• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
The seasons they added to the mix on FH4 is just further indication for me that they can really create diversified dense worlds. I actually agree with Guerilla being a great example of a team who was able to mix it up but there are definitely several examples especially at Sony with Naughty Dog and even Santa Monica with the way the God of War evolved.

I'm even happier that we will still get Horizon games in the future along with whatever team 2 is working on.
Yep yep. The future's exciting for both Sony and MS's 1st party efforts. I hope to get both PS5 and Scarlett so I don't miss out on anything.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Well the tweet even says these are just his concept art inspired by Forza and Fable. What's the OP's point really? the art test tweet is slightly more intriguing

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the character art is the same project, then it mentioning 16th century as a visual influence coupled with the Oakvale picture makes this sound like either a prequel, or a reimagining of the original. Not my idea scenario (was hoping they'd just forget the established story and start fresh with similar themes), but much better than trying to follow on after 3.

Also I'm down for a Japan based Forza Horizon.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 5 should literally just use the subtitle "Tokyo Drift"

25 million units sold

unknown.png

just imagine *hnnnnnn*

I loved making a stupid eurobeat playlist in FH3 but there just wasn't a location on the map to properly recreate this

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I mean really, not even Sony is interested in making a Forza Horizon killer?

It would be half the game Forza Horizon is, but one set in Japan would be a day one buy.

SIE Japan Studio pls

5b1166791ae66221008b4755
Driveclub was kinda close from what I know. Still, I think that Sony shouldn't try to compete with Forza Horizon as Playground has it down to a science and persistently improves, and should instead focus on making a new take on racing. Like, maybe a kickass motocross game in a massive open-world city.

I feel the same way about the idea that Microsoft should try to compete with Sony on AAA Third Person Action Adventures. Sony has that in the bag. Taking chances on srawling first/third RPGs and narrative action like Hellblade seem better for me from XGS.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I want it to be Fable but even if it's a new RPG IP, I am sure it will be awesome.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
That looks very fable, which is quite disappointing, I was expecting some sort of twisted take on fable, something darker, less vanilla medieval fantasy (edit: ok, renaissance is not that vanilla, hope they do something more interesting with the world).

On the other hand, you better put deja vu on that soundtrack

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
FH5 launch game for Scarlett, set in Japan, let's go! (hopefully)

There's pretty much no doubt anymore that PG is working on a new Fable game. Eurogamer spoke of it and one more source did, I believe. I do hope they give us a new world though. Not the same location again, please something new. This house is indeed the same though, still, can be a new location.

Feels like we would see Forza Motorsport 8 first, leaving FH5 for a year or so afterwards. Japan seems like an obviously amazing setting so hopefully they go for it, complete with seasons like they did before.

Fable concept art looks lovely, I do wish Microsoft would just come out and say something though. I expect they're saving it for Scarlett's reveal but god damn the Fable rumours have been swirling around for aaaaages now!

Also speaking of Lionhead revivals how about Black & White 3? Or does EA own that IP?

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Driveclub was kinda close from what I know. Still, I think that Sony shouldn't try to compete with Forza Horizon as Playground has it down to a science and persistently improves, and should instead focus on making a new take on racing. Like, maybe a kickass motocross game in a massive open-world city.

I feel the same way about the idea that Microsoft should try to compete with Sony on AAA Third Person Action Adventures. Sony has that in the bag. Taking chances on srawling first/third RPGs and narrative action like Hellblade seem better for me from XGS.
Yeah I know, it's probably not going to happen. I just want a Forza Horizon-esque title set in Japan, by anyone.

For those of you immediately assuming that Forza Horizon Japan means we're gonna see Tokyo, just remember that the Horizon games tend to not feature big cities. That's why London wasn't in Horizon 4.

Yep! and it's fine, as long as it's set in Gunma.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Given the timing, it kinda seems like the artist created these to help get a job at Playground lol. Don't think people should read too much into them.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Forza Horizon 5 in Japan looks/sounds amazing.

On the other hand, Fable is and was always trash, so I don't understand the desire for MS to reboot the franchise. If you designed the safest, most derivative RPG and specifically targeted the audience squarely at kids under 10, you'd get Fable.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That Forza concept art looks BEAUTIFUL, but let's be real it's all about that sweet sweet RPG game. This shit has me more excited than most games out there including many of my favorites.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I am so pumped to see what a new Fable looks like. I loved 1 and 2, warts and all.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I was hoping for something new but you can do much worse as far as franchise revivals go.

Verchod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would of preferred Rare doing another Fable, with Playground doing a new Perfect Dark.