• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2018
I haven't played PUBG since September 2017 but hoping to have a few rounds tonight with my mate.

No doubt LOADS has changed since then. Also I'm a bit hampered now as I'm not on my gaming rig with good mouse and headset - using a shitty bluetooth mouse, iPhone headphones and a laptop - but hopefully it's still fun.

EDIT: Laptop couldn't handle it, even on very low settings. šŸ˜­

Last edited:

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
i play pubg sparsely, but it's a game i want to like, i just never feel comfortable in a match because i always feel blind and deaf while everyone else has predator sight and hearing

like this clip, to set it up i know someone will have to approach because i heard gunfire from where the zone was going to collapse, so i waited under the cliff for anyone running out of the blue

while playing i hear no one, and then suddenly someone is instantly behind me and i'm dead, i see the replay and they're above me the whole time moving around on the cliff while i hear none of this, but they hear some of my steps even though i'm walking and get a literal jump on me

even when i watch this i can only hear maybe one step of the enemy beforehand? i just don't know how i'm supposed to have any situational awareness

then there's this, which is a pretty common situation for me. someone starts firing at me, i get the general direction of their attack but actually seeing them is a needle in a haystack.

i won this encounter by repositioning and spotting the guy moving around, but i had no idea where he was when i was being shot at. looking back at it i managed to spot his head peeking out here.

kPLDcy9.png

how do y'all do it

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Play in 3rd person with a squad. :P

Really though, the game just is tense in FP /solo with no-one to watch your back.

There's honestly not much you can do against someone with a scope and good aim getting the drop on you. Taking cover and repositioning is usually what I try to do.

Generally probably try to avoid the situation to begin with by minimizing being out in the open at all.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I like almost everything they added for 4.1, though my potato of a PC is having some weird frame drops that last like 5 seconds every few minutes. Zooming in might be causing it.

winterymint

Alt account
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've been playing pubg nonstep since mid season of 3, and now I'm trying to get better during the new season 4.

Oct 26, 2017
Getting dumped into Asian servers... and the search options changed from featured/random other to the old ones of quick join and pick whatever map you want.... huh?

Being able to buy fresh daily missions is nice.

Performance seems worse. Legit seeing under 30 fps while parachuting sometimes.

The game crashes once every time I load it, and then always works the second time. Huh?

New Erangel looks nice. I'm glad they toned down the cartoony grass.

New overdramatic theme song remaster is great... I kind of wish it would keep playing until you land.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
After a few tweaks I think my stuttering issue is gone for now; I had a fun game where the circle just kept centering on Yas, and there were two crates outside the police station building right on top of each other. It ended in the yard in front of that government building; I ran into the other guy with crate gear without realizing it (I totally thought he was on the other side due to the sounds the third person was making) and completely flubbed it.

Also, they didn't mention it but a ton of weapons got visual upgrades as well. The Kar and Mini have way nicer looking wood grain, the M24 and Bizon have really nice realistic metal finishes, etc.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Game is much smoother now. I'm back on board with PUBG

Whatever the last update was on PC, hot damn. So smooth and way better for me as well.
I know I'll get stoned for admitting this but im just used to my Xbox controller so that's what I use. They finally fixed that on PC plus the audio.
My first game I ended 2nd place with 6 kills. Last guy got the drop on me by a hair.
Looks like I'll be spending more time on PC now.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
why the hell can't i find a solo fpp game at this time in the morning. not like its 4a.

e- squads too. still not able to find a match. didn't honestly think this would be an issue in either mode. weird.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I know I'll get stoned for admitting this but im just used to my Xbox controller so that's what I use. They finally fixed that on PC plus the audio.
I'm all for people using their input of choice on their platform of choice. Then again I also believe in the right tool for a job... Is it WASD that gets you down? Keyboard movement usually seems to be the main problem for people who did all their FPSing on consoles in my experience.

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty weird tho that I get put into SEA servers when I'm solo queueing. I tested it out yesterday by joining squads and the three teammates I got didn't understand me, nor I them. Also my ping was higher (around 175ms) which sucks.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I'm all for people using their input of choice on their platform of choice. Then again I also believe in the right tool for a job... Is it WASD that gets you down? Keyboard movement usually seems to be the main problem for people who did all their FPSing on consoles in my experience.

