• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know how this game is getting worse with each patch. Broken things like party system, nade indicator and reload that were reported over a month ago during the first test should've been fixed by now. There's no excuse for not fixing basic things like that.

The last two patches have increased crashing significantly. Twice tonight my friend and I crashed seconds apart while driving. It's ridiculous.

Frame rate has improved but still dives near the end of games during encounters. On top of that the game will freeze up for a second during fights. The game also seems to freeze when opening your inventory and you'll end up away from where you stopped to pick up loot.

They also managed to make the rendering and load times worse. Even on the X, where I had no troubles before with these two issues, its become a major problem.

This is all happening mainly on the new map, where the majority wants to play at the moment. It's been said the new map is better optimized than the old one bc they created their own assets (truly some of the worse designed buildings I've ever seen) for it, but I'm not seeing it.

I've just never seen a dev struggle to stabilize the game like this.

Also the new map shows how bad loot distribution is on the old map. They need to buff that.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I loaded this up last night for the first time in quite a while. There has been numerous updates in that time.

I can't believe (well I kind of can) that it has got worse. It's nearly unplayable. Trying to get a group of four people to ready up was a nightmare. Invite to party, now back out to title screen, don't click ready up until we say...ok now. Oh, still didn't work for you? Go back to the title screen to try again.

And when we did eventually get into a game two of us crashed out to the Home screen before even seeing the plane.

The rubber banding has somehow gone from bad to absolutely tragic. Especially on the new map. Takes a good 3-4 minutes to sort itself out.

Had a moment where we were driving along on a bike and we blew up for no reason, turns out we drove straight into a wall that hadn't yet loaded.

It's a complete mess of a game.

But at least they've added a menu where I can buy a gold tracksuit for four quid. So you know, can't complain about everything...

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of crashes today. Play-doh is definitely a thing even on 1X on Miramar. Frame rate was reasonably solid after initial load. The game needs a couple of *good* patches in a row where shit just gets fixed without new things breaking. R6 Siege was really almost as broken as this game on console, and now it's almost totally fixed. So that gives me some hope that they can turn things around... the bad news though is that Siege took nearly 2 years to really get into a good spot.

The final circles we had in our squad wins today ran really well though, didn't feel like I was fighting the game at all. And it seemed to be running well on OG Xbox in the endgame as well.

They really need to knock out the initial load stuff especially for the OG Xbox guys because we literally have to plan our drops around what's far enough to load reasonably soon after landing. Hot drops are basically exclusive to 1X users at the moment.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Currently spending the last 10 minutes trying to get into a game in which it stayed on the black loading screen but I could hear audio. My team said I landed and could run around. Quit several times and keep coming back to the black screen. Love this game .

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/8p8ou1/xbox_hotfix/

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the recent dev letter, the top priority for our development team is to improve optimization and stability of the game above all else.

Our next patch is planned to release on June 26. The main focus of the patch is to reduce crashing and improve performance. With our commitment to be more frequent and transparent with our communication, we will update you weekly, letting you know how we're progressing as we get closer to the June 26 patch.

With that said, today we're releasing a hotfix to reduce crashes related to a specific issue that has been identified with the 3D character render on the inventory screen. We'd like to thank all the players who reported this as a potential cause of crashes.

HOTFIX PATCH TIMING

June 7th 01:00 AM PDT / June 7th 10:00 AM CEST

The 3D character render in the inventory screen has been temporarily removed, as this was causing crashes. In our testing, after this change, crashes have decreased significantly on the Xbox One X, with S and OG having some an overall decrease in crashes as well. Once we've fixed this issue with the 3D character render, it will be added back into the game with an option to turn it on/off via the settings.

Thanks

PUBG Xbox Team

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta love that hotfix. Redownload the whole game... to disable the 3D model that's been crashing the game since launch.... that everyone was telling you was a likely source of crashes for the last 6 months. The shit's downright comical.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
New map shows how bad the old one is when it comes to loot. It sucks bc I never get the new map. The old one just isn't fun anymore due to the awful loot.

Gotta love that hotfix. Redownload the whole game... to disable the 3D model that's been crashing the game since launch.... that everyone was telling you was a likely source of crashes for the last 6 months. The shit's downright comical.

Yup and it's not even the major cause of crashes now.

The game got worse post patch like it used to due after a server reset.

The inventory scrolling glitch is still in the game. From day fucking 1 to now.

