• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i haven't had a chance to play on the new patch but early circles moving faster with less delay seems extremely off-putting to me. i don't like dropping hot and it feels like this would basically force me to if i want to get any kind of decent loot.

the late game circle changes sound good but i don't know what a faster early circle is even supposed to solve. people complained about everyone dropping school/hacienda/pochinki/pecado such that there's only 25 left alive by circle 2 and this just looks like it'll make that worse.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Game is running way worse than last patch. Framerate is shit from the start until the end of the match. Getting killed through objects bc of lag even more now. It's amazing that they can't stabilize the game at all.

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Game is running way worse than last patch. Framerate is shit from the start until the end of the match. Getting killed through objects bc of lag even more now. It's amazing that they can't stabilize the game at all.

Ive never seen a game get patched that often, and yet still feel exactly the same.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I think I've come to the realization that this game will probably not run well on current gen consoles ever. The cpu for these consoles just isn't cutting the mustard when it comes to running this game. I hope I'm wrong and that one day we can at least get a solid 30fps. But I just don't know. Maybe the port to next gen consoles is when we'll finally get this game running well.

There's some hope I think with the desert map. It runs generally better on pc so maybe that'll translate to it running better on console? I dunno.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
stuck in a wall again

this game is bad man

like, seriously, this game is more frustrating than it is enjoyable. And I genuinely don't see that changing. Shit is flat out awful, and I'm just about done.

Last edited:

Phire Phox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While the problems with this game are certainly frustrating, we have to remind ourselves that the game is still in Early Access on Xbox. Most of the problems should hopefully be fixed by the the time version 1.0 drops.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While the problems with this game are certainly frustrating, we have to remind ourselves that the game is still in Early Access on Xbox. Most of the problems should hopefully be fixed by the the time version 1.0 drops.

I hope so. Problem is, the game lags, crashes, loses settings, misses bullet detection, etc. more often than it did at launch for me. In 4 months the game actually regressed to me, HUD and plane section aside. What they're currently doing clearly isn't working.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I just don't have the eye to notice it but I've never really had any problems with the performance of this game at all... It could look better obviously but I've never had crazy performance issues besides crashing during the first couple weeks.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a One X and the game runs like ass. Plane aside the game ran better at launch.
Idk if it ran better at launch but it absolutely ran better 2-3 updates ago. Like the cosmetic upgrades and the plane stuff should never have been implemented until the game was more stabilized . Especially the beginning where it takes a solid 3 minutes to load in the textures and equipment while people are in the same house with you. This can be even more of a problem given the game's inherent issue with loot drops being pretty bad most of the time.

Phire Phox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4YSjJ2l.gif

Happened when I was playing earlier today. A duo crashed their bike on top of a building and one of the dudes body's went flying. lol

Last edited:

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Got a trio win last night, following a couple of bum games where we struggled to even find any weapons.

Also got a crossbow kill for the first time:

Pretty sure the guy shot me as well but I'm assuming because he died first it didn't count.

He must have been super annoyed. He had just left a massive battle royale in the school as the last man standing.

We found about 6 or 7 crates littering the ground. Everyone else landed on the ground around the building, me and my partner were the only ones on the roof.

Last edited:

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
This game is all or nothing with regards to loot, eh? They should really revisit the algorithm used to determine the 'randomness'. I can thoroughly loot everything, in high-density areas like apartment buildings, and it will be like

-> All night can't find a single scope above red dot and then in 1 round I find 3 8X, 4 4X scopes
-> "I haven't seen a Kar98 in like 2 days" then 3 rounds in a row there are buildings that have 2 Kar98s in them
-> 3 of the same item on top of each other (ie. 3 level 2 helmets, 3 pistols with tons of ammo, etc)
-> yesterday I found 5 tactical stocks in 1 medium sized house, 8 total in a 3 house cluster

I understand the need for randomness, and I don't plan to consistently find the same guns in every house. I just think the randomness could be less 'dumb'.

Oct 26, 2017
In the end, Horse Armor won! Sad!

I don't really care about paid cosmetics, even on a technical dumpster fire of a game. It's not like the dude making the assets for this sick '5pack' was otherwise going to fix the game.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind paid cosmetics if, you know, the game actually worked somewhat decently. I know the people working on cosmetics are not the same as the ones working on netcode or the engine, but their priorities seem odd.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind paid cosmetics if, you know, the game actually worked somewhat decently. I know the people working on cosmetics are not the same as the ones working on netcode or the engine, but their priorities seem odd.
I don't mind them but at least make them look good. I think majority of the cosmetics in this game are pretty ugly. The pc version has some cool weapon skins though.

More crashes bc of the 3d model in the inventory screen on the X. How many times do people have to complain about it before they cut it?