I'm sure if I gave it a weekend I'd adjust, for now it's just my reaction being much slower on kb+m since I jump back and forth from console to PC constantly. If I was younger I'd be all for kb+m for sure.

I've had no issues playing on squads so far then I jump on Xbox and get toxic teammates who tk me.
Fking A, he then sends me a message he's on LSD.
Smh

Oct 26, 2017
Game is so good right now. I'm actually grinding the season pass now.
You know, it really is pretty good right now. It's nice that you can reroll challenges for BP and buy more. Gives me something to do with my war chest as I don't care about the crates and usually don't bother to buy 1-2 cheap ones per week.

Frame rate isn't the best, I think I'll try turning down draw distance as for some reason my parachute is hit hardest. But admittedly my frame rate is pretty smooth. I haven't noticed much if any hitching right during a gunfight. Makes it a much more pleasant experience.

I'm starting to get a little tired of the Erangel-only thing. The random selection seems to be really struggling. Pretty thin even at peak NA hours for Solo FPP. I don't think I've even gotten a Vikendi game. And the fact that if you do pick random it resets you back to Erangel is pretty ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

And a kitted our Uzi is stupid fun. In fact that slight SMG/Shotgun buffs combined with the slight AR nerf might put balance in a perfect spot finally. The Kar98k/M24 damage swap is kind of weird but ultimately not a huge deal since ultimately you're just trying to OHKO Lvl 2 helmets. But seems like Kar98k was already popular compared to the M24 just because players are used to the bullet drop on it. So if it's already popular did it really need a buff? I guess I'm saying that as someone who will happily take an M24 anytime. Better reload, faster rechamber, less bullet drop? Yeah I can get behind that you can keep your Kars what are ya Nazis? (if I ever turned into that gun weirdo that lives in the woods miles from the nearest human Kar98 and Mosin-Nagant would be my first purchases, lol).

I've been playing pubg nonstep since mid season of 3, and now I'm trying to get better during the new season 4.
I've been on the git gud track for a couple of seasons now. The goal I set for solos is 2.00k/d and 5+% win rate 46 matches in. So far I'm hitting the win mark but more like a 1.5k/d. But I've played most of the season sleep deprived. And I just grabbed Sennheiser HD598 cs headphones which will drown out my AC a bit compared to my open headphones. Only been playing with them one day but I can tell already that I'm hearing close/quiet footsteps much more clearly. What you can't get in skill at old gaming age you can get in buying more gear, that's my motto.

It's pretty weird tho that I get put into SEA servers when I'm solo queueing. I tested it out yesterday by joining squads and the three teammates I got didn't understand me, nor I them. Also my ping was higher (around 175ms) which sucks.
Are you NA? I had to restart the game when that happened in order to get back to my region. I'm guessing the "Restart Lobby" button would have done the same.

I'm sure if I gave it a weekend I'd adjust, for now it's just my reaction being much slower on kb+m since I jump back and forth from console to PC constantly. If I was younger I'd be all for kb+m for sure.
Well if you do ever want to train up your kb+m skills I probably wouldn't do it in PUBG. Find something with instant respawns and a fast pace to get quick reps in. And remember, your sens can always go lower, and it will make you more accurate :)
I've had no issues playing on squads so far then I jump on Xbox and get toxic teammates who tk me.
Fking A, he then sends me a message he's on LSD.
Smh
I'd of course never generalize about the quality of person on PC vs Xbox because that would be unfair... but if someone happens to be a bottom of the barrel junkie and they just so happen to want to play video games chances are they might be on console thanks to lower barrier of entry and more immediate savings to go towards meth.

I never bother communicating with randoms on Xbox. At least on PC I'll give them a chance before I mute them. Then again I'm not venturing into PUBG random squads unless there's some kind of event pass challenge that requires it, or at least is made a lot easier (I'm looking at you get a kill with x weapon and make it to top y where y for some reason isn't y/4 in squads like it should be to account for different team sizes between modes, or even y/3 to throw them a bone in regard to 1-man squadders showing up and otherwise shorthanded teams).

