• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of times this game has crashed is hilarious.

Yep, the game is broken & not even ready for the game preview program : (

Yesterday I couldnt even finish a game on squads, crashed 8 times.

Cant recommend my buddies to get it yet. Avoid it guys. Game is fun ? Yeah but not worth it rn.

This is the biggest problem I see with the early acces/game preview programs, gives corporations in a desesperate situation , like Ms right now, a backdoor to realease broken games.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Cant recommend my buddies to get it yet. Avoid it guys. Game is fun ? Yeah but not worth it rn.

This is the biggest problem I see with the early acces/game preview programs, gives corporations in a desesperate situation , like Ms right now, a backdoor to realease broken games.

Its crashed once for me in 10 hours of play. And after restarting I could re-enter the game in which I was previously in. Pretty amazing stuff that. So I disagree that it is "broken".

Also MS in a "desperate situation". That's hilarious. Do you know how much money they make a quarter?

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its crashed once for me in 10 hours of play. And after restarting I could re-enter the game in which I was previously in. Pretty amazing stuff that. So I disagree that it is "broken".

Also MS in a "desperate situation". That's hilarious. Do you know how much money they make a quarter?

Game being broken right now is a fact, is not debatable. Is fun too, when it isnt crashing, I can deal with lag and bad framerate but I cant play a game that is constantly crashing lol.

And MS "desesperate situation" refers to PS4 & Switch selling more than Xbox and MS having nothing hot to sell machines, thats a fact too.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
That feeling when you get scar-l and 4x scope, and the game crashes.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Game being broken right now is a fact, is not debatable. Is fun too, when it isnt crashing, I can deal with lag and bad framerate but I cant play a game that is constantly crashing lol.

And MS "desesperate situation" refers to PS4 & Switch selling more than Xbox and MS having nothing hot to sell machines, thats a fact too.

It crashes for you, but like I say, 1 crash in over 10 hours. Can't complain for a preview game, I've had much worse experiences. ACO crashed more for me in my first 5 hours. It turned my console off completely twice. And that was not early access.

Your second point is just stretching. This game was coming preview early access. Its 6 months behind the PC build. It had the same problems on PC at this stage. I bet it is fixed quicker too. Xbox also just had its best November this generation in the US. I mean we all know that they are well behind Sony. But that doesn't equate to desperate. Their profits are increasing and if MS were ever actually desperate Xbox would simply be sold off or go, full stop.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I want to like this game so much, I just don't think I'm very good at it.

That's what I've heard people say although I personally cannot confirm.

I worked so hard earlier, I'm getting great equipment and loot, 20 minutes into the game crossing a field and I get run over lol. :(
Dude, why the triple post? And practice makes perfect. Nobody is a skilled player when the game is freshly released

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, any tips for finding vehicles more consistently? I usually land to areas with a couple houses and overly crowded, nothing overly crowded to avoid getting killed in half a second, but that often leaves me with no vehicles as I spend 10-15 minutes just running from circle to circle. The vehicles are also spawned randomly, right?

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude, why the triple post? And practice makes perfect. Nobody is a skilled player when the game is freshly released

This form move so fast I assumed that there would be Posts in between mine. And I don't know about that I am seeing a lot of good people online and during streams. Maybe because they have played it on PC and I haven't.

borges

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Argentina

Steam is a desperate corporation, as well?
Other than that, I had a few crashes, but nothing so dramatic as you mention. Indeed, PUBG is inmuch better shape that most previous game previews Ive tried in the past.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
So, any tips for finding vehicles more consistently? I usually land to areas with a couple houses and overly crowded, nothing overly crowded to avoid getting killed in half a second, but that often leaves me with no vehicles as I spend 10-15 minutes just running from circle to circle. The vehicles are also spawned randomly, right?

