• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the pro community is freaking out because of how high level competitive gameplay is far more about long term planning and the safest possible rotations, and adding extra compounds to places makes that kinda fucky.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
I can see how they would dislike it.
I was trying to find streams of test server gameplay, but to no avail.

Oct 26, 2017
If that map is real I mean... it sure does look like they just vomited a bunch of compounds onto the map at random. I think a buff to the loot table and improved circle settings would have been the real key to improving Erangel. Why make Erangel more like Vikendi? Since the event pass ended, Vikendi has been 100% dead at least for Solo FPP NA. Seems like people aren't clamoring for more Vikendi style gameplay. And god help Xbox if/when this version of the map gets pushed out. Last thing that version needs is another map that can't load building in time.

Their priorities don't really make sense. People still like and play Erangel. The map in need of an overhaul is clearly Miramar.

And after playing with flares for a little bit... I gotta say the way they are implemented they just aren't that useful or fun. Maybe it's better for squads play or something. But the rules for what you call in, where, and when, are just convoluted.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an issue with the servers right now? Been popping into the game over the past 8 hours and all the FPP queue times are 2+ mins long.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an issue with the servers right now? Been popping into the game over the past 8 hours and all the FPP queue times are 2+ mins long.
I'm showing 10 seconds for Sanhok, and FUCK YOU for everything else. So it seems around 'normal dead' as far as I can tell for this neglected and dying game.

edit: just saw chocoTaco ask his viewers to queue Erangel so that he can play not-Sanhok. On the bright side it should work.

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm showing 10 seconds for Sanhok, and FUCK YOU for everything else. So it seems around 'normal dead' as far as I can tell for this neglected and dying game.

edit: just saw chocoTaco ask his viewers to queue Erangel so that he can play not-Sanhok. On the bright side it should work.
Yeah, things seem normal now, it was weird but when I was trying periodically between 3-10AM EST the queues were wack, and yeah it's degenerate hours but PUBG is usually fine around the clock.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017

Isn't everyone just stream sniping Chocotaco at this point? 😅

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Patch got delayed, will update tomorrow: https://twitter.com/PUBG_Support/status/1110474587832119297

In other news, here's a funny story: an Australian streamer and ex-pro got temp banned twice in two days (the first one at least got overturned within the hour because he knows two PUBG community guys, don't know about the second one)... because he was getting too many kills in solo squad games.

Oct 26, 2017
New patch seems decent. New battle pass doesn't seem filled to the brim with bullshit like the last one. So maybe they've learned?

I gotta say though, seeing the UMP spawn with .45 ammo and the Vector with 9mm is really fucking with my head.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
So

-The MP5K is cool, but on Vikendi you'll never use it as a sidearm over a sniper
-The UMP as a 45 gun is tripping me up
-I'm not sure the M16 is drastically better or anything, but who knows
-The loot on Erangel is definitely improved
-The rustling sound is not as bad as I feared
-Flares are way less present now, you'll maybe hear one or two fired a match
-It's fun seeing all four maps in quick join. Even Vikendi and Miramar, which are showing up as 1m30s waits on NA FPP Solos, are actually popping instantly for me

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The challenge missions are pretty hard to unlock the weapon skins. Get 5 kills in a single match (with that weapon) and win a chicken dinner with at least 1 kill with that weapon.
I will definitely try. Good thing is I already loved the Beryl so I should be able to get that skin. S686 on the other hand....

I hate how the extended mags are bugged and don't work for pistols and SMG's

Changing UMP and Vector? Why?
The Vector feels so weak now. Especially since you can't extend the magazine.

MP5K should spawn on Erangel as well

You can sell the crate keys that you get from the pass. Sold my first key for 1,23€ yesterday.

Also I'm finally able to play Miramar again (EU Solo FPP). It's my favourite map and I played it all day long yesterday. When Vikendi came out it was impossible to play on Miramar until the update they released like 2 weeks ago. Thanks for that.

I'm enjoying the pass and PUBG a lot right now.

You get yellow coupons for getting a higher skill rank. You have to claim them in the season stats page. I got 16 coupons yesterday (started at 2600 or something like that)

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone still play this? I just started up again after a 5-6 month break - or has everyone moved to Apex.

Oct 26, 2017
I still play, but playing on the east coast only servers from the west coast against people from China along with bad netcode makes it tough sometimes. I still think it's the best BR game, but I wish it never had a third person mode.

