though the gap is narrowing considerably. However, the CPU performance of phones in ARM designs has moved at lightspeed every year thanks to massive sales, competition, and investment between major Android makers and suppliers against Apple. The result is that mobile CPU performance has gotten almost ludicrous, while Jag is a stationary target that started out bad, and has aged like a dead cow in a hot field.

Iow, you could make a version of PUBG that looked like a PS2 game, and it would be a struggle to hit 60fps with the same game scale, simply due to the horrific limitations of the CPU on PS or Xbox.

Big Caveat : brilliant application of GpGpu coding could theoretically do the trick however, but as yet that kind of coding is incredibly difficult and brings new questions of resource balance into play.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/16/12939310/iphone-7-a10-fusion-processor-apple-intel-future

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I must say I'm really impress with this game on both my iPad 2017 and iPhone 8. I don't think I've ever been more impressed by a mobile game or had this much fun. They really need to release this outside of China. As someone who's played over 200 pubg games on Xbox I'm having fun with this version and it isn't going to help my PUBG addiction...