When the game does crash you hitting A to rejoin doesn't even work.

These are the worst developers I've ever seen. Complete and utter joke.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/260343-e3-free-gift/

Hello everyone,

To celebrate E3, we have a special gift for our Xbox Players. We're giving away a tracksuit set, which makes an awesome outfit when the set is worn together.

The TRACKSUIT SET contains:

• Tracksuit Top
  • Tracksuit Pants
  • Bloody Sneakers

You can check out these items in the image above (shoes not shown).

Follow the simple steps below to get the TRACKSUIT SET free:

1. Find the banner at the bottom right of the lobby screen.

2. Follow the directions on the banner to receive the free TRACKSUIT SET.

3. Go to STORE -> MY ITEMS and open the TRACKSUIT SET.

4. You have now received the items!

5. Go to CUSTOMIZE -> WARDROBE to equip your new items.

You can only receive the free item set until June 18th 00:00 AM PDT / June 18th 09:00 AM CEST.

Make sure to get the items before it's too late!

Thanks,

PUBG Xbox Team

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/8pj0pr/eu_fpp_duo_will_be_disabled_temporarily/

Oct 27, 2017
Ok the matchmaking in this game has been broken for a few weeks now. I can NOT get a game at all Solo queuing in any playlist except 1-man squad which sucks. Oceana.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PUBG is an Early Access game, but did you know there's another tier to it?

It's called Literal Early Access, and it costs 500 dollars. What you get, is Early Access to the map, the loot, and the buildings.

For everyone else, you have to wait two minutes before things load in, the rubberbanding stops, and you're finally allowed to play. That is, if you don't end up fused with a wall like a fucking sci fi experiment.

I'm steamed hams rn

Last edited:

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in few weeks and like normal the game runs significantly worse than it did when the patch came in with a server reset. Truly an amazing game.

Molotov's should've been removed months ago. They're known to kill frame rate and they're useless. no reason they should still be in the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I think I am pretty much done with this game. Half a year in and no major improvements in sight. By the time they fix the framerate there'll be probably be half a dozen other BR games on Xbox. When the Switch 1.0 version of Fortnite runs significantly better than PUBG does on the X six months in, I guess it really is time to move on.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah not sure this game is ever going to run properly on xbox. It sucks not being able to drop into half the places on the map because people with the one x will load in faster than you and kill you or you rubber band for 2 minutes until someone just shoots you.

Phire Phox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing again a couple days ago after not playing for like a month and some change. Biggest change I noticed is that it no longer takes 50 years for the buildings to load in when you first drop in on Xbox One Phat. It pretty much is loaded in when your feet hit the ground. One of my biggest gripes with it and its been fixed.

Also, got my first solo chicken dinner today!

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know why the Miramar map is so broken on the Xbox?

Like it literally memory crashes my friends Xbox and mine all the time. It takes forever to load on the Xbox One X (usually I appear when I am on the map already getting killed) and then sometimes it barely wants to load while I struggle to move around the map.

I HATE this map! I find myself quitting many times in hopes to play the original map where it is way more stable.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Tried to play some last night. Game is in a really rough spot. Can't hot drop because it takes so long to load buildings for my friends without the one x, and if you get away from the flight path to avoid enemies early and play a long round at least one person on the squad is going to have their game crash at some point. Definitely the worst the game has performed since it launched. I can't decide if I would call it a playable state or not.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play some last night. Game is in a really rough spot. Can't hot drop because it takes so long to load buildings for my friends without the one x, and if you get away from the flight path to avoid enemies early and play a long round at least one person on the squad is going to have their game crash at some point. Definitely the worst the game has performed since it launched. I can't decide if I would call it a playable state or not.

Solo FPP on the X is mostly playable. But even then the framerate can fuck up, and crashes can happen. Squad has been a miserable experience for the longest time.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/267385-community-event-headhunter/

Hello PUBG Xbox Community,

Everybody knows the old "spray and pray" tactic. See enemy, fire at enemy until they stop moving. For our first ever Xbox Community Event however, we're challenging players to refine their aim and work together to achieve the ultimate shooter targeting goal. In a couple words? Boom, Headshot.

Event Period: June 20th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST ~ June 27th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST

What's the Challenge?

We want to see our Community earn a collective 4,000,000 Headshots within a week. M24, Shotgun, Crossbow, the method is up to you, as long as the Community works together to achieve this grand goal!

