• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Found via Klobrille tweet

So focusing on the two images:

There's a car driving in an "eastern locale"

unknown.png

Its only concept art, but i'm sure many Forza fans would be happy with this "change of scenery".

Now the big deal here, is this concept art right here:

unknown.png

That house on the left looks oddly familiar.....

latest.png

Well would you look at that....

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't it been public knowledge for a while that Playground was (or still is) working on a Fable reboot?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if they were actual concept art, they wouldn't be published publically yet

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's a Forza Horizon set in Japan with night time drifts on the hills...

The producers for Need For Speed need to resign in disgrace.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even Phil was teased about it when appearing on the GB stream at E3 2018 I think.

I'll be honest, a Fable reboot completely divorced from Molyneux's weird excesses (and the juvenile fart humor) would actually be pretty cool. The IDEA of an RPG that's just about becoming a hero and doing hero stuff was always solid enough on its own, but Molyneux's insane "you can do anything, but you can't do anything particularly well!" mentality kept pulling the experiences in less than ideal directions and bogging shit down.

Also, speaking only for myself, I will never, ever forgive him for what the Spire section of Fable 2 did to my swashbuckling pirate blademaster sword queen. She looked so great and then she left the Spire looking like a bald Hulk-esque monstrosity. It took so long to change her back to how she was supposed to look... :X

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
The second image screams fable for sure so stop toying with my emotions and release a statement that a fable game is actually being produced.

😥

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'll be honest, a Fable reboot completely divorced from Molyneux's weird excesses (and the juvenile fart humor) would actually be pretty cool. The IDEA of an RPG that's just about becoming a hero and doing hero stuff was always solid enough on its own, but Molyneux's insane "you can do anything, but you can't do anything particularly well!" mentality kept pulling the experiences in less than ideal directions and bogging shit down.

Also, speaking only for myself, I will never, ever forgive him for what the Spire section of Fable 2 did to my swashbuckling pirate blademaster sword queen. She looked so great and then she left the Spire looking like a bald Hulk-esque monstrosity. It took so long to change her back to how she was supposed to look... :X

Yeah, Fable as a concept is like the weird transition from old school RPGs to the modern style we have today. Gameplay wise it's got really interesting ideas that could work extremely well if handled similar to something like how Dying Light 2 is. Shape the actual world through decisions and every player having a unique world state based on their choices and actions, it just feels like Fable fits that modern design idea really well.

Funnily enough, Fables setting is actually sort of unique in the current landscape as well. It's the MS first party title that has me most interested for sure.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean really, not even Sony is interested in making a Forza Horizon killer?

It would be half the game Forza Horizon is, but one set in Japan would be a day one buy.

SIE Japan Studio pls

5b1166791ae66221008b4755

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon 5 in Japan with built-in Fujimi Kaido randomly showing up in the mountains and you're looking at an 11/10 game.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the thread was going to be about the leaked art tests, those art tests pretty much confirm fable.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Fable when it released, probably one of my favorite games from that era. Never played Fable 2, and I thought Fable 3 was an okay action-adventure game, but not what I was looking for in Fable. Looking forward to the new game if it's more similar to the first one.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
It's about as big an open secret as it gets at this point.

I'm excited to see what they bring to the table with their take on Fable though. The universe always had a ton of promise, so hopefully this new team is every bit as talented as the Forza Horizon team.

May 10, 2019
Fucking hell if Forza Horizon 5 really is the all-in-one open world Wangan Midnight/Touge/Tokyo Highway Battle game of my dreams, inject that shit straight into my veins. Won't ever need another racing game.

And yeah, new Fable reboot's cool too.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
FH5 launch game for Scarlett, set in Japan, let's go! (hopefully)

There's pretty much no doubt anymore that PG is working on a new Fable game. Eurogamer spoke of it and one more source did, I believe. I do hope they give us a new world though. Not the same location again, please something new. This house is indeed the same though, still, can be a new location.

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Lol looks like in the first car driving pic he just took the pagoda from Nachi Taisha in Wakayama Japan and slapped it on top of a waterfall.

On topic though, I'll wager the concept artist maybe got hired because of these fan artworks. I know it's happened before, specifically with Blizzard.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
FH4 was the first one in the series I put a lot of time into and made me a Playground fan. Guerilla was able to succeed in trying something new, and I think Playground is talented enough to do the same.

The seasons they added to the mix on FH4 is just further indication for me that they can really create diversified dense worlds. I actually agree with Guerilla being a great example of a team who was able to mix it up but there are definitely several examples especially at Sony with Naughty Dog and even Santa Monica with the way the God of War evolved.

I'm even happier that we will still get Horizon games in the future along with whatever team 2 is working on.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
For those of you immediately assuming that Forza Horizon Japan means we're gonna see Tokyo, just remember that the Horizon games tend to not feature big cities. That's why London wasn't in Horizon 4.