• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Does this version have the desert map? Been playing this a ton with my friends since I got it with my one X, but we have only seen the first map.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People that just drive around in the final circles deserve a special place in hell

It's probably because I'm on the X but the game has never felt smother than it has since the latest patch. Have only crashed a few times and the framerate drops don't happen nearly as often. Rubberbanding is far more rare, also.

Still needs more work, but they're getting there!

Not on the X, but its smoother for me too. Looked at some comparison videos and damn this is crisper on the X. Much less of the "CONTACT AT 150, no wait thats a bush"

Last edited:

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The only performance issue I'm still happening on Xbox One X is that the frame rate seems to get worse and worse throughout the progression of a match, regardless of which location I'm in.

Games almost always start out smoothly but 20-30 minutes in the average FPS just drops :-(

I did notice that the game was on an external drive so I just moved it to my internal to see if that helps at all.

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Lol my buddy linked me this today

Also, was in the final three with one guy out on a boat. It was pretty funny since me and the other guy on the shore didn't have vision of each other, so we both were just ripping shots at the dude on the boat... Til the zone came in again and we were screwed and had to make a dash to the water.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I jumped. Wait for it!

Glad I had pulled out the S12K..

Also FINALLY got my first FPP Team dinner.. took way too long, way too many bad squads. Was very satisfying before going to bed.

Speaking of which.. this game is the absolutely best (worst?) at getting me to do "just one more". If I have a terrible game I think, "well, can't end on that note!" and if I have a good game I go "Well we're finally doing good, can't stop now!". WAYYYYY too many late nights on Xbox since this came out for sure.

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Speaking of which.. this game is the absolutely best (worst?) at getting me to do "just one more". If I have a terrible game I think, "well, can't end on that note!" and if I have a good game I go "Well we're finally doing good, can't stop now!". WAYYYYY too many late nights on Xbox since this came out for sure.
Lol same here. I've been drinking a lot more coffee in the morning because of late nights from this game.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
they need to fix the inventory navigation glitch. It's been there since day one and its embarrassing. On top of that the new patch made it so button presses in the inventory or map affect you in game.

On top of that I just got one shotted by a shotgun with a level 2 vest and helmet on but when I hit him directly in the chest with mine he didn't die and he had nothing on. Game of horrors.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
they need to fix the inventory navigation glitch. It's been there since day one and its embarrassing. On top of that the new patch made it so button presses in the inventory or map affect you in game.

On top of that I just got one shotted by a shotgun with a level 2 vest and helmet on but when I hit him directly in the chest with mine he didn't die and he had nothing on. Game of horrors.
Yep lost a game because of that tried to pick up some 5.56 ammo for my mini 14 off a dead body.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
The game booted me as I shot the last guy. I think I killed him but I have no fucking idea. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just have to vent but fuck this game with vehicles at the moment. I came 11th in solo and swear I counted 8 vehicles driving around, I actually managed to take one player out in one but I got run over as soon as I gave my position away.
Just annoying, it's like people have said well if you can't beat them join them.

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 3rd Chicken Dinner tonight in a squad match with some friends.

Thought I was going to get my 4th as well as I was having such a good game. Had 9 kills and it ended up being a 2 on 2 matchup. My friend knocked one of them down and immediately got knocked down himself.

Made a rookie mistake by trying to kill the knocked down opponent instead of focusing on the last guy and got taken out. Looking back at the replay I recorded I can see the last guy crawling right at me. If I was patient I could have had a good chance. Think I got kill hungry as I haven't had that many kills in a match before.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Last night I also had two solid matches, #14 and #9 I think. Both times I shot someone to no damage but got shot afterwards and died in half a second. People on COD complain about how inconsistent the shooting is, but PUBG is on a whole new level. You either kill everyone with 3 shots or not a whole round will do the trick. Total lottery right now, hence the fact that vehicles aside I probably have like 5 kills in the past 10 matches. Can't take risks when you can't trust the game.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I know I am a disgusting human being for camping, but can anyone tell me how I got shot?

No idea if it's tickrate, bugs or glitching, but there are people who see and shoot through walls. I died like that multiple times. Once I was running up the stairs and a guy shot me with a shotgun from outside. Another time I was hiding behind an open door, then someone somehow sees me and kills me with a couple bullets. Another time I got shot through a solid rock. It is what it is, unfortunately.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Chinese hackers figured out how to do it on Xbox or how to get crossplay themselves.

Killcams can't come soon enough. Sometimes you just know there's something wrong with that kill, you're certain you were behind cover, but you can't prove it if you don't see the killer shooting at you. Unless they fix all those glitches before the killcams arrive, it'll be interesting to see clips like the above with the killcam afterwards. Then we'll see a lot of "I was just playing PUBG randomly, never cheated or anything, but for some reason 2498248 people reported me for cheating - man, this game sure is toxic" kinda threads that already are popular enough on Reddit.

Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
Killcams can't come soon enough. Sometimes you just know there's something wrong with that kill, you're certain you were behind cover, but you can't prove it if you don't see the killer shooting at you. Unless they fix all those glitches before the killcams arrive, it'll be interesting to see clips like the above with the killcam afterwards. Then we'll see a lot of "I was just playing PUBG randomly, never cheated or anything, but for some reason 2498248 people reported me for cheating - man, this game sure is toxic" kinda threads that already are popular enough on Reddit.
What you're going to see is a discrepancy between what you saw on your screen and what they saw on there's. Haven't played COD in a while, but thats what the kill cam used to show. It looked like you were behind cover on your screen, and you were, then the kill cam shows you 3 feet away from the wall when you died. Network wise, there's no way everyone is 1:1 at this point.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What you're going to see is a discrepancy between what you saw on your screen and what they saw on there's. Haven't played COD in a while, but thats what the kill cam used to show. It looked like you were behind cover on your screen, and you were, then the kill cam shows you 3 feet away from the wall when you died. Network wise, there's no way everyone is 1:1 at this point.

In movement, that happens with lag and rubberbanding, but in the clip above you'd see someone aiming at a house's wall, take the shot and score a kill. Unless the netcode is completely busted, you wouldn't see him standing on the roof or something, thus you'd know it's foul play.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take whatever little nonsense I've experienced on the X over the PC version the last few days and especially last night.

Played on the PC on NA servers and saw tons of Chinese names, especially ones with "TV" at the end.

Dudes shooting through floors. Instant headshots across the maps.

One game I was on the 2nd floor of a house, not moving. On the killcam, a guy walked in, his aim immediately looked directly up to exactly where I was crouching. He fired 3 shots and I died.

Played 4 games last night on PC and stuff like that happened in every single one.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Not played since the last update due to illness, but played a lot today. Out of 8 games I still haven't found a single AR. Not sure if they gimped the loot, but I really didn't enjoy my time with the game becuase of it, I was also killed by two guys who were teaming in single player and was killed in very suspect circumstances on one occasion as I was shot while in a windowless room.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got killed yesterday while I was being a camper as well, just chilling in a concrete building and somehow got headshotted. I recorded it and could not see how he could have hit me. I am loathe to call someone a cheater for that.. but relays can't come soon enough.

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Wocka wocka
ForsakenGivingBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

Edwardo

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Lol right. I feel ok with the regular one, but the one with the sidecar is always a troublemaker.

Not played since the last update due to illness, but played a lot today. Out of 8 games I still haven't found a single AR. Not sure if they gimped the loot, but I really didn't enjoy my time with the game becuase of it, I was also killed by two guys who were teaming in single player and was killed in very suspect circumstances on one occasion as I was shot while in a windowless room.
I had a game last night where I found at least 8 M16's. It was absolutely insane. We just kept jumping from house to house and there was at least one in each. Crazy.

Buy then I get games where I can only find pistols, shotguns, and the occasional micro uzi. Luck of the draw I guess.

Last edited:

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I hit two people in the head with a mini three times and they survived. One then proceeded to knock me with two shots of a m4 and full health. They really need to stabilize this game.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It needs a kill cam. If for nothing else other than to stop me shouting bullshit everytime I get dropped.

In other news, I went back to fortnite today. Bunny hopping shotgunners everywhere. Pubg has killed that game for me. Its terrible.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Unplayable again tonight bc of terrible hit detection and inconsistent shooting. Getting 2 shotted with m4's all night even though I had full health and put full mags of an ump or AR into them. I notice it more in duo and squad games, while solo works well for me.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Check out this chaos. So much happening as the circle closed I didn't even realize I needed to reload lmao.

5 squad wins today. 2 duos. I'm now 16th in EU TPP Squads. I just want to crack the top ten! I'm almost there!

Oct 28, 2017
Argh! Just died in the most ridiculous way. Game was going so well too. Genuinely thought I had a chance to get my first chicken dinner. Kitted out well. Suppressed AKM for close combat. Mini14 with an 8x for long distance. Level 3 helmet and vest. 3 painkillers, 2 energy drinks. And a shed load of health packs and bandages. This was it! My time to shine.

Circle's not too kind so I have to race for a boat to cross the body of water quickly. I spot someone else going for it. We engage in firefight. I killed him making him my fifth kill which is now my best return yet. I get the boat and race towards the circle. I see someone else on the other side so I plan to beach the boat, jump out and kill him. I jump out of the boat and "You've died from falling" appear on my screen. YOU FUCKING WHAT?!?!

Slowly getting better though.

How does one use health items without entering the menus? I know you can press down on the dpad to scroll through but no idea how to actually use them.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm destined to do terrible at this game.

3 top tens, 3 times I've received a phone call and been shot while in the call.

I can't turn my phone off either, I'm on call at work and it's a company phone.

Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
any news of a patch next week? They've been really good about getting updates out so far.
They don't usually say anything about patches until it's ready to rock. I think we got a heads up that one was in cert, but that's not common. I think Tuesdays, Thurs and Friday are the norm. People have been begging on the official forums since the last one came out and they've given no indication.