How to participate?

Everyone who plays at least one round during the event period (and earns at least 1 BP) will be eligible for the prize, should the Community complete the task.

What's the prize?

4PluWxrT4reh3o-lJDCSzR_ptwviE1lP8aZIq3eNQHpBanGMOL_sXoh6Azj7cfylOt4BvOnxZ0mc2e_sd9mYO5LxPR_gfdY6oRM82fg_R3BwO0w2-18z3_Q9Mm3AGvTIrq7MNePd
hCrxTymlsnQ0NrsNQrsKMmFCY05G0gq4zju3uv4XQLYk-vmkxPOZqNRwGAN9PUn3Cm_v00mnc9hbFezKCN2xhQNR5Zz4l4r6gne5pOZzY23k61gtd2uUQzJv-4cLoPCUhkgtVfeW

Every eligible participant will receive the Bloody Shirt & Fingerless Gloves cosmetic items!

You can track the community's progression of the event goal with posts on June 22 and June 25, with the final results revealed on June 27.

Thanks

PUBG Xbox Team

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/8s8g0y/hotfix_june_20/

Hello everyone,

Today we're sending out a hotfix with the primary purpose of improving stability and reducing the number of crashes players experience. A major bug fix is also included in this update. We will continue to release the update in multiple parts to give our players a better experience as early as possible!

PATCH TIMING June 20th 01:00 AM PDT / June 20th 10:00 AM CEST

PATCH CONTENT

Stability: A memory leak was fixed regarding character renders, increasing efficiency of the process and reducing crashes. This will help with reducing crashes when playing for a long duration.

To explain this in more detail, each time a scene was changed, (Start Screen ← → Lobby ← → Ingame) the memory being cached for character rendering was leaking. This means that the cached memory wasn't being released, reducing the amount of available memory every time a scene was changed.

In game, the memory is cached for every character within a 1km radius around you. This meant that when you died, causing a scene change back to the lobby, the cached memory was leaked for all characters within the 1km radius around you and became unusable memory. When transitioning to different scenes to and from the lobby, cached memory for up to 4 characters was being leaked (depending on party size).

This means that upon entering a new game, returning to the lobby or start screen, each time the amount of available memory would be reduced until reaching the 'out of memory' phase, which increases the probability of crashing.

Simply put, character renders stored in cached memory weren't being released from the cache correctly, causing large amounts of memory to become unusable. Over time, this would cause the game to enter the 'out of memory' phase unnecessarily, increasing the probability of crashes.

Stability - Level Streaming: We've made improvements to level streaming logic which will reduce crashes. The process of loading resources while simultaneously offloading the oldest stored resources has been made more efficient. The total number of resources stored has been lowered.

Bug fixes: Fixed a bug where vehicles would sometimes lift off the ground and spin rapidly

Our number one priority is to improve performance and stability.

Today's update brings meaningful improvements to stability, reducing crashes, especially over long gaming sessions.This doesn't mean that all crashes will be gone, there are still many causes of crashes which we're working hard to fix as soon as possible.

Performance improvements are still fully focused by our engineers and we hope to have it improved as soon as possible. Based on player feedback, we're prioritizing improvements to increase performance at the start of the game when landing, as well as when driving vehicles.

We'll keep you updated with our progress as we work towards the next patch/hotfix.

Going forward, we will be providing more frequent updates to improve performance, stability and to fix important bugs. We will be pushing these updates as soon as they're ready to go, rather than waiting to include many different improvements in one major update.

Thanks PUBG Xbox Team

Oct 26, 2017
So messed up and laggy right now. Had a game where the parachutes basically didn't work... couldn't get your downward speed under 45kph or so, couldn't get any forward momentum. Now every game it's taking an extra 2-3 seconds for every single loot pickup. I'd blame the 'hotfix' but it was working ok earlier today.

Oct 28, 2017
I loaded this up for one "quick" game yesterday. Well over a week since I last played it. Once again the menu music is blaring out letting me know that my controller settings have switched from Type B back to Type A. Seriously, EVERY SINGLE TIME I load the game up my settings have defaulted back to their original form.

Hopped into a game. No problems at all with the match making. But then I'm sat at the splash screen for minutes. I'm wondering if it's crashed but the buffering at the bottom corner keeps appearing so I assume it's just taking it's time. It eventually loads up and I'm immediately thrown out of the plane because there's no more map for me to go. The plane had literally gone from one end of the map to the other before I had been loaded into the game.

