• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2017's monstrosity hit 17 million just a few days ago, going by Steamspy.
http://steamspy.com/app/578080

BUT, also going by Steamspy, and seeing that it's been 11 days since it last broke a concurrent record, it seems that the sales have finally slowed down a little.

It's still selling like a motherfucker, and #1 sales in pretty much every single Steam region though. So what are your predictions for numbers for the end of 2017?

PUBG my sales if old.

Update: 18 million

As recently announced on stream, and going by Steamspy(that apparently did something new because new owners jumped by 700K in a single day!), PUBG now sits at a nice and round 18 million owners.

image.png

Last edited:

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That's fucking crazy. First game that's been a total blindspot for me, while being profoundly successful. Hadn't even heard of it until in was announced to be coming to xbox.

What makes it so great, by the way? Just one of those games that "streamable"?

DomsPlaying

Oct 25, 2017
NJ & NYC
I predict it will pick up again once it's out on Xbox One, especially if it's by year-end (which is what they are saying, right).

Oh also.. Those are some crazy stats. 17 million. I think it can hit 20-21 by December if console launches.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
It sold another ~4 million in the last 3 weeks or so? Fuck me...I could see it getting to ~23 million by the end of the year.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
That's fucking crazy. First game that's been a total blindspot for me, while being profoundly successful. Hadn't even heard of it until in was announced to be coming to xbox.

What makes it so great, by the way? Just one of those games that "streamable"?

It's very stream-friendly, yes, but for me it's greatest strength is playing together with friends and interacting with them & helping each other.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing,it actually slowed down compared to what was happening in last couple weeks. There hasn't been a new peak for almost 2 weeks now. But I expect it to jump again once they release the new stuff.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I love the game, but there are some serious issues that the developers have to tackle fast (like the whole chinese hacker situation). People are starting to get annoyed with the team, the Steam reviews are getting worse every day, and sooner or later this will have an impact on the game's future.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3rd best selling PC game ever now, behind Terraria (20m) and Minecraft (27m)
It will most likely pass Terraria by the end of year (I wonder what the xbox numbers will be).

Still doubtful it can surpass Minecraft although as you stated that number is only PC, pretty sure Minecraft sold most on 360 didn't it?

firstadopter

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a list of top sell Steam games of all-time, so we can have some context on how amazing this is?

biocat

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing sales. My usual duo partner is getting a little burned out on it, but I still enjoy the game. Definitely looking forward to that new map. The current one is becoming way too familiar.

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the game, but there are some serious issues that the developers have to tackle fast (like the whole chinese hacker situation). People are starting to get annoyed with the team, the Steam reviews are getting worse every day, and sooner or later this will have an impact on the game's future.

They could always try the "prime account matchmaking" from csgo which there requires a somewhat higher rank (could go by matches played in pubg) and their phone number for verification. Not a great solution but as someone who played on and off prime I've noticed a huge difference in the amount of hackers.

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
CS:GO has 35 million going by Steamspy. I have no idea how to list all the top-sellers there though.

Oh of course, totally blanked on CSGO.

Could probably look at the top concurrent and check Steamspy.

Interestingly, CSGO is one of the situations where smurfs, idler accounts and hacker accounts probably actually account for a decent number of sales.

rakkadakka

Oct 25, 2017
We're running out of gamers to fuel the fire.

Game needs to be played first hand to be understood but it's a singular experience.

Outside of Fornite BR that is...

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good game but I need more modes. I get bored after playing 3 matches.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's going to be an important Xbox One-related announcement soon. A late November/early December release would be cool, and on Xbox One the could likely sell a few millions before the year ends, making the overall sales of the year comparable to Minecraft, which costs half as much and is just about on any platform (Java, Windows 10, Xbox 360, Xbox One (S/X), PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita (I think?), 3DS, Switch, iOS, Android, etc.), compared to PUBG that is only on PC so far and soon on Xbox One too.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
giphy.gif

Well, unless China does indeed block access to the game. That would be a serious blow considering how much players are from there.

Nozem

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot wait to see how many xbox one players are jumping on it when it launches. My guess is 5-6 million, based on the number of xbox ones sales and attachment rate.
Really curious about this myself. I think your guess might be a bit on the optimistic side. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me.

Ensirius

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't bought it yet as I have heard the optimization is abismal and Inam running a 2500k with a 960 4gb

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna hit 18 mil any minute,probably before the weekend.

Owners: 17,906,553 ± 124,251

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could always try the "prime account matchmaking" from csgo which there requires a somewhat higher rank (could go by matches played in pubg) and their phone number for verification. Not a great solution but as someone who played on and off prime I've noticed a huge difference in the amount of hackers.

I haven't played CSGO since they added that, but it seems like it would be a horrible experience for new players if they are segregated with all of the cheaters.