• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One X PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Bundle

With over 8 million players on Xbox One, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has been one of the most popular games on the platform since its release as a console launch exclusive in the Xbox Game Preview program. Today, you can join the Battle Royale phenomenon with the Xbox One X PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Bundle, which comes with the following:

• Xbox One X with a 1TB hard drive
  • Xbox Wireless Controller
  • Full-game download of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds enhanced for Xbox One X
  • 1-month Xbox Game Pass trial
  • 1-month Xbox Live Gold trial

XboxOneX_1TBConsole_PUBG_GP_US_CAN_FANL_RGB_2000.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/03/xbox-one-summer-bundles/

Was 5m in March.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/15/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-hits-5-million-player-mark/

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn. I've fallen off between a lot of single-player games and group sessions in Sea of Thieves. I know the new map is in, but that sort of tension isn't what I've been pining for.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
My co workers only are on Xbox and they adore this game. People love it, but I can't get into it due horrible input lag.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still a million new players per month, impressive. Xbox definitely made a great deal with this game, despite what a lot of people are saying. Just think about this: let's say the game sold 4-5 million copies at 30 bucks, that's 24-30 million dollars in Microsoft's pocket, not even counting the people who may have picked up an Xbox to play this and such. Huge get regardless of Fortnite's numbers. As I said in the other thread I'm waiting for the game to run significantly better, but the game is still one of the most fun multiplayer experiences I ever had when it works, so hopefully it'll run great eventually because the shooting, the tension, the tactics are, imho, superior to those of other BR games out there.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was a huge supporter of this when it first came out.

Sadly it's a piece of shit that should be not be in the state it's in after this much time. It's ridiculous.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ive played little else since it launched. Amazing game and great get for Xbox.

Shame it still runs as though its held together with gum elastic bands and straws

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of people they ended up duping due to hype and false advertising.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wowzers. Microsoft must be pretty happy about this deal.

Worth pointing out that since the last players count (5m) they have run a free play weekend which presumably would've picked up a good amount of 'players' who didn't buy the game. However, the game has consistently been in the top selling games weekly charts since release so it's fair to say it's selling very very well on Xbox.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Microsoft is pulling numbers on their games this year. Their output hasn't been much better than 2017, but their games seem to get way more traction.
Sea of Thieves - 4 million
State of Decay - 3 million
PUBG - 8 million

Still not Nintendo or Sony numbers, but quite decent nonetheless.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing like 2 months ago. Whenever they fix the lagging out I will jump back in. I guess I expected them to fix it by now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is pulling numbers on their games this year. Their output hasn't been much better than 2017, but their games seem to get way more traction.
PUBG - 8 million

Obviously not Nintendo or Sony levels in terms of sales and Metacritic, but I think these numbers are pretty damn good considering the console's installbase. The console exclusives attract a lot of players and have a pretty solid player retention with online components worth checking out even after months. This is good, it's one of the reasons I bought into the Xbox ecosystem back in the day: the multiplayer. I definitely want more single player experiences (Alan Wake and Sunset Overdrive are some of my favourite Xbox games, for example), but this is a direction I don't mind at all. And Game Pass is key in this, although not related to PUBG. Though I can definitely see Microsoft throw PUBG into Game Pass before the next big BR (eg. Call Of Duty) drops.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

PUBG - 8 million

They didn't have day one games on ms pass in 2017, of course 2018 games would have more traction.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
PUBG - 8 million

Imagine what Forza Horizon 4 is going to do number wise!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Congratulations, Bluehole, that's a huge number of players.

PUBG - 8 million

They're not Nintendo or Sony numbers because they're player count, not sales. I really wish we could get actual sales numbers for some of these titles. PUBG should be especially easy because it's not on Game Pass. Just so you know, I'm not trying to imply that PUBG sales aren't very high on XB1 because they clearly are.

You are indeed the first person to mention that other game.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW the crashing is much improved since the last patch. I'ts still PUBG Xbox, but at lease the random crashes are severely reduced now.
I'll try to get back on.

I swear they have been releasing patches saying it was fixed but I still experiencing one like every 3-4 games in clutch moments too.

Thats one mentally exhausting game and can be tedious to waste all the time playing because it crashed.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PUBG - 8 million

Not sure what you mean by not Nintendo or Sony numbers. The only game released from either Sony or Nintendo in 2018 with a higher player count than some of these would be GoW.

