• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me at how badly this game still runs.

Have awesome memories with it which makes me come back to it from time to time, but after wasting dozens of hours on Fortnite and getting the BR itch sratched by Blackout, whenever I jump back to PUBG it feels like going back a generation to those late 360/PS3 multiplayer titles that were heavily dialed back in scope and performance (see Battlefield 3 having 24 players and sub-30fps as opposed to the PC version with its 64 players and more stable performance with beefy hardware). Hard to bother anymore, but I'm still looking out for news and additions which I usually try.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/aec15g/pts_closure_announcement/

Hey everyone,
A quick heads up: Public Test Servers (PTS) will officially be closing on January 14! If you haven't yet jumped into the PTS to test out upcoming content, now is the time to do so.
The PTS content includes the new map, Vikendi, the Snowmobile, two new weapons, and more.
  • For full PTS patch notes, please see: [Xbox] [PS4]
  • PTS feedback reports can be submitted here: [Xbox] [PS4]
  • PTS bug reports can be submitted here: [Xbox] [PS4]
The PTS will close on January 14 at 12am PST / 9am CET / 5pm KST.
The team is hard at work and looking at your reports from the PTS to prepare for the upcoming live server content update. Please stay tuned for more details on the release date.
A heartfelt thanks for helping us test out upcoming content and for taking the time to leave us your thoughts and bug reports!

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/aiiicm/vikendi_pack_and_vikendi_edition/

Hey everyone,

With the release of our new map, Vikendi, we are excited to unveil two special Vikendi bundles that will be available to purchase starting January 22. Both bundles include the exclusive Military Uniform Set, which can only be attained through one of these bundles!
Vikendi Edition ($54.49 USD)
The Vikendi Edition is perfect for those who have not yet picked up the base game but want to join in on the PUBG action!
The Vikendi Edition includes the following:
  • Base Game
  • Public Test Server (PTS)
  • 2,300 G-Coin
  • Survivor Pass: Vikendi
  • Military Uniform Set (Female version)
    • Can be worn by both male and female characters
Vikendi Pack ($24.99 USD)
The Vikendi Pack is also available for those who already have the base game, but want to pick up the new Survivor Pass: Vikendi along with other valuable bonuses!
The Vikendi Pack includes the following:
  • 2,300 G-Coin
  • Survivor Pass: Vikendi
  • Military Uniform Set (Female)
    • Can be worn by both male and female characters
These bundles will be available for purchase until March 28 PST 00:00 / CET 09:00.

If you are interested in purchasing one of these bundles, please head to the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store.

Thanks,PUBG Console Team

Oct 26, 2017
Game is an embarrassing piece of shit on Xbox. What's funny is that at least on One X, for a period of a couple of months... the map would at least load in. Now it's this shit pretty much anywhere I drop. External 7200RPM drive or internal, makes no difference:

Got to love the minor victory of getting into the tower and acquiring a weapon. You *used* to be able to vault out of that black door back into the world but I guess they "fixed" that, so that if you fall under you're a goner.

They still can't make a menu that even vaguely works, wtf is it even doing?

No wonder you can't get a full FPP lobby after like 10pm pacific time even during launch week for a new map.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Game is an embarrassing piece of shit on Xbox. What's funny is that at least on One X, for a period of a couple of months... the map would at least load in. Now it's this shit pretty much anywhere I drop. External 7200RPM drive or internal, makes no difference:

Got to love the minor victory of getting into the tower and acquiring a weapon. You *used* to be able to vault out of that black door back into the world but I guess they "fixed" that, so that if you fall under you're a goner.

They still can't make a menu that even vaguely works, wtf is it even doing?

No wonder you can't get a full FPP lobby after like 10pm pacific time even during launch week for a new map.

shit that's bad

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Most of these problems were in the test build and they went ahead and released it. Most of their updates have broken the game even more. It's like they don't even do any testing. They added region lock to this update and said it should help with desync but desync is now worse than it's been in months.