Had a bunch of utter shit games last night... then I had game where I secured the loot cave, got a Groza and an Mk14... was fully loaded on meds and boosters, secured great circle position and... my internet crapped out. Just one of those nights.

I'll probably keep playing though, Firestorm is going nowhere, Apex isn't that good on console and I don't have a squad for the PC version. A lot of talk over the past couple of years about AAA BRs coming to eat PUBG's lunch, but IMO nobody actually went and made a true competitor. Just a bunch of fast paced BRs that miss the soul of what pulled me to PUBG in the first place.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Update #28 is now on the test servers. Coming to live servers next Wednesday

PUBG's latest update introduces our brand new feature Weapon Mastery! Weapon Mastery is a progression system that allows players to earn free rewards as they level up their gunplay skills. As part of Weapon Mastery we are also debuting Medals for players who perform awesome feats during their matches.

In addition to our latest feature, we've taken your feedback from our first round of Erangel loot rebalances and made adjustments. Speaking of adjustments, based on player feedback we have reduced the difficulty on a number of missions for Survivor Pass 3: Wild Card, including the elimination of a few missions deemed too difficult to complete.

There are a number of updates to how you can interact with items in the store, interface improvements for squads and over two dozen bug fixes.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1634153551786141724

I was hoping the amphibious vehicle would make it into this update but at least the weapon mastery system seems very cool

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the updates are picking up again.

That loot balance on paper sounds out there, but apparently in practice it feels more Miramar than Sanhok. And is that circle change going to bring us closer back to those beautiful comp-like circles that lasted a day before getting reverted?

Oct 26, 2017
spineduke abracadaver I never ran into a Vector issue where I couldn't attach the extended mag, maybe it got fixed before I got around to trying an SMG. Personally I'd say that the Vector is really really good right now. It lost a little DPS, but the capacity upgrade more than offsets it. So sometimes it takes 1 more bullet to kill. But you max out at what, 33 rounds instead of 25 from before? I think it's becoming my preferred spray weapon on Sanhok. The UMP45 on the other hand just feels week and pathetic.

Crushed I don't think Erangel needs to ever feel like Sanhok. Miramar is still my favorite map. A loot path with an emphasis on god buildings and warehouses will kit you out pretty consistently.

Interesting that the AWM nerf involved tweaking SR multiplier and base damage... off the top of my head I don't know what that does to the Kar and M24, as the whole point was to make them competitive with DMRs in the first place. It didn't seem like they needed a nerf to correct their previous buff.

There's an amphibious vehicle coming? OP! Then again I remember when they were talking about a riot shield coming soon and that uhhh clearly never happened.

Circle changes are still needed but they didn't really say what they were. Sanhok is good. Vikendi is ok, the circles are functional but maybe still a little too slow. Erangel and Miramar I just try to keep a vehicle and/or play center circle. It's very frustrating otherwise, constantly pecked at by people who are just going to die to the blue because they've mismanaged their time and position.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
spineduke abracadaver I never ran into a Vector issue where I couldn't attach the extended mag, maybe it got fixed before I got around to trying an SMG. Personally I'd say that the Vector is really really good right now. It lost a little DPS, but the capacity upgrade more than offsets it. So sometimes it takes 1 more bullet to kill. But you max out at what, 33 rounds instead of 25 from before? I think it's becoming my preferred spray weapon on Sanhok. The UMP45 on the other hand just feels week and pathetic.

Yeah, i just tried the game the other day - didn't have an issue with the extended mags (although I noticed SMG/pistol mags are one and the same?)

After playing a ton of Apex, its really hard to get back into - every Miramar game has me getting sniped from every direction while theres no vehicle in sight. It's not a fun 30minutes, at all.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yes. The extended mags not working apparently is a bug in the german translation of the game. They somehow mixed the names up.

Still very annoying. I don't play test server so I'm not sure if it's fixed in update 28.

Oct 26, 2017
After playing a ton of Apex, its really hard to get back into - every Miramar game has me getting sniped from every direction while theres no vehicle in sight. It's not a fun 30minutes, at all.
Apex is basically a completely different game. I guess I'm the other way around, where I struggle to play Apex after playing a bunch of PUBG. It's still a lot of easy wins as when I do play Apex it's with a dude who's an absolute savage at that game. If I were to give someone one PUBG tip to keep in mind as far as differences from other shooters/BRs... when you're doing a full auto spray, stop your strafe. Every other shooter you want to be wiggling all over the place like a madman.