Last edited:

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Beryl feels really nice. In fact, I think everything except the SCAR feels really nice.

Also I just hit a really good semi-lucky headshot, and I checked PUBG report after a session and the guy reported me and was trying to justify it based on the laggy replay lol

Oct 26, 2017
Nade meta is getting me down. I'm surprised they haven't made a change yet. It's one thing to get naded, it's another to dodge 3 nades and die to the 4th.

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I'm finding this really annoying too. Same problem in Apex, noone wants to implement some sort of hard cap on nades you can carry?
People have already posted a simple and logical solution too. Utility belt carries throwables instead of backpack. And you can potentially have like a lvl 2 and lvl 3 utility belts that would let you carry more.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Recently got this on pc after realizing they had controller support. I love it and holy shit am I bad. 0.3 kd. 8 kills in 5 hrs of playtime.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed some weird hit detection stuff happening lately. Not the old, logical stuff that happens if you trade and die but see blood on the other guy due to latency, like, hitting a person during a fight and then spectating or checking weapon damage after the match and seeing that some shots just did not register despite seeing blood.

These have included:

-Two times I've sprayed someone (with a Vector and SCAR) through a window, seen blood, and then died a few seconds later; mastery and spectate shows 0 damage from the Vector or SCAR. Again, not a trade, I saw blood coming directly from their body and even had time to start healing or pulling a nade or molly after I got shot.

-A time I was hitting someone with an SLR and died. I was like "well damn, I fucked that up," then checked the damage. I hit the guy 4 times with an SLR, but consciously discounted the last one because it was a trade. That's still 3 SLR shots I visibly and honestly hit. The damage registered was equal to two shots to a level 2 vest (upper chest and... arm?). One of my shots just disappeared into a black hole.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's been first person NA. One was most definitely a cheater, the usual 10kd sort of thing... I sniped him from around 500 meters and he immediately snapped to return fire... then for the next 5 minutes or so he always knew exactly where I was despite me rotating when he was behind a tree healing and whatnot... then finally when I got close enough to where bullets are effectively hitscan he once again knew exactly where I was and snapped on with an M4 hitting all chest shots. Only reason I survived before was because of bullet travel time. He had no real aim or anticipation, so he missed every shot so long as I kept my peeks and movements quick. edit: logged in today and saw he was permabanned.

Second guy didn't have amazing stats (more like a 2kd), but when I watched back the killcam (where he killed another guy right as I tried to flank) his vector just snapped to target everytime... like, he wouldn't move at all in hipfire, he'd ADS, and he'd be instantly on the target. And looking at the replay he had some very suspicious care package lootings in the late circles. He clearly had some kind of cheat showing that nobody had an angle on him or else he would have at least dumped a smoke on the last package.

On the bright side I eventually got out of my slump, and made it back to my 5% goal winning game 5 in game 100 of the season, then I won game 101 for good measure the next day in stupid BRDM cheese fashion (warning 5 minute clip that took way too much editing effort that possibly only amuses me):

I did love the fact that when I checked the replay, that was the guy I'd drive up to for the final fight, and he never found a new vest, so between me M24 tagging him twice and his fight with 3rd place guy, he ended up with no body armor, and died to 2 Aug torso shots.

Last edited:

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
took like a year off from the game and am having a great time again. still the best BR by far.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like maybe the AR nerf should be rolled back. If they want SMGs to have a place in the game, then just buff SMGs more. And DMRs are already super powerful enough now, ARs haven't been in that niche for a while. ARs being nerfed just raises the TTK and I don't think that's the way to go for this game.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed some weird hit detection stuff happening lately. Not the old, logical stuff that happens if you trade and die but see blood on the other guy due to latency, like, hitting a person during a fight and then spectating or checking weapon damage after the match and seeing that some shots just did not register despite seeing blood.

These have included:

-Two times I've sprayed someone (with a Vector and SCAR) through a window, seen blood, and then died a few seconds later; mastery and spectate shows 0 damage from the Vector or SCAR. Again, not a trade, I saw blood coming directly from their body and even had time to start healing or pulling a nade or molly after I got shot.