It's absolutely astonishing how every time I load this game up it gets worse.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/268300-community-event-headhunter-1st-progression/

Hello PUBG XBox Community,

It's our third day into the Headhunter Community Event and so far you've all amassed a neck-snapping 1,147,832 HEADSHOT KILLS of the 4,000,000 goal!

There are still many domes out there ripe for the popping, so get your shots in before the event ends on June 27th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST to finish off those last 2,852,168 headshot kills. Great work so far! Our next progression snapshot will be on June 25th.

For event details and prizes please see: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/267385-community-event-headhunter/

Thanks

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/269694-community-event-headhunter-2nd-progression/

Things are heating up as we draw close to the end of our very first Community Event! With just 2 days left to go in Headhunter, the Xbox Community has scored an impressive 3,208,954 headshots of the 4,000,000 goal!

Time is running out, so now's the time to polish up that 8x and send some metal into the melons of your enemies. Final results will be tallied after the event ends on June 27th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST so stay tuned to find out if the Community has completed its task!

For event details and prizes please see: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/267385-community-event-headhunter/

Oct 26, 2017
Remember the post for the patch supposedly coming on June 26th where they promised they would detail and preview this huge amazing update? Yeah, post 2 never happened and as far as I can tell. I give zero shits about the community event, how about they at least deliver the transparency they promised. Is anything getting fixed tomorrow? Is it delayed? How many community managers do they need to disseminate basic information?

Edit: Looks like the patch is a go for Jun 26 1AM PDT... will they bother with patch notes before it hits? Who knows. But it better be good.

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Patch notes grabbed from Reddit. I assume this is OK to post:

"Hello everyone,

This is our promised June 26 patch. The entire focus of this patch is optimization and stabilization, to improve the player experience. No additional content is being introduced with this patch.

Recently, we released two hotfixes with improvements originally planned to be included in this patch, as they were ready earlier than expected and we wanted to get them to you as soon as possible.

The hotfix addressed a memory leak issue and this hotfix reduced the number of crashes remarkably. Our matchmaking hotfix improved matchmaking logic, to reduce instances of players being stuck in queues for a very long time. Some players are expressing concern that they're still having issues with lengthy matchmaking times, we plan to release a dev letter later in the week to address this.

Now let's get into the improvements we've made this patch!

PATCH TIMING

June 26th 01:00 AM PDT / June 26th 10:00 AM CEST

Stability

Two changes have been made to reduce crashes related to being "out of memory".
  • We've optimized the total memory required by both maps, with a significant reduction in total memory required for Miramar.
  • The UI has been optimized to use less resources.

Even without any memory leaks, there are instances where players would crash due to being "out of memory". This is mostly due to the huge amount of memory required to process maps. We've reduced the total amount of memory needed to process each map by a remarkable amount, which will lead to fewer crashes.

There are still crashes to fix. Our goal is to prevent crashes entirely, for all our players. We will continue to work as hard we can to improve stability.

Optimization

As we've mentioned in previous dev letters, our team is prioritizing making improvements which will increase performance at the start of the game when landing, as well as when driving vehicles, as these have been the most common areas of performance related complaints from our players.

PUBG tries to load all resources within a 1km radius of your player to ensure you're seeing everything you need to see, to properly enjoy the Battle Royale experience. Although, loading all resources within that radius is negatively impacting performance. We're continually making improvements to the way resources are handled to improve optimization.

We've already implemented prediction-based level streaming and elastic control for characters, which are two examples of systems which reduce the loading of unnecessary resources. We will continue to work on and improve the efficiency of these systems, to improve performance.

Below are all the performance related improvements we've made this patch.
  • Character movement has been optimized to use less resources and improve performance.
    • In our patch preview, we said that we're aiming to reduce the total resources required to render characters by 50%. This is still our goal, but requires further testing to ensure stability. We'll keep you updated on our progress.
  • Vehicle location updates have been made more efficient for stationary vehicles to improve performance.
    • The position of every vehicle in a 1km of your player is updated very frequently, to ensure vehicle movement is as smooth as possible. Prior to this patch, frequent vehicle location updates were also being requested for every stationary vehicle in a 1km radius of your player, negatively impacting performance. We've changed the way locations are updated for stationary vehicles, which will improve performance.
  • Vehicle effects have been optimized to improve performance, without affecting visual quality.
    • When vehicles were moving, many resources were being used to generate visual effects. We've optimized the effects without diminishing their visual quality, to improve overall game performance.
  • Bullet impact effects will no-longer consume resources if they aren't seen by the player.
    • When bullets impact any surface, an effect is displayed. Previously, all bullet impact effects within a 1km radius of the player were consuming resources, even if the effect wasn't directly seen by the player. Due to the sheer number of bullet impacts that can occur in a 1km radius of the player, having all of these effects consume resources was negatively impacting performance. Now, bullet impacts not directly seen by the player will not consume resources, improving performance, especially in close quarters combat.
  • Character shadow rendering has been optimized to improve performance.
    • While we've tried to have each character shadow be an entirely accurate representation of the player, both in shape and movement, this was having a negative impact on performance. We have changed the shape and movement of character shadows to significantly reduce their impact on performance.
  • Terrain and grass have been optimized on both maps (Miramar/Erangel) to increase performance.
  • We've made two additional changes to improve world loading times when landing:
    • Parachutes have been optimized, they now use less resources.
    • The physics while free falling have been optimized.
      • The efficiency of the physics used while free falling upon exiting the plane has been improved. With this change, bullets will no longer be able to impact players in free fall. Players can still be shot while parachuting, this change only applies to free falling players, prior to opening their parachute. As it's almost impossible to get to the ground, pick up a gun, and shoot someone who is free falling through the air, this change will not negatively impact gameplay, but will improve world loading times when landing.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes footsteps weren't heard during or after ADS.
  • Fixed a bug where the position of teammates sometimes wouldn't display correctly on the minimap.

We will continue to push out updates and hotfixes as quickly as possible, to improve the player experience.

Thanks"

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
And now after reading those patch notes, ill go play a game tonight and it will feel exactly the same.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/8uhafe/june_28th_hotfix/

Hello everyone,

We're putting out a hotfix today with changes to the lobby, server, and a potential fix to the 'ready bug'.

PATCH TIMING

June 28th 01:00 AM PDT / June 28th 10:00 AM CEST - Connecting to lobby will be unstable for approximately 10 minutes.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where match type not being shown after creating character.
    • This bugfix has somewhat relevance with the 'ready button bug' that caused frustration of many players. Often the ready button would disappear, especially after finishing a duo/squad match. This could potentially fix the 'ready button bug'. Please give us your feedback and let us know if you're still experiencing this problem after the hotfix, so we can ensure this is completely fixed.
  • Minor Server fixes

• Minor Lobby fixes

Thanks

PUBG Xbox Team

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Once again screwed over bc of how poor this game runs. Three kids in the final 4 shooting at one motorcycle and it takes no damage bc of the shit hit detection and desync issues. He then drives through a plane. He warped right through it and then came behind us as we're looking around in disbelief. Unbelievable trash.

Today I got one shotted with a level three helmet. I'm hitting kids in the head with a kar and they're not even going down. Just an inconsistent mess.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/272921-community-event-snipe-city/

Phew, 4,000,000 headshots was quite the goal, but you've all achieved it with flying colors (mostly red). For this week's challenge, we're staying in the same general theme, but narrowing things down a bit. Welcome to Snipe City!

What's the Challenge?

We spent the whole last week getting you ready with those headshots, now we want to see our community earn a collective 400,000 kills using Sniper Rifles! The M24 and Kar98, specifically. You don't have to hit them in the head, as long as they're not moving by the time you hear the satisfying metal clank of that bolt-action sliding back.

How to participate?

Everyone who plays at least one round during the event period (and earns at least 1 BP) will be eligible for the prize, should the community complete the task.

What's the prize?

Every eligible participant will receive Bloody Tank Top, Padded Jacket and 2 Militia Crates!

You can track the community's progression of the event goal with posts on July 6 and July 9, with the final results revealed on July 11.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I remeber reading that pc had a weapon balance patch to make the smg more viable in cqc. Is this also true for Xbox?

Oct 26, 2017
Ya know, every once in a long while......

https://streamable.com/o28xa

I remeber reading that pc had a weapon balance patch to make the smg more viable in cqc. Is this also true for Xbox?
Nah, Xbox is way behind on the big rebalance. It also doesn't have 3x, 6x, half grip, lightweight grip, thumb grip, the SLR, or duckbill choke. And it's missing the rebalance of care packages and L3 helmets as well.