• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
rE1pI8N.png

Info:
Developer: PUBG Corporation, Bluehole​
Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4​
Price: $29.99​
Release Date: December 20th 2017​

Features:
100 player survival battle royale mode​
4 multiplayer maps; two 8x8km, one 6x6km, and one 4x4km large​
Up to four player teams​
First and third person modes​
Authentic gunplay and gameplay​
Custom games (currently only hosted by selected prominent PUBG players or communities)​
Replay mode to view previously played matches​
Leaderboards​

bR8NHdk.png

I4tfsxK.png

Quote to see invite

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Buen título.

Excited about this. Can't go back to the old version since trying out parkour in the test server.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have they fixed the controller support.I know I know screw controllers but I ain't got the dexterity like you young ones!

Edit: the previous version was very laggy/impossible to get shots on anyone unless they were blind to me.

Ryoku

Oct 28, 2017
I'm curious. Is the game actually complete, or is it just in name so they can officially "release" it?

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i bought this yesterday and played a few games. seems pretty fun, but i got one question:

is it possible to do well in this game without being a chickenshit coward? it seems to me that a top 10 finish is pretty easy if you just lay low and get a bit lucky with the zones. it also seems that like half of the people jump out of the plane as soon as possible, which seems like a suicide.

EiRo

Nov 30, 2017
Almost 200 hours on the early acess, can't wait. But I am sure tomorrow we will have rubber banding...

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow they are actually leaving early access the same year they released the game. nice. I hope they will do sth against the cheaters.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to the zombie mode that was supposed to be added?
Did I dream that?

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought this yesterday and played a few games. seems pretty fun, but I got one question:

is it possible to do well in this game without being a chickenshit coward? it seems to me that a top 10 finish is pretty easy if you just lay low and get a bit lucky with the zones. it also seems that like half of the people jump out of the plane as soon as possible, which seems like a suicide.

different strategies. Another one is to just stay on the plane fly to the end of the map and it will kick you out. Anyone who was AFK will fall out and land standing still. You can kill them and get 2-3 kills pretty easily. However be careful a lot of people fake no movement while falling than kill you quickly.

Also yes this game is a camp fest for the most part. Slow methodical movements.

Deleted member 3853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i bought this yesterday and played a few games. seems pretty fun, but i got one question:

I've won or placed high plenty of games that I dropped school, pochinki, or military. You have to understand though that the more fights you take the more likely you are to die but it's not impossible to win all those fights in a round.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
The replay feature is a game changer, BTW.

You can use it to learn so much about how a match went down, what you didn't see, where you could have gone, etc. It's also pretty robust, so you can easily make movies with it.

Mike Double U

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
It's been a long time coming. Jumping into this OT on the first page! Ready to join the Discord as soon as I get home! Congrats to PLAYERUNKOWN and the rest of the PUBG team for all of the hard work done this year so far. They should do an Alpha server this March to remind everyone how far they have come.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Away on holiday, but stoked to give this a go when I get back at the end of the month.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va

you can play any way you want and win

but obviously your chances of making it out alive against 99 other people benefit from ensuring you dont get shot in the back like a moron

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OP, subscribed.

Surprised they aren't raising the price like we've seen with some EA games. That's pretty awesome.

Malovis

Oct 27, 2017
"Authentic gunplay and gameplay"

Hahahahahahahaha.

Im sure everyone knows what im talking about.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, here's the full rundown of stuff off the top of my head that's different between live and the stuff they've cumulatively added on test server:

-New HUD
-New main menu and lobby music
-Miramar, the desert map
-Map screen updated
-New red zone sounds
-Lowered plane sound
-Vaulting (crouch jumping is disabled, windows now have to be broken to pass through)
-Bullets can now penetrate water to a small extent, lower velocity rounds go further
-Kill cams
-3D/2D replays (work within 1km of your player, can pause/slow down/speed up, move around, spectate, see bullet trajectories on the map, etc). The last 20 are stored, you can choose some to preserve.
-The rendering has changed somewhat regarding AA and shadows. Large performance boosts for some people, others have seen a drop since those highs due to them forcing HBAO on.
-Erangel is slightly changed; the rivers are deeper, there's a forest around Mansion now, many of the barred windows on buildings have had bars removed to allow vaulting through
-Damage system revamped
-Ballistics revamped; the general consensus is that most rounds will travel faster within 300m but require far more leading and angling beyond that due to drag
-Driving model revamped; vehicles are now much weightier. They do less backflips over small bumps, but will fishtail more if you oversteer, and can roll a lot if you oversteer on a hill.
-Jetskis added to both maps
-UAZ now only has 4 seats
-Every land vehicle now has a horn, buggy has more paint colors
-Miramar has exclusive vehicles: two models of pickup truck, and a hippy van
-Passengers can use boosters and bandages while moving, as long as it it's a low speed
-Bandages heal much faster
-Smoke grenades now render in a short wide cloud that renders consistently for everyone
-Iron sights can be zeroed
-Red dot, holo, 2x, and 4x can't be zeroed anymore
-Red dot, holo, and 2x can adjust their reticle brightness and thickness with the mouse wheel
-Two new custom 4x sights if mounted on a sniper rifle or a 7.62 weapon
-8x and 15x scopes can be zoomed out with mouse wheel, have new reticles
-New weapons on Miramar-only: a .45 revolver (supports a red dot but nothing else), a .45 Winchester lever-action rifle (only supports bullet loops, which it shares with the Kar98), and a sawn-off shotgun that goes into the pistol slot
-New Erangel-only weapon: the DP-28, a 7.62 light machine gun that supports sights. It holds 47 rounds, has a bipod when prone for more stability like the M249 and Mk14. It spawns in the world.
-Crate only weapon: Steyr AUG assault rifle. 5.56, supports all standard AR attachments. Has lower recoil.
-New desert color ghillie suit, both colors can appear on both maps.
-Parachuting changed; the max fall speed is lowered to 200km/h, and you cannot fall straight down anymore, meaning you need to pull your chute earlier or overshoot your drop spot (edit: there are claims that this is a bug that will be fixed) This has been fixed, it was a bug
-You can assign different buttons for the soft aim and ADS; using this and setting aim to hold instead of toggle means you can do proper hold to ADS without using an ini modification

If anyone remembers anything else, feel free to add on or correct me if I flubbed anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Overdoziz

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Anyway, here's the full rundown of stuff off the top of my head that's different between live and the stuff they've cumulatively added on test server:

snip

-Parachuting changed; the max fall speed is lowered to 200km/h, and you cannot fall straight down anymore, meaning you need to pull your chute earlier or overshoot your drop spot

If anyone remembers anything else, feel free to add on or correct me if I flubbed anything.

Parachuting is back to normal.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
Bought last night, got 3 attempts under my belt so far. I did not make it far but I'm still figuring out the controls and getting some easy loot early. Had a blast though.