Now granted some of these players on these games are Game Pass subscribers but that's still recurring revenue for MS anyways.

Unless the comparison is more about the highest selling exclusives for each platform, but the games released from MS in 2018 so far aren't their major 1st party sellers traditionally anyways.

If we are talking strictly user engagement MS is probably ahead of Nintendo in 2018 titles so far but behind Sony due to the massive success of GoW primarily

Last edited:

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Game is great. I play on Xbox with my wife and it runs like garbage on her original Xbox One but its manageable on my X. Performance is still an issue but I still have a very good time. Desert map isn't great but I still have fun on it.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm back in when they release the small map on Xbox. But I guess I should try the war mode?

PUBG - 8 million

2017 was one of the worst years ever put forth by a major first party publisher that wasn't intent on leaving the console game. 2018 has been MUCH better, even if the games haven't been reviewing well.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Good for them, the game has gotten better over time (I'm on a OG X1 and the game runs fairly solidly around 25-30fps for me) but it still has a long way to go in terms of optimisation, things like buildings not loading at the start of games should have been dealt with ages ago.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Cool? Those numbers for SoT and SoD are sales. They don't include Games Pass.

Nope. All three figures are unique players as far as I know. Not sales.

Not sure what you mean by not Nintendo or Sony numbers. The only game released from either Sony or Nintendo in 2018 with a higher player count than some of these would be GoW.

Now granted some of these players on these games are Game Pass subscribers but that's still recurring revenue for MS anyways.

Unless the comparison is more about the highest selling exclusives for each platform, but the games released from MS in 2018 so far aren't their major 1st party sellers traditionally anyways.

If we are talking strictly user engagement MS is probably ahead of Nintendo in 2018 titles so far but behind Sony due to the massive success of GoW primarily

Interesting. Sony still has Spiderman coming and Nintendo has SSBU coming in december, but Forza Horizon, the star of MS' generation so far, is also coming.

MS is keeping people playing their games, while some of them don't review all that well.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Are you sure? i thought those Sea of Thieves and State of Decay nunbers included game pass.
It was confirmed that those aren't game pass numbers. Its hard to know but its possible for the time being that game pass is helping sales.

Edit: I wasn't paying attention. The numbers in this thread are unique players not necessarily sales. I was thinking about the numbers the NPD had that were surprisingly high for game pass and the significant sales Spencer mentioned in the GB interview..

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Is PUBG not coming to PS for sure? Did MS make some kind of exclusivity deal? I'm seriously asking.
The only reason pubg is exclusive is because of the early access program and that ms reached out to them to bring the game to Xbox and helped with the port / maybe financials too.

There is absolutely nothing that stopped Sony from doing the same thing, and they can do the same thing today to get the game on PS4.

Blue hole is busy with the pc version and if not for ms involvement, it wouldn't even be on Xbox yet either.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The SoD and SoT numbers include Game Pass subscribers yes.

Though that distinction doesn't mean a whole lot anyways as that's still revenue going to MS.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is PUBG not coming to PS for sure? Did MS make some kind of exclusivity deal? I'm seriously asking.
It could be but does it even matter at this point? No one is going to pay $20 for a battle royale game when Fortnite (one of the biggest games out right now) is F2P, as is H1Z1. I like PUBG but if I never played a BR game and there are two options that don't cost money, I'm playing those first.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I got into it recently (only now got an Xbox X) and there's really nothing quite like it.

The slow pace of the matches (especially the desert map) is sometimes a bit too slow but when you see an enemy it's almost like an horror game.

While I'm not in love with it I know understand what the fuzz was all about.

I only wish it had some sort of progression system with cosmetics and stuff.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It was confirmed that those aren't game pass numbers. Its hard to know but its possible for the time being that game pass is helping sales.

Show me where that's stated. We don't have any sales numbers besides NPD and the UK sales chart for Sea of Thieves. We know it's the best selling W10 store game and the best selling new MS Studios game, but that's all.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They made such a big mistake with this game, should have followed the Fortnite formula. Make the game free, add a ton of useless cosmetics and charge absurd amounts for each.

Nov 10, 2017
Its def a blast to play with a group of friends I have alot that only have Xbox. Its just really a shame it runs so poorly especially for me on my OG XBONE.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Good. Its a great game. My most played game in sometime (base xbox one only)

Looking forward to when its finished.