I don't know if vehicles are spawned randomly but one would assume so. I have the best luck finding a vehicle if I follow the big paved roads. Vehicles are parked on the side of the road.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah vehicle spawns are random. They'll often spawn in garages and usually at the sides of roads. So stick to main roads and you'll hopefully find more. They're intentionally not common! There's nothing like rolling round the map in a Duo with one player sat on the back of a buggy...

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Dont think having the most played game in the world as a desperate move..its a smart decision which if sony ever does get this released on their console they can thank MS for having an extended beta and ironing out all the kinks through the preview program
im loving playing this with my xbox Friends and now they have added local servers the game runs so much smoother for me now..... will probably take a few patches to iron out the performance issues and bugs but by the looks of it they are listening actively

The core PUBG experience is there...they have defiantly nailed that

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I want to like this game so much, I just don't think I'm very good at it.

Half the game is knowing how to traverse the map and using the environment to your advantage.

Here's a few things I've worked out during my 8 hours with the game:
1. when on the plane:
I use the trajectory of the plane to figure out where there's no people. Let's say the plane goes from west to east just above the bridges to the millitary base. I know that people can't parachute all the way to the top of the map so it's likely that no people are there.

2. Parachuting:
I will parachute late. Most people have already left the plane so chances that I will land with someone else is minimal. I will land at an area with 3-4 houses. When freefall is over and the chute opens I hold RB to look around to see if other players are landing near me.

3. On the ground:
If noone is near me I will loot the 3-4 houses. If someone does land near me I take note of where. They will obviously look for loot, so I loot 1 house and run and preferably North in this case.

4. The first circle:
Let's say the first circle is smack in the middle of the map. I will try and find a vehicle while still running North. Because of the trajectory of the plane I know that North of the circle has the least possibility of other players. If on foot I will run towards the North side and loot houses on the way. If in a vehicle I will drive all the way to the North and loot there.

5. Managing the circle:
Once a circle has closed I will wait about 30 seconds at the border of the circle. Someone could be in the electricity still and I don't like being shot in the back. Move from cover to cover and avoid open fields.

This might be the cowards way of playing but it has worked very well for me so far.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Where's the skill exactly in running over players with cars? Reached top 3 and someone ran over me with a car :)

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Half the game is knowing how to traverse the map and using the environment to your advantage.

1. when on the plane:
I use the trajectory of the plane to figure out where there's no people. Let's say the plane goes from west to east just above the bridges to the millitary base. I know that people can't parachute all the way to the top of the map so it's likely that no people are there.

2. Parachuting:
I will parachute late. Most people have already left the plane so chances that I will land with someone else is minimal. I will land at an area with 3-4 houses. When freefall is over and the chute opens I hold RB to look around to see if other players are landing near me.

3. On the ground:
If noone is near me I will loot the 3-4 houses. If someone does land near me I take note of where. They will obviously look for loot, so I loot 1 house and run and preferably North in this case.

4. The first circle:
Let's say the first circle is smack in the middle of the map. I will try and find a vehicle while still running North. Because of the trajectory of the plane I know that North of the circle has the least possibility of other players. If on foot I will run towards the North side and loot houses on the way. If in a vehicle I will drive all the way to the North and loot there.

5. Managing the circle:
Once a circle has closed I will wait about 30 seconds at the border of the circle. Someone could be in the electricity still and I don't like being shot in the back. Move from cover to cover and avoid open fields.

This might be the cowards way of playing but it has worked very well for me so far.

This is what I do too. Some of the issues with this approach are:

1) Its often down to the luck of where the circle spawns and your ability to find a vehicle. Getting into each circle late is often a recipe for disaster.
2) As people are starting to skill up on the Xbox version it gets harder to move from place to place as sniping is starting to become a thing.
3) As above vehicles are a big threat if you can't find one yourself.
4) You sometimes find yourself needing to cover too much ground so waiting by the edge isn't an option.