Guy running straight at me. Shoot him nothing connects. He then kills me. 2nd place because of shit like that. Three fucking games lost to shit hit detection. Me and my buddy shoot at the last kid no blood comes out for either of us. He takes all the damage and kills both of us.

Fuck this shit. The devs are incompetent.

Last edited:

Draughn

Oct 29, 2017
Redmond, WA
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/215872-miramar-map-coming-to-xbox-test-server-april-24/

Starting later today, anyone who owns PUBG on Xbox One can download the Miramar test server (called "PUBG Test Server"), directly from the Microsoft Store.

As the map is in an early stage of development, some aspects may not function as expected. For matchmaking reasons, the test will be limited to TPP on NA servers. We might make adjustments to this depending on how the test goes.

During the test period and beyond, we will be actively listening to player feedback and using it to improve the build, so please be sure and share your comments, questions, and concerns in the thread below! There will also be "bug bounty" rewards: 150 players who help us find bugs will get some swaggy in-game items.

Test Server Downloadable Starting:

April 24th, 12am, your local timezone.

Full Test Schedule Below:

U.S. (PDT) SCHEDULE

4/25, 4/26, 4/27: Servers available 5pm PDT through 11pm PDT

4/28 & 4/29: Servers available 11am PDT through 11pm PDT

EUROPE (CEST) SCHEDULE

4/26, 4/27, 4/28: Servers available 2am CEST through 8am CEST

4/28 & 4/29: Servers available 8pm CEST through 8am CEST

Servers can go down for maintenance at any time. If that happens, check our help Twitter or this post for info. We'll update this thread with more information on future testing windows as they become available.

Thanks for playing!

See you in the game,

PUBG Xbox Team

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't play from 2am to 8am tbh. Could have done so on the morning of the 25th as it's a National holiday in Italy, but my luck dictates the test begins 24 hours later. I'm also not at home during the 28th and 29th so tough luck I guess.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm excited for it and the enhancements to the engine that are supposed to come with it.

Shame on a business trip for half of this test phase and that Europe will be asleep for most of it.

I'm hoping it works well, feels like this game is attracting a lot of negativity at the moment.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first solo dinner my first game back in a while.

Might be playing this a bit more. I think the pro builder control scheme ruined console fortnite a bit for me. I was never a big builder but never felt at a disadvantage before. Now everyone builds 3 story towers in a second and then peek shotguns.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Shoot a kid in the chest with no vest with a shotgun he doesn't die, shoot another in the head with a helmet he gets knocked instantly. Not sure why I'm surprised anymore. Game is a total shit show. I love it but it's insane that it's still running this poorly.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
About to try and hop on. Hopefully the stability/performance improvements are decent. Not a huge fan of Miramar from what I've seen and heard, but I don't think a new map hurts at all.

Anyone know if there's FPP for the Test Server or is it TPP only?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get into a game and after a few minutes you get network lag and be stuck for several minutes until you get a connection timeout. Test server is unplayable due to this. Really bad showing for them.

They shut the servers down.

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What an awful showing for the PUBG team with the test server situation and it seems as if interest for the game has all but died off here since no posts in the thread anymore.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What an awful showing for the PUBG team with the test server situation and it seems as if interest for the game has all but died off here since no posts in the thread anymore.

I think there's a lot of latent interest. People want to play this game all the time, but 4 and a half months in the game runs worse than before. It's just a fucking mess. There's not a lot to talk about since there aren't many content updates, the game doesn't really improve, and many of us are simply waiting for the game to become decent in terms of performance, like it was at launch when it was okay-ish, bar the crashes (which I luckily never encountered in the first weeks). No idea how it managed to become worse, bar the plane part and the HUD that became better, but so many things actively worsened so much it's crazy.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I count as latent interest. I really want to play the game but I'm waiting for it to get close to PC 1.0 levels.

Playing a few rounds of fortnite (ugh building and shotgun bunny hops) just shows the complete lack of finish in the main game and lack of polish on stuff around the game (menus, emotes, customisation etc)

Edit - to be clear, I love pubg, I just wish they could "finish" it.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I think there's a lot of latent interest. People want to play this game all the time, but 4 and a half months in the game runs worse than before. It's just a fucking mess. There's not a lot to talk about since there aren't many content updates, the game doesn't really improve, and many of us are simply waiting for the game to become decent in terms of performance, like it was at launch when it was okay-ish, bar the crashes (which I luckily never encountered in the first weeks). No idea how it managed to become worse, bar the plane part and the HUD that became better, but so many things actively worsened so much it's crazy.

I count as latent interest. I really want to play the game but I'm waiting for it to get close to PC 1.0 levels.

Playing a few rounds of fortnite (ugh building and shotgun bunny hops) just shows the complete lack of finish in the main game and lack of polish on stuff around the game (menus, emotes, customisation etc)

All the latent interest is going to go away the minute some AAA game announces their Battle Royale game.
I too have made the switch over to Fortnite the last few weeks and I wish that PUBG was even half as smooth as Fortnite is, I mean yeah the shooting mechanics and building aren't my favorites, but I love getting in gun fights and either win/losing fair and square.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep. I often shoot down Fortnite vs PUBG comparisons, because the former is made by a historic industry giant with hundreds of extremely experienced developers who also own the engine they've made the game in, which in turn is an iteration of something they worked on for over 20 years, with the base game also being now over 5 years old in terms of development. An insane amount of experience and resources went into the product, they even killed Unreal Tournament and Paragon to make sure to concentrate on this one game, and it's unfair to compare it to PUBG that is still done by what is basically an indie dev. Yeah, sure, they sold tens of millions of copies, but you can't suddenly get decades worth of experience, quality, polish by "buying" some devs. Things take time.

But despite all that, I really have a hard time handling what's going on with the game. The issues suck out most of the fun when over half the matches have very serious issues from pop-ins, crashes, horrible hit detection, battles going below 10fps, shooting through walls, etc.. The game was frequently updated at first, then the updates slowed. At first it seemed like they would be able to fix big problems real quick, but now it feels like a really long waiting game. I won't test my patience on this game bar a match or two every now and then to see what's up (the last 10 times or so I started the game I lost my settings - that's what's up, lol), because there isn't anything happening that makes me think it's worth investing emotions and time into it just yet.

I absolutely love the core game. The first weeks in the game, even with all the jank, are already some of my sweetest memories in multiplayer gaming - and my history of playing online goes a long way back. Scoring a chicken dinner on my very first match, then scoring another on day 2 after super intense matches was so thrilling, my hands were shaking for minutes after both matches. And then I had a lot of other top 3, top 10, top 25 finishes that just felt awesome, there have been legit cases where I've been outsmarted (either by opponents or by myself). It's just that good - when it works. Problem is, it practically never does. Framerate and hit detection seem to have oddly worsened since launch, I'm crashing more than ever, settings are lost everytime (this wasn't happening at first, either)...

I'll just wait. I have the thread in my watched threads, I comment when there's some activity. I really hope the game will be solid enough soon, but my patience isn't unlimited. There's games for Xbox coming like State Of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Forza Horizon 4. Multiplatforms, stuff on other consoles. Plus there's so much backlog I'm trying to work through, Game Pass, etc.. There'll come a day when the news of PUBG working as intended will just fly above my head as I won't be invested in the game anymore. I can wait, but my patience is finite. There's only so many hopeful tries end up in disappointment that I can go for, eventually I'll just lose interest and move on, kinda like how Friday The 13th and Dead By Daylight had shitshow launches which made me uninterested in continuing to follow the game forever while waiting for the problems to be fixed. I love PUBG and I want to wait it out, hence I'm here. But they need to give us something eventually, 4 and a half months later and while there were tons of updates, it doesn't feel like they're cracking the code to the worst problems yet. So I don't know what to think.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Deception yeah good point. I generally avoid cod and bf games but a polished aaa battle royale would be very tempting..

FairyEmpire all your points are totally valid, as to why it isn't so polished... But I still wish it was, I'd play it a lot more

I've had a ton of fun with the game, including jumping up and punching the air when I got my first chicken dinner.

PUBG will always be my "first".

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
The test server seems to perform ALOT better than the current live servers. Got on Miramar yesterday and had a great duos win that ended just outside of Pecado.

Unclebenny

Oct 28, 2017
The subreddit is full of people saying that this performs a lot better than Erangel. Promising to hear some similar views here.

Had a quick go last night but the servers are only open late night here in the UK.

I think they have been flung wide openover the weekend though:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The subreddit is full of people saying that this performs a lot better than Erangel. Promising to hear some similar views here.

Had a quick go last night but the servers are only open late night here in the UK.

I think they have been flung wide openover the weekend though:
Played around 7-8 matched last night and I can say that the on ground gameplay definitely was a lot better than Erangel. The initial drop still suffers from FPS drops and massive pop-ins but after that it is good for the most part.

As far as the map itself, I really love how the terrain plays a huge part in how you can position yourself in the last few circles. Since there is no grass, it makes it very hard for people just lay prone and wait out the last few circles. Won my first game by simply playing the curvature of the terrain to my advantage and being ultra aggressive against people who are used to the campus gameplay of Erangel.

My one complaint of the map is the portions in-between cities can be extremely empty which can get a little boring but the actual cities are really fun and filled with unique settings.

Good job PUBG.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really, really, REALLY hope this new map will work a lot better. I so want to play the game, but in its current state it's infuriating. Plus I can't play the test in the middle of the night, not I'm home this weekend. Will wait for the official release.