-A time I was hitting someone with an SLR and died. I was like "well damn, I fucked that up," then checked the damage. I hit the guy 4 times with an SLR, but consciously discounted the last one because it was a trade. That's still 3 SLR shots I visibly and honestly hit. The damage registered was equal to two shots to a level 2 vest (upper chest and... arm?). One of my shots just disappeared into a black hole.

I'm having a LOT of issues with hit detection, including headshots not counting as headshots. Sometimes the shots don't even register - I've had this occur with the SLR+8x, mostly at close range.

Last game, I had an AK with a 4x, engaged the guy at 100m - I had them in my sights, with their head occupying the entire crosshair. Tagged him twice in the head, and once in the body..and I died as he just gunned me with the SKS with bodyshots. The best part is, he had a level 1 helmet intact after all that.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I was doing some really fun stuff with wacky shotgun angles and jumping tonight, but then I had to quit because the peeker's advantage got straight up unplayable. Twice in a row I died to what, on my screen, was 1-2 SCAR bullets, both times either right before or during the person emerging from behind cover. I was even prefiring both times, but I still did barely any damage and had their first bullet hit me before their gun was even on my screen.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a LOT of issues with hit detection, including headshots not counting as headshots. Sometimes the shots don't even register - I've had this occur with the SLR+8x, mostly at close range.

Last game, I had an AK with a 4x, engaged the guy at 100m - I had them in my sights, with their head occupying the entire crosshair. Tagged him twice in the head, and once in the body..and I died as he just gunned me with the SKS with bodyshots. The best part is, he had a level 1 helmet intact after all that.

The servers have been completely wacky in the past few days. As someone in Australia, I get bounced between Oceania(~25 ping) and South East Asia(~125 ping) depending on player levels/time of day. So I had a game on OCeania last night where I had my crosshair on another player crouching ~100 metres away and fired ~5 SKS shots and none of them registered, and watching the replay none of the bullets hit the ground or anywhere else close by...it was like they just vanished.

Then today playing SEA with 125 ping and I was hitting ~300 metre Kar98 shots no worries...

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, hit my k/d mark along with the win percentage mark I had set as my goal for the season... now I just got to maintain it... through the rest of the event pass. What could possibly go wrong?
SBqe301.png

Feel like maybe the AR nerf should be rolled back. If they want SMGs to have a place in the game, then just buff SMGs more. And DMRs are already super powerful enough now, ARs haven't been in that niche for a while. ARs being nerfed just raises the TTK and I don't think that's the way to go for this game.
I think the balance they have now is quite good. The only thing I would roll back is the Aug nerf. They had the perfect opportunity to make it worth picking up for the standard guy who is already rolling with a fully kitted M416 when he finds it. Instead they kept it in lockstep damage-wise with the other full auto 5.56 guns.

The way things stand now, SMGs pair perfectly with DMRs, and ARs pair perfectly with bolt-action snipers.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Just won a 1-Man Squad game with UMP/M24. 6 UMP kills (+ 1 M24 kill for the chicken dinner,) everyone else I encountered had M4/Scar...they just can't compete in the 0-40m range. Not to mention it's very easy to find UMP and angled/vert/half grip, compensator and extended mag in every game on Erangel.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Yay died to cheaters in the final circle out of like my last five games. Cool.

Yeah, they've back in full force these days. FPS servers, and my squad have got that splash page saying "We caught em" quite a few times. So we know it's not just us calling out lucky/extremely good shots.

I don't even play that much these days and I still feel like I'm running into them often. One match, a tank went under the map and followed us the whole game. We died to the last legitimate team and watched. The cheaters waiting until the final circle closed and then came out of the ground to try and steal the win. The legit dudes were good though and still killed the hackers. The winners were streaming too so it was very funny to watch again on Pubg report.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Just got into the top 10 for a round, only for me to get stuck when trying to prone under a building in Sanhok. Couldn't move out and if I ADS'd at all, it would flicker like crazy. Still funny that I killed someone like that though.