I'm just taking this game in because I don't think I'll ever see a game this popular that is a technical mess in all aspects ever again.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://forums.pubg.com/topic/324255-xbox-vikendi-scavenger-hunt/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/ajsrr1/a_quick_update_from_the_team/

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback and bug reports since our Vikendi update on January 22. We understand that there are a number of critical issues with this update and apologize for the frustration caused.

We are currently working hard to release a hotfix which targets many of these issues. Please be aware that some bug fixes may take longer than others.
We're aiming to deploy an initial hotfix sometime next week, so please stay tuned for further details and patch notes.
As a note, there will be no console dev report this week as the team is currently focused on the hotfix.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Thanks,
PUBG Console Team

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/al3f7v/january_30_hotfix_patch_notes/

Hello Survivors,
On January 30, will be applying a hotfix to the live servers to resolve several bugs reported to us over the past week. Due to the complexity of some of the issues, we were unable to resolve them all in time for inclusion in this hotfix. We are working as hard as we can to resolve the remaining issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for the valuable feedback and bug reports provided so far, as well as your patience and understanding!

Maintenance Schedule
CET: January 30 8AM-11AM
PST: January 29 11PM - January 30 2AM

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes "PLAY"/"READY" button would not function correctly (XBOX ONLY)
  • Fixed an issue where a party member's character would intermittently not appear in the lobby
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable able to move to "CAREERS" tab in the "SEASON" menu
  • Fixed an issue where you were unable to pick up the wanted quantity of an item from a loot box
  • Fixed bugs related to Survivor Pass: Vikendi
  • Fixed an issue where the mission list language would not update after changing the language in SETTINGS
  • Fixed an issue where a UI button would be placed incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue where main weapons were not equipped if selected immediately after throwing a molotov
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes main weapons were not equipped in certain situations
  • Fixed an issue where "Now you see me now you don't" achievement could not be achieved on Vikendi
  • Fixed mistyped information on the "SEASON - Survivor Point" page

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/aok1ut/an_update_from_the_dev_team_feb_8/

Hello everyone,
Over the last few weeks, many of our players have been experiencing performance issues on the new map, Vikendi. Specifically, players are experiencing long rendering/loading times or vehicles flying and/or falling through the map.
We know these issues in particular have been big pain points for the community, and we're sorry for any frustration caused by them. We'd like to take some time today to explain why these issues are happening and what we're doing to fix them.
Rendering/Loading
Vikendi is composed of a lot of Static Mesh, and the Material/Textures used are larger than other maps. This means that loading times are naturally longer, which is why we added some optimizations to help reduce the level loading time.
Despite the optimizations, the delay remains due to the sheer amount of textures used on Vikendi.
The game can only load a limited amount of files simultaneously. Items that must be loaded (Level and Texture Loading) go to the Loading Queue, and are loaded one at a time. While Vikendi was optimized for loading, we suspect that the loading wait time is becoming longer because the textures used on Vikendi are larger than other maps, thus forcing large amounts of data in the Loading Queue.
In addition, since Vikendi was designed to have many small villages, the size/position of the Grid became different from the existing maps, causing many borders to overlap. To reduce the size and frequency of the hitches, the grid was divided into smaller sizes which reduced the amount of data and boosted the loading speed. However, if a player covers a long distance too fast, they could incur larger Loading Tasks.
The ground has the highest loading priority, loading faster than the nearest buildings. However, if the player rides a vehicle and crosses borders continuously, more Loading Tasks are created and added to the queue. If other external factors occur, creating a situation where they interfere with the loading, it may cause the large delay players have been experiencing.
Flying/Falling Vehicles
This is caused by the Level of Detail (LOD) 0 not being loaded in the area where the player is positioned (this can technically happen on any map). If LOD 0 is not loaded in due to the delayed queue, the result is situations where vehicles are either flying above or falling below the ground.
Optimizations were made to secure memory for the ground height-field collision and were implemented on the December PTS before being pushed to live in January.
Before this optimization, there was collision data memory for the whole map, so even if loading takes a long time, the player would not fly above or fall below the ground standing on LOD 1. It seems that the flying/falling bug is caused because there is no collision data for LOD 1 after the optimization.
What we're doing
We're working on further optimizing the Loading Queue so that building assets will load in faster. We're also looking into keeping the collision data in the memory from before the optimization mentioned above - but this could have its own downsides so we will need to monitor it closely.
As we tackle these issues, we'll continue to provide updates when any progress is made. And of course, we'll be sure to announce when we're deploying any patches to help with these issues. We don't have an exact ETA for fixes to provide as of yet, but we'll provide another update in the near future.
As always, thank you for your patience.
Thanks,
PUBG Console Team

