• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I know people will complain but even at £600 this box is an absolute bargain.

It is. So it the Xbox. Everyone is quick to ask stuff like "Will high end PCs hold back consoles?" For next gen but then SHOCK when/if they see a high price for an item that is equal or greater than a pc that costs more than double.

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Why is a clearly wrong placeholder listing generating this much discussion and faux distress?

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
sorry mate, i've have to skip it if its 600 euro in this current economy. absolutely bonkers.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
When does a 2tb drive ever have 2tb of usable space? Never.
It say 1TB on PS4 Pro...and it's not 1TB either.
Isn't the size never representative of how much there actually is? Like you buy a 128GB sd card but there's actually only ~100gb available
Huh? Go get a lawyer then because this doesn't give you 1tb after the os takes its cut.

PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Console Bundle Console

<p>The most advanced PlayStation® system ever now comes in a bundle that includes a jet black 1TB PS4™ Pro system, a matching DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller, and Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® on Blu-ray Disc.</p>
It's the same shit on PC, partitions for HD take up space especially if you have it as your main and windows adds unmovable data on them. This is really old stuff. You can buy a 1TB SSD and it's never full 1TB.

Iirc and I might be talking out of my arse here, but there's an explanation for why a 2tb drive doesn't show up as 2tb on a computer.

This is because there are technically two ways to measure terrabytes. Technically Terra means 10^12, so a terrabyte would be 10^12 bytes ... But computers don't work in base ten numbers, they work in base 2. A gigabyte technically means 10^9 bytes, a megabyte means 10^6 bytes etc.

However generally as far as your computer is concerned they count 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte, 1024 kb= 1 mb, 1024 mb= 1 GB and so on.

A 500GB hard drive as advertised typically has 500x10^9 bytes of data, but because of the way computers show hard drive space, it'll show up as about 465 GB when you plug it in (500/1.024^3).

No idea which definition they mean when they say 860 GB, but you definitely aren't getting away with saying 1.6 is 2tb because that actually us just straight lying.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Just a placeholder but interesting as one would assume amazon is preparing for pre-orders which makes me think Sony will open pre-orders on Friday morning (uk time)

Status
Not open for further replies.