As far as getting sniped from every direction, you gotta get cover, and failing that you have to hit your own shots and make them back off. If I give myself enough time to find a vehicle I usually don't have a problem. But I'm very used to my normal drop locations and know the spawns pretty well.

Yes. The extended mags not working apparently is a bug in the german translation of the game. They somehow mixed the names up.

Still very annoying. I don't play test server so I'm not sure if it's fixed in update 28.
Yeah that's awful. Especially since you're facing people with other localisations that won't face the issue. At least it was SMGs and not ARs I guess...

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I really want to jump into this on PC but $30...not a bad price but I was able to get it for $20 on Xbox back in it's early stage.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Player Care Package 2nd Test Event

Get a free fire axe skin!

After making a few updates to the system, we would like to stress test another Player Care Package event. The way to participate is the same as the first event, but we've extended the event period so that a lot more players can claim the reward item. For this event you'll be rewarded with a permanent axe-shaped sickle skin. Thank you again for participating in the test. Your feedback will be valuable in helping us make necessary improvements for the future return of this feature.

axe9fj5d.png

• Test schedule
    • Start: Apr 29 18:00 PDT / Apr 30 3:00 CET / Apr 30 10:00 KST
    • End: May 6 18:00 PDT / May 7 3:00 CET / May 7 10:00 KST
  • To Claim:
    • Press the Player Care Package button on the top right corner to verify

https://www.pubg.com/2019/04/28/player-care-package-2nd-test-event/

Oct 26, 2017
Huh. What was the first player care package test? I feel like I missed it.

Oh, and does anyone know how to get rid of the yellow 'new' icons under weapon mastery? I've clicked everywhere I can think of, flipped through all the charms, all my medals, whatever. But literally every weapon I've gained even a single level with has the yellow alert next to it. It's starting to drive me nuts.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I couldn't wait and decided to bite on steam for this game.
I'm excited to see how much more difficult this is than console.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Minor hotfix:

• Reverted Update #28 changes which applied borderless while in the lobby, when the selected Display-Mode setting was set to fullscreen
  • Fixed an issue where lower resolutions would not stretch correctly
  • Fixed a hitching issue in the early stages of a match
  • Fixed an issue where players could create an additional floating charm
  • Fixed a character model issue when using emotes while rotating the mouse in FPP
  • Fixed an issue with Anti-Aliasing & Post-Processing on lower performance PCs
  • Fixed an issue where the text for the PCL jacket was incorrect

Also someone figured out that the UMP45 got a stealth bullet velocity nerf when it changed, which is why it feels so bad now.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Alright so I'm new to Pubg on PC and would like advice from anyone on a good pair of headphones to use while playing this game or what possible sound setting to adjust.

I own a pair of Lucidsound Ls31 on my PC that are good but for Pubg don't work good in terms of hearing precisely where the shots/steps are coming from let along a vehicle nearby.
On Xbox I use a simple pair of XO ones that work great with Pubg since I can hear footsteps and what direction.
This isn't the case on the PC version, do I need a specific type of headphones or is there something I can use to adjust the sound for this?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Either play it with any decent pair of stereo headphones w/hrtf in-game or use w/e virtual simulation app/program you prefer. Just make sure your windows speaker configuration matches whatever you're going with.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god the most aggravating finale ever

I landed Roz, had nothing but SMGs looting the south side until I finally get a Mutant (yay?), I popped someone in the head but I get paranoid because someone else was shooting at them. I hear someone who actually drives up to Roz hill and gets into the wood tower in 2019, and after tapping them a few times they prone and heal in the tower, and I probably got reported because I actually killed them by shooting the tip of their foot that was clipping out the side. Oh, and they had a flare!

Anyway I take their car and rush in because the circle is centering around Pochinki, honking at like three people shooting at me and launch the flare in that little compound north of Pochinki. It turns into a cluster fuck, I found an SLR somewhere but my main gun is still a Bizon, but I manage to push in and tag heavily someone trying to go for the drop and I grab the crate (which is a ghillie and Mk14). Like four people are now around me and all shooting at me and each other. I tag one, they get shot by the guy who was already there, I run in and kill that guy while a sniper shoots me, the guy I kill actually had drop gear as well so my vest and helmet are already replenished, and then the circle shifts the field northwest so I have to rush across the biggest expanse of nothing in PUBG. I am a lunatic so my setup is full auto comped Mk14 as an AR and SLR as a sniper. I have tagged the prior sniper like five times as they also rush in from my northwest, only to keep proning and healing). I hit someone on the hill to my south twice as they try to line me up, but they're stolen from me by another Mk14 an instant after my second shot. The guy to my northwest is still there and still healing in the blue and still getting tagged. I try to flank him and hit him some more. Another crate is on the hill, and as someone starts to shoot me in the back I rush it, replace my helmet, use a Med Kit, get shot again from the field guy, guy above me is now throwing frags that are barely missing me, I replace my vest, I use another Med Kit, and then field guy finally Kar9's me because he has an angle and I am stuck between two people with no other cover. I spectate field guy and he dies to the blue 5 seconds later.

