• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Déraciné
Release date: Nov. 6, 2018

As previously announced, Déraciné from Sony Interactive Entertainment, SIE Japan Studio, and FromSoftware is scheduled for release exclusively for PlayStation VR* this November 6, 2018.

In an emotionally deep narrative, players will take the role of an unseen faerie who forges a personal bond with the children in a secluded boarding school. While moving around the boarding school in frozen time, players will collect and piece together various bits of information that serve to unfold an overarching mystery. Déraciné is the VR debut from Bloodborne director Hidetaka Miyazaki, and FromSoftware.

Days Gone
Release date: April 26, 2019 (UPDATED)

We want to share a change in release date for this highly anticipated title from Bend Studio. We recently decided to move the release of Days Gone from the crowded February timeframe to April 26, 2019. While the studio is eager to see Days Gone in the hands of fans, Bend Studio will take the opportunity to further polish Days Gone.

As PlayStation fans already know, Days Gone is an open-world action game set in the high-desert of the Pacific Northwest. Traversing harsh landscapes on their drifter bike, players must fight for resources as they attempt to survive broken roads, unpredictable weather, attacks from other human factions, infected wildlife and roaming Freakers — a brutal, dynamic world that is dangerous both day and night.

Concrete Genie
Release timeframe: Spring 2019

Developed by the Pixelopus team at PlayStation, Concrete Genie follows a bullied teenager named Ash who escapes his troubles by painting spectacular living landscapes and mischievous creatures in the walls of his abandoned hometown of Denska. Using a magical paintbrush, Ash discovers his paintings can purify Denska's polluted walls and bring life back to the town.

Pixelopus, a development studio at PlayStation's San Mateo campus, is targeting an early 2019 release date for Concrete Genie for the PS4 system. We'll have more details to share in the weeks and months ahead!

Everybody's Golf VR
Release timeframe: Spring 2019

The hit golf franchise, Everybody's Golf, makes its PS VR* debut in Spring 2019! Developed by Clap Hanz in association with SIE Japan Studio, players will use the DualShock 4 or PlayStation Move motion controllers to swing their virtual golf clubs.

PS VR allows players to experience the world of Everybody's Golf in ways they have never been able to before: getting a better sense of the terrain, reading wind direction to evaluate shots, and more.

We know many of you will want to know about key upcoming titles such as the beta for Dreams, Blood & Truth, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us: Part II. The studios are hard at work polishing up these epic PS4 games, but we aren't yet ready to share a release timeframe. When that news is available, rest assured – you'll be the first to know!
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...os-release-lineup-the-next-wave-of-ps4-games/

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing how much First Party support PSVR is receiving this year and next.

-The Inpatient
- Bravo Team
- Wipeout
- The Persistence
- Firewall: Zero Hour
- Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
- Derecine
- Everybody's Golf VR
- Blood and Truth
- Dreams
- Etc

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I had totally forgotten about Concrete Genie. Seems like it could be something really special and unique in that Journey/ICO kind of way. Hopefully it succeeds in what it's set out to do.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Pretty weak in my opinion, I willbe picking up Days Gone but not much else.

I am glad 3rd party seems really strong for that period.

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
Ohh, Days Gone moved to April! Expected! Not necessarily Days Gone, could have been any of the 3 games except Anthem, I guess, but yeah, expected.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
"We know many of you will want to know about key upcoming titles such as the beta for Dreams"

Because hoping for the actual game, at this point, is... misguided?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to play the devil's advocate and say that this "....Dreams, Blood & Truth, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us: Part II" will be the order of release.

Oct 30, 2017
Days Gone to April is MUCH better decision... they really want this IP to success which is good :-)

So, Dreams Q2 or Fall next year?

Anyway I'm sure Dreams is a 2019 title.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
"We know many of you will want to know about key upcoming titles such as the beta for Dreams, Blood & Truth, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us: Part II. The studios are hard at work polishing up these epic PS4 games, but we aren't yet ready to share a release timeframe. When that news is available, rest assured – you'll be the first to know!"

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Is Everybody's Golf VR an expansion or a new release? Been hoping the original would be a ps+ game since the online is dead.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
GoT, TLoU2 and Death Stranding are for sure cross gen titles. That means that both Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch will release just 2 games this generation. That is really low.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they only hint at the fact that the Dreams beta (yes, BETA) is coming in the near future. Bloody hell, Media Molecule. Sony has an unbelievable amount of patience with that studio.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about how I was going to have to finish Days Gone in 2 weeks because of DMC5. I'm looking forward to that game but it's ok, even though it is pished back for schedule reasons they can use the time for extra polish.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Dreams, Blood and Ghost will most definitely release in 2019.
Ghost has been in development since Late 2014, they be going at it for almost 5 years by next fall (inFamous took 3-4 years). Feels like its about time.
TLOU is still up in the air, I know ND can work miracles in 2 years like they did with U3/U4, but I can only see an Early 2020 release is they go for 3 years + some polish time.
DS is anybody's guess. Kojima has a probably blank check and possibly all the time in the world, also given that its a new I.P. its going to be a late PS4 exclusive game for sure.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, they only hint at the fact that the Dreams beta (yes, BETA) is coming in the near future. Bloody hell, Media Molecule. Sony has an unbelievable amount of patience with that studio.
Aren't they a really small studio? Letting them work on a game this long is probably cheaper than a couple of years of Santa Monica's operating costs.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I had totally forgotten about Concrete Genie. Seems like it could be something really special and unique in that Journey/ICO kind of way. Hopefully it succeeds in what it's set out to do.

My ears pricked up when I read that Media Molecule has helped them with some of the tech. Hoping for something good there.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I really slept on the fact that Déraciné is launching this year and so soon. I might have to find a PSVR to borrow just for that, I can't see myself not playing a game made by FROM.

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
"We know many of you will want to know about key upcoming titles such as the beta for Dreams"

Because hoping for the actual game, at this point, is... misguided?
I think Dreams will greatly benefit from an open beta that runs much longer than usual. It will probably feature the whole game, minus the SP content. This will include tutorials and maybe mini-challeges to get the hang of the tools in a gamey way.

Plus, anything created in the beta will transfer to the final game.

This beta is indeed a big thing in terms of what is offered, what is expected from it and what you can do with it. No shame treating it as a big event.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am glad and my wallet relieved, because third parties are killing it 1st quarter (Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro). We will get The Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and The Last of Us: Part II later. Bluepoint might even have ICO or a Demon's Souls remaster coming. And Nioh 2 is exclusively coming too!

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
LOL Man that's weak as shit. Then you push Days Gone back? Haughty Sony strikes again.
Weak? A new game from the mastermind behind Demon's/Dark Souls & Bloodborne, a big open world game, a somewhat unique smaller artsy game, a VR version of a popular franchise + Dreams will possibly be slotted in there somewhere. That's a decent haul of games for a 6 month period.

It's not the strongest line-up but it has some interesting games. Unless you're one of those people who only think violent AAA(A) level games are the only ones worth a shit and scoff at more experimental and/or smaller scale games.

Oct 25, 2017
Where is medievil sony?
giphy.gif