Although it is counter to every strategy going I sometimes find holing up near the centre of a circle and trying to keep the need to move from cover to cover as minimal as possible works as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

1. when on the plane:

2. Parachuting:

3. On the ground:

4. The first circle:

5. Managing the circle:

Great Tactics
For me

1) there are usual hotspots that you dont go to unless you want to get fucked up (school/Military base/Porchenki)...or if your rolling with a squad it can be fun

2) The looking around can be bugged at the moment due to the lag....if you chute earlier it works better but if you happen to land in a spot with others you are fucked as they have looted

3) As long as you have 1 gun you should be ok until the next area.....i quite often do the same

4) You may get caught out sometimes..good tactic is to use your car as cover and circle the edges of maps/houses and work your way in....it also gets you an idea on where people are as you cant aim for shit with a controller on moving targets so if they fire on you they not only reveal themselves to you but to others

5) the last 3 circles can kill you very quickly...the last 2 are pretty much prone crawl to next area..when the dessert map is released its a little better as there is no long grass to hide in but just remember high ground is king and dark areas/shade hide you (particularly on hdr sets)

And my personal tip...surround sound....if you are getting shot at in a built up area dont be afraid at loading a few shots into a nearby wall or window as it will spook the attackers...this works great if your trying to flank someone who has you lined up behind cover...those few seconds he spends checking where that window broke or where those shots bounced of will give you the chance to dart off

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
The only way to play this game honestly: http://pubg.megachris.tv/#

9932b473cde4a5cd9938fb9ba7cf2071.png

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Played 15 hrs at least and not had a single crash on the X1X. Definitely not happening to everyone. But seems people just dont understand the game preview concept.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone attempt or stream pacifist runs?

My random suggestions for rules:-

1. Don't shoot, damage or kill other players (no grenade kills, no vehicle kills)

2. Guns, grenades and ammo allowed but only for distraction purposes. Or for surpressing fire.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Phew. I know I'm repeating myself here but man ... I constantly switch between Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG and the input lag on the latter is driving me crazy. I always need an hour to get comfortable with the input lag in PUBG again after switching.

I don't care for the hiccups. I don't care for the textures. I don't care for graphical glitches. That's alright for an early preview.

But really ... Get the input lag out of this game as soon as possible please. The aiming is a lottery due to the potato aim lag way too often.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Does anyone attempt or stream pacifist runs?

My random suggestions for rules:-

1. Don't shoot, damage or kill other players (no grenade kills, no vehicle kills)

2. Guns, grenades and ammo allowed but only for distraction purposes. Or for surpressing fire.

i did this one time. someone rang the bell on my house so i left the player parachuting. to my surprise i came 5 minutes later and i was inside the circle, no one found me. all houses were looted and had to run and hide from several players that i came across. was killed at 21 but it was very nerve wrecking running into that many players and having no way to defend me.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone ever feel bad about killing players in certain situations? The other night I was moving towards the circle looking for a vehicle, when I see a guy trying to get on the bike. For a couple seconds he was standing still, probably just trying which button works to hop on. He did get on, but he took the passenger seat instead. I killed him. I may have ruined his initial impression of the game tbh.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone ever feel bad about killing players in certain situations? The other night I was moving towards the circle looking for a vehicle, when I see a guy trying to get on the bike. For a couple seconds he was standing still, probably just trying which button works to hop on. He did get on, but he took the passenger seat instead. I killed him. I may have ruined his initial impression of the game tbh.

Any time I "save" an unarmed player from a well-armed player early in a match, I feel like a dirtbag going after the unarmed player after-the-fact.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
There's something wrong with the loot drop in this game. It's like the same type of things spawn in clusters in the areas. I just landed in a village on my own and raided a dozen houses without finding a weapon better than a pistol, yet I found 3 or 4 backpacks and smoke grenades in every house. Equally, I've dropped in locations that have 10-20 shotguns and no backpacks. It just seems really strange.

Oct 26, 2017
For those who have crashes, in what situation does it crash? I've had the game crash only twice. Both in squads and both while all 4 squad members were driving in the same car.
Crashing while driving seems to happen a ton to my friends on OG Xbox Ones. For me on the X I've gotten fewer crashes. One that jumps out at me as happening more than once is hitting the inventory button while in the middle of a looting with X animation can crash it.

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
There's something wrong with the loot drop in this game. It's like the same type of things spawn in clusters in the areas. I just landed in a village on my own and raided a dozen houses without finding a weapon better than a pistol, yet I found 3 or 4 backpacks and smoke grenades in every house. Equally, I've dropped in locations that have 10-20 shotguns and no backpacks. It just seems really strange.
RNG hurts sometimes

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I was enjoying it at first but everything now feels super laggy to me, getting lots of rubberbanding early in games, then the network lag detected messages. Nothing wrong with my network here as everything else is fine but its making shooting and looting almost impossible.

DirtyDeeds

Oct 28, 2017
Armpit, USA
Xbox and MS having nothing hot to sell machines, thats a fact too.

That's opinion. All the top selling games this holiday are mulitplats, and different people have different reasons for wanting a certain console. Ecosystem, controller preference, friends, BC, best multiplats, etc. Microsoft is making plenty of money, I read that even though PS4 outsold them in November, MS turned a higher profit. So I doubt they are desperate.

Deleted member 3853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They're right though. After hundreds of hours on PC you start to notice loot clumps where if you find an item you're more likely to find a lot of that item in that area. Kind of like how in GTA when you'd go a long time without seeing a type of car then you go down a couple blocks and suddenly the car is everywhere. I imagine it's for performance reasons.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Do you think they will implement aim assist? That's one of the main things that I'm holding off from getting the console version (other than the framerate). Currently the aiming looks more frustrating than fun.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they will implement aim assist? That's one of the main things that I'm holding off from getting the console version (other than the framerate). Currently the aiming looks more frustrating than fun.

I think there are ways for them to improve aiming without aim assist, and hope that they take that path (at least at the outset).

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To me, it's the lack of aim assist that makes the game feel a lot better. My aim isn't amazing, but neither is other people's, so there's really tense battles where shooting each other from the distance really feels like a game of chess rather than a game of aim. You really gotta make your bullets count and shoot when you're sure, Otherwise you may just reveal your position for nothing. Besides, aim assist in a game that is also heavily about hiding could get a bit cheap, imagine having your enemy's aim assist randomly revealing you're crawling in the high grass.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think the elimination of aim assist is crucial to this game. I'd be pissed if they added it in.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

No, they don't need to. With a good sensitivity setting, it already feels good if not great, all they need to do is to improve the aiming a little bit more that is just feels a bit better, Rainbow Six also don't have aim assist and that feels fantastic bu you can feel the difference on how aiming feels, they need to improve it to that level, not adding aim assist.

To me, it's the lack of aim assist that makes the game feel a lot better. My aim isn't amazing, but neither is other people's, so there's really tense battles where shooting each other from the distance really feels like a game of chess rather than a game of aim. You really gotta make your bullets count and shoot when you're sure, Otherwise you may just reveal your position for nothing. Besides, aim assist in a game that is also heavily about hiding could get a bit cheap, imagine having your enemy's aim assist randomly revealing you're crawling in the high grass.

Also this, yes.

Evil Calvin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Louis
A few things I wish it had:

When getting ready to jump out of the plane you can mark the map where you want to jump. But once you jump you cannot see that icon when freefalling. You have to toggle back to the map to see where you are and your orientation. You should be able to see the marker when falling and go towards it.

Alternate means of running. Holding in the stick is a pain.

Of course the killcam (which is coming) is a necessity. It would be cool if you could save your final death scene along with your ranking so you can learn from those (and relive those last moments).

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
No mercy.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
A few things I wish it had:

When getting ready to jump out of the plane you can mark the map where you want to jump. But once you jump you cannot see that icon when freefalling. You have to toggle back to the map to see where you are and your orientation. You should be able to see the marker when falling and go towards it.

Huh? You can see it, on the top of the screen on the compass/navigation thing.