Oct 26, 2017
Alright so I'm new to Pubg on PC and would like advice from anyone on a good pair of headphones to use while playing this game or what possible sound setting to adjust.

I own a pair of Lucidsound Ls31 on my PC that are good but for Pubg don't work good in terms of hearing precisely where the shots/steps are coming from let along a vehicle nearby.
On Xbox I use a simple pair of XO ones that work great with Pubg since I can hear footsteps and what direction.
This isn't the case on the PC version, do I need a specific type of headphones or is there something I can use to adjust the sound for this?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
I play both versions as well. I have both going through a SoundBlaster X7. When I play Xbox I use optical in and check the surround sound options. But that doesn't seem best for PC. Where I'm connected via USB, and disabling surround sound and relying on in-game HRTF yields better results. HRTF sounds a little harsher to the ear than the surround though. HRTF gunfire does make it harder to gauge distance. But I have trouble with that regardless of HRTF setting so whatever. I'm always blown away if I watch say a video from Fugglet and he's just casually calling out what guns are shooting by the sound. Like, I can get the general feel of what 5.56 sounds like compared to 7.62, and snipers have kind of a loud echo thing going on so I can at least tell when someone is legit sniping. I probably couldn't really tell the difference between a DMR and AR of the same caliber if they're both long range tap firing.

I also use the following EQ for both:
hACKDo3.png

I copied it from somewhere and I think I brought the highest frequencies back down. I'm not claiming it's perfectly dialed in or anything but it works for me and I think it's got to be better than flat at least for hearing footsteps.

I use Sennheiser HD595, open backed, super comfortable. I also have the uhh Sennheiser G4me One or some nonsense like that for when I'm using a mic. Sounds almost as good to my ear, but the earpads are smaller and aren't that comfy for extended use. These are basically the same things that like wtfmoses constantly shills during his YouTube videos.

But hearing often just comes down to playing smart. Be jogging and you catch the guy that's sprinting, be crouch jogging and you catch the guy that's jogging. Hold the walk button and you catch the guy that's crouch jogging.
Oh my god the most aggravating finale ever
I had a game where I killed third place on Miramar, thought that was it. Thought the game was over. Started doing emotes, dances, whatever. Then after about 25 seconds I finally realized wait the game is still going. And I was just out of it at that point. My vest had gone in the last fight. I didn't pick up the vest off the corpse I was dancing on. All my adrenaline had drained away and I couldn't think. The last player's location was obvious, since I already knew about him. It's just third place was in a similar spot and when I killed him, I thought it was the first guy I saw and he had just rotated along the ridge above me. I still had a level 3 helmet. But never picked up a vest. And I kind of ran around like an idiot in a field for a while trying to figure out where the guy was. And the 0.4k/d potato who actually won the game did so by getting a Kar98k body 1-shot on me. Didn't try for a head shot. Couldn't see that I didn't have body armor. Just got the one tap and the dinner. Meanwhile I was on like 10 kills, I had hit two running kar98 headshots on a pretty decent 3.0k/d type streamer guy (who thought two guys shot him, nope it was just me bud, at 300 meters)... I had the only remaining cover for the next circle... I just needed to figure out where he was and get into cover. Or just chill in the shack and get my bearings that way. But nope. Also there was a second corpse that probably had a vest that I failed to loot because as I said... I was just mentally fried at that point. Such a bad ending.
I am a lunatic so my setup is full auto comped Mk14 as an AR and SLR as a sniper.
Honestly the Mk14 is probably the best full auto gun. My goal loadout for any game is Mk14 + AWM. Kitted out the recoil really isn't that bad. And of course you can tap fire it at medium ranges and still do massive damage, saving the full auto for closer quarters.