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/ar0mxc/an_update_from_the_dev_team_feb_15/

Hello everyone,
Today we wanted to provide an update on the Vikendi performance issues that many of you have been experiencing (rendering and falling/flying vehicles and characters). If you missed last week's update where we walked through some of the technical difficulties that we have been facing, please feel free to take a read here.
We are happy to inform you that the team is preparing a hotfix to roll out some improvements and fixes for these issues. This hotfix is tentatively scheduled for February 28.
Below is what the hotfix will be addressing:
  • Fix the issue where vehicles going at high speeds could fly or fall through the map (applies to the map Miramar as well)
  • Increase the size of the texture streaming pool to cache in memory
    • This will be done to improve rendering times
  • Fix the issue where LOD 1 does not load, causing buildings to not load at all
To dive a bit deeper into the Level of Detail issue, we'll describe Level of Detail (LOD) 1 as "playdough" detail and LOD 0 as full detail (100% rendered).
  • Before the January 22 update, players were able to at least see actual buildings in "playdough" detail. Then, textures would gradually load until LOD 0 was achieved.
  • After the January 22 update, LOD 1 stopped loading until LOD 0 was achieved. When LOD 1 does not load, this skips the "playdough" step, causing buildings to not load at all. This is currently what is happening on Vikendi. Without LOD 1, the state of building rendering is either at 0% or 100% (LOD 0), which means no buildings at all -> 100% fully detailed buildings.
We're hard at work hammering on these issues to deliver a stable hotfix on February 28. We want to thank you all for your patience, and we'll be sure to update everyone with official patch notes as we get closer to deployment.
Thanks,
PUBG Console Team

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/avjrsa/update_from_the_dev_team_feb_27/

Hello everyone,
Since the Vikendi update in January, many of our players have been experiencing performance issues. As we previously stated on February 15, our dev team has been focusing on fixing these issues, with a tentative update scheduled for February 28.
Sadly, due to technical issues which would result in further harm to game stability, we made the difficult decision to push back the patch date to March 5.
Also, some players reported that they were being matched to servers outside of their region, causing high pings, network lag, desync, and instances of rubberbanding. This was resolved with a server-side patch on February 27 and players will now be matched into their local region, unless the matchmaking pool of the region is too small. Please let us know if this issue persists, we will be keeping an eye out for reports regarding this issue.
We know that many of you have been waiting for this update to hit the live servers, and we're sorry to have let you down. We're working our hardest to resolve the technical issues and deliver a stable update next week.
To thank you for sticking with us through all of these issues we are also preparing a token of our appreciation. We will give you more information on this and how it will be distributed as we get closer to March 5.
Thank you all for your patience.
PUBG Console Team

Oct 28, 2017
I played this the other day for the first time since before Christmas. It's laughable the state that it's still in.

Took my friends and I about 5 minutes of pissing about trying to get into a game, we'd be inviting, then leaving, then getting someone else to host. No matter what we did they'd always be at least one of us unable to ready up.

When we finally got into a game it's still as broken as day one (maybe even more so). Map still doesn't load when parachuting down. One of our group immediately got stuck underneath the castle on the snow map.

And to think Apex Legends released without any kind of hitch as a free to play game. Shocking.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played this the other day for the first time since before Christmas. It's laughable the state that it's still in.

Took my friends and I about 5 minutes of pissing about trying to get into a game, we'd be inviting, then leaving, then getting someone else to host. No matter what we did they'd always be at least one of us unable to ready up.

When we finally got into a game it's still as broken as day one (maybe even more so). Map still doesn't load when parachuting down. One of our group immediately got stuck underneath the castle on the snow map.

And to think Apex Legends released without any kind of hitch as a free to play game. Shocking.

I also hop in every now and then, still subbed to this thread as well just to see whether something big changes, but it really doesn't. At this point, with Blackout out, Apex Legends kicking ass, the mobile version of PUBG running significantly better than this one... thanks for the memories, it was a good ride while it lasted, but it boggles my mind that 14 months after the initial Game Preview launch the game is still in these conditions. Got dem ARK flashbacks.

Oct 26, 2017
So, new patch, same bullshit: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pegasus-actual/video/70565150

Well ok, slightly different bullshit because they did as promised bring back Play-doh... so instead of trying to avoid falling through the map, which I actually had gotten decent at in Castle, I instead just got stuck in a wall.

So fuck it, loading clearly doesn't work, so I tried going for the loot cave... successfully got it, spent the rest of the game chasing the other care packages for funsies and kills...

And then...

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/pegasus-actual/video/70565273

Stuck between a rock and a hard place... now I didn't even want to take that position, but I was trying to loot a guy I killed on the care package in case he had more AWM ammo for me. But of course I had the cool glitch where you can't loot stuff next to the care package even though it shows up on the loot menu, so I shifted around and shifted around trying to get it to work, and see just what the fuck was in the care package.

Trash tier devs. But I mean, what do you expect from Bluehole's JV squad?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really regret buying this game day one on xbox, I played a couple of matches, got a win and never went back and it seems this hasn't got any better since.

I spent over 270 hours on PC and was looking forward to spending just the same amount of time on xbox with my console buddies. What a shame.

Oct 25, 2017
Played this game for the first time since Blackout got released. Played a solo match while I waited for my friends to get online. Got a couple of kills and did ok despite the rust. First match playing with my friends on the snow map and both me and one of my friends fell through the map and couldn't get out.

How is this game still broken after all this time?!?

Don't get me wrong, the game has a lot of good qualities about it, but the fact that this game still has jank and loading issues after all this time. Man, how disappointing. I really hope they fix this game at some point, but the decision I made to move on to better implemented BRs was the right one.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
This question is more 4k related than Pubg but it's something I tested when playing this game.
What's the point of TV's and games advertising in 4K if the input lag is going to ruin the gameplay.
I just run all games in game mode but I've seen how amazing this game looks on a One X in 4k but once you turn on game mode (HDR) the quality does drop.

On a side note, I've fallen through the snow map randomly before where I was just swimming until I magically appeared somewhere else on the map again.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017

I've NEVER experienced a toxic team until this policy went into effect.
I ran a squad with 3 strangers who were probably in party chat.
I'm looting a room and a member tried to kill me but I got the drop on him before he could do it. His next 2 friends attempt the same before I finish them off.
Next game the same thing happens with 1 of my teammates only I managed to escape since I didn't want to kill him.

Nothing better than the rush of winning solo on squads.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, you are single-handedly keeping this thread alive, eh?

I play on Xbox with a group pretty regularly and we are all waiting for the new Erengel. Has there been any word on when consoles are getting that?

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
Ibiza, you are single-handedly keeping this thread alive, eh?

I play on Xbox with a group pretty regularly and we are all waiting for the new Erengel. Has there been any word on when consoles are getting that?
Season 4 will also be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game this summer, although no exact date has been announced just yet.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 will also be coming to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game this summer, although no exact date has been announced just yet.

I'm looking forward to that update, I wonder if it will be enough to pull me back in. Last I played was around December and boy was the game rough. I'm hearing it's better nowadays but may as well wait for the "big one".

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
13GB update last night. Thinking its probably the Erengel update and now we just gotta wait for them to go live with it.

Has there been any word on when Survivor Pass 4 begins?