• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
hKus9ui.png

Orfax

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Lol, I haven't played a lot of games last year on the PS4 as I am gaming more on my PC these days.

Anyway my total actual game hours is 97 hours over 2 games (GoW and RDR2), yet it says I clocked in 724 hours of "gameplay". These other hours is Netflix and Youtube I guess?

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
It says I've played Destiny2 for 29 hours. But it is not on my top three? Nor is Control which has more than 9 hours played (my third game was anthem sad)

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
It says I played 95 different games last year but this can't be right. I honestly couldn't put a list of 30 different games together.

Actually I think I messed around with a PS Now Trial and bounced around a ton of games so that probably padded this number.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
19 different games. 64 hours total played. I didn't have much of a reason to use my PS4 this year. Played almost everything on PC.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I found mine to be pretty inaccurate.
Mine is nonsense. Destiny 2 at 670 hours - I won't argue with, although I accept the shame that comes with it considering I only started playing again in the Summer. TBH It should be more.

But despite getting the platinum on Days Gone and Spidey and playing a lot of other games at times, the next two it shows are under 8 hours each: Just Cause 3 and some Lego Marvel game - both games my son plays on his ps4 that is set to be my home console, sometimes he plays on my account by mistake.

I think it's broken if you play on multiple ps4s maybe.

EDIT: OK, I think maybe the setting I have on different ps4s have prevented the real results picking up. My home console is my son's, he plays on the wrong account at times. I have both an OG and a pro as my main consoles, the OG I take away on holiday sometimes and played a lot of D2 on because Pro fan noise. I think that's the issue. My Pro has this data collection blocked but possibly not my OG and my son's machine. EDIT2: yep, it's disabled on my pro, not the old one.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
my stats are fookin shameful this year lmao. nothing like having a kid to completely disrupt your gaming habits. would've like to see years prior but alas

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
KE4mBKG.png

V78ynbJ.png

Trove was myself, my wife, and my daughter combined (though I grinded the shit outta that game), and I finally deleted Destiny 2 from my PS4 at the end of the year to stop the addiction. Those 425 hours were only from a few months.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
27 different games. 312 hours of gameplay. 95 days played throughout the year.

1. Days Gone (54 hours)
2. Red Dead Redemption 2 (40 hours)
3. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (36 hours)

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
30 games, 305 days, 626 hours. Top played were Tales of Berseria (70 hours), Judgment (53 hours) and Days Gone (52 hours).

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Is FFXIV that good on PS4? Where should I begin as a newcomer? I will need a mic right?

uLqVwCa.jpg

One of my new year resolution was to stop playing D2 lol.
I'll take a wild guess and say that you like Destiny 2 lol
I guess Fallout 76 wasn't that bad?

33 Different Games

Tales of Graces F (55 hours)
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (47 hours)
Tales of Xillia (45 hours)
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you like the Tales series lmao. What's your top 3? Vesperia remains my favourite
I'm pretty sure I played Sekiro more than MHW ...but ok XD

BdyLziV.jpg
Is FFXIV that good on PS4? Where should I begin as a newcomer? I will need a mic right?
Gaming is love, gaming is life
lol
Are you getting Persona 5 Royal?
I have actually only played it in singleplayer. A lot of my time came from enjoying the time trial aspect, but there's still a fair amount to do completing stuff aside from that.
Thanks!

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
163 games, 1303 hours, 1301 trophies.

I refuse to say what my most played title is, but its at 252 hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
bqsqk9l.jpg
65KIrN3.jpg

Mostly right. The 11 hour streak is wrong though. Death Stranding and Borderlands 3 are probably right outside that top 3 most played as well, though I don't remember playing Anthem that much.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

FFXIV is very good on PS4.

Not sure what you mean as begin as a newcomer. Do note it does require a sub. There is a free trial up to level 35 though.

Also no mic, game doesn't have built in voice chat.

Nov 8, 2017
1. Days Gone at 119 hours
2. Witcher 3 at 89 hours
3. Death Stranding at 46 hours

45 different games played for 852 hours
0 online
32 in PSVR

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Anyone find theirs glitched? I had to open in an incognito for the prizes link to display correctly (rather than tell me to sign in yet again). A sidebar now shows up but there's nothing there.

I do get a few errors when loading the page though.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
I found mine to be pretty inaccurate.

Same.

Although I wonder what the cutoff date was for this data? I got Fist of the North Star:Lost paradise at Christmas and put easily 30 hours into it. I also played Yakuza 6 this year on top of Kiwami 2, and Days gone with Resident evil 2.

It only shows Kiwami 2 for yakuza games. I spent more time in Yakuza 6.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
FFXIV is very good on PS4.

Not sure what you mean as begin as a newcomer. Do note it does require a sub. There is a free trial up to level 35 though.

Also no mic, game doesn't have built in voice chat.
Thanks! By newcomer I meant what do I have to buy to start. There seems to be so many expansions
DJwest there is so much to do in the game. The Shadowbringers expansion came out in late June, and is my GOTY. Also, you don't need a mic
I might give it a try. Hopefully it won't consume my life lol
42 platinum trophies for last year alone? Wow

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I have no idea how y'all are pasting these images but in any case:

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 258 hours (somehow even more than last year, Red Dead Online is my jam)
2. Mortal Kombat 11 - 139 hours
3. Resident Evil 2 - 70 hours

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I don't understand the message on this: "From now until February 14" what does this mean? That they're gonna have the stats up on the web for that amount of time? or they'll share another thing tomorrow?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! By newcomer I meant what do I have to buy to start. There seems to be so many expansions
I might give it a try. Hopefully it won't consume my life lol

For now just do the Free Trial. Get a feel for the game. If you're still not sure at that point buy the Starter Edition and if you then feel like you will keep with it, then buy Shadowbringers as it contains the previous 2 expansions.

However if after playing the Trial you're very sure you want to play the whole thing, then just go for the Complete Edition.

The big is thing to note that the base game, A Realm Reborn (Level's 1 to 50) is being revamped somewhat in Patch 5.3 which will likely release in 4 - 5 months. Some find the much slower pace of that content to be killer for them so it's possible you might want to wait. But that's also why the Free Trial is so useful, cause some will find the pacing fine.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
For now just do the Free Trial. Get a feel for the game. If you're still not sure at that point buy the Starter Edition and if you then feel like you will keep with it, then buy Shadowbringers as it contains the previous 2 expansions.

However if after playing the Trial you're very sure you want to play the whole thing, then just go for the Complete Edition.

The big is thing to note that the base game, A Realm Reborn (Level's 1 to 50) is being revamped somewhat in Patch 5.3 which will likely release in 4 - 5 months. Some find the much slower pace of that content to be killer for them so it's possible you might want to wait. But that's also why the Free Trial is so useful, cause some will find the pacing fine.
That was very helpful, thanks a lot

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Mine either isn't working (I live in the US) or I did not hit the 10 hour threshold. I thought I probably did - but maybe not? I did the majority of my gaming on either PC or Switch in 2019.

"PLAYSTATION 2019 Wrap-Up is only available in select locations. Users must also be 18 years or older and have more than 10 gameplay hours for 2019 prior to December 10"

.​

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
We switched main console from PS4 Pro to Xbox one x in July so figures are a bit weird

Also I think they count watching films etc as gameplay hours as our top 3 games - AC Odyssey, destiny 2, shadow of eat - only total about 100 hours but it says we gamed for 934 !

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

This has to be wrong. I played a lot of XIV, but three times as much as any other game? This year alone? That seems impossible.