I had a game a couple of weeks ago where arguably I would have been better off with keeping dual Mk14 instead of picking up an M24. Hard to say, obviously the OHKs I got were convenient, but I think I could have easily double tapped most of the dudes in this match... maybe not salty streamer guy (and the epilogue with him is the whole reason I cut this game together for my Xbox friends)... but I probably would have gotten the last guy with an Mk14 instead. Of course I would have gotten him if I had calmly lined up my second M24 shot instead of sailing it over his head. And I would have won if I had gotten into cover when I spotted him since he clearly had already spotted me but I challenged him like a dumbass. Or I could have won if 3rd place had hit him with any shots (there was a lot of gunfire with 3 left right before the final fight so I thought despite the lvl 3 helmet one headshot should do me)

But yeah, I think more people should use the Mk14 in full auto. It's the most versatile gun in the game.

I have tagged the prior sniper like five times as they also rush in from my northwest, only to keep proning and healing). I hit someone on the hill to my south twice as they try to line me up, but they're stolen from me by another Mk14 an instant after my second shot. The guy to my northwest is still there and still healing in the blue and still getting tagged. I try to flank him and hit him some more. Another crate is on the hill, and as someone starts to shoot me in the back I rush it, replace my helmet, use a Med Kit, get shot again from the field guy, guy above me is now throwing frags that are barely missing me, I replace my vest, I use another Med Kit, and then field guy finally Kar9's me because he has an angle and I am stuck between two people with no other cover. I spectate field guy and he dies to the blue 5 seconds later.
The two things that drive me nuts in this game (three if you count west coast ping and general network performance)... snakes, and guy who is too scared to rotate into the circle on time, guarantees at best he will die to the blue, but will have an opportunity to screw over players who are playing the correct way. I'm not sure what they did with the circle timings on Erangel, they don't seem that different but it's hard to say since I haven't gotten caught out against a blue I can't outrun since the patch. But my Miramar/Erangel style is now such that I will keep a vehicle handy until I'm positive I won't need one. Every once in a while you'll try to drive right up on a guy who sprays you dead but overall it wins you games. Just every new circle, I look at the center of it on the map, and if it's a strong defensible position I'm taking it or dying trying. It could be some nice buildings, it could be a nice little hill with some tree cover (a UAZ plus a tree can cut off a lot of angles).

Sounds to me in your situation you really needed a smoke 'nade. wackyjacky101 does really well with smokes. Using them as cover that he fights from. I don't have quite the knack for peeking out of smoke but I'm trying to at least bust them out just to cover an open angle every once in a while instead of just using them to give me 20 seconds to loot a guy I just killed.

This season started off pretty rough for me. I did get 1 win in like the first 40 games or so, but I don't think I got a second until well past 150. Like, falling well under 1 percent win rate... in a game that usually starts with 97 people, and half of them are hotdropping and going to be out in the first couple of minutes anyway. And I wasn't doing that many hot drops. I mean sure now and again, but mostly it was my try-hard drops. Eventually I started getting kills and getting late game consistently but just not getting any wins. Then I finally broke through and got a couple as I neared the 200 games played mark on the season.

And now over the past 8 nights, I've gotten one solo win each night. Granted I quit for the day after I get my win and finish my event pass dailies. But 8 wins in 45 games, which I'm really happy with. Or 9 in 47 if you count the last two TPP games I did to finish weekly challenges in, and just so happened to win one.

13 solo FPP wins on the season, 52 top 10s, so i'm converting 1 out of 4. Or maybe it's 1 out of 5, I forget if pubg.op.gg counts the Ws as a top 10 as well, actually I don't think it does. I'd say for every one I have won, I've bungled 1-2 others... where maybe I wouldn't have won but I shouldn't have died the way that I did.

One of my wins I dropped off path, hunted down a care package in the blue with my next-level map marking skills... didn't see anyone until final 3... Mk14 popped a guy in the head, then proceeded to potato all my follow up shots while he took almost all my health before I finally finished him off. And then had a total potato fight with the last guy. Survived with like 10 health. Felt good in the moment, they can't always be pretty but then I checked his stats and... like his game name was born_1964 or something like that. He has a 0.25kd. He's had 40 top 10s this season, and has never gotten a win. The only reason I won is that the game delivered that crate to me (granted I did have to track that mofo, but still it was uncontested) with level 3 gear in it. I wish I had level 2 and he had gotten the win.

Well shit that was a long post. wtfmoses does these top 5 mistakes videos from time to time... and I haven't generally agreed with him that much on previous videos, but I actually thought this one was good so I may as well throw it in at the bottom, these are all things that I've focused on this season:

Last edited: