• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean one would expect November to capitalize on the Holiday rush.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
The only way it was ever going to be March is if Sony either felt like the PS4 was going to die on its arse or were worried about shipping at Christmas.

Or for Europe 😑

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Fall 2020 launch means that they will have to go against both the next gen xbox consoles and have less ads because of the US Elections, hopefully they will have some great launch games to combat that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be really interesting to see if Microsoft capitalizes on this and tries to push their 360 head start again. Obviously not a whole year, but even six months is pretty significant.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
This suits me alright. My Pro is a little under a year old still, I'd like to get a bit more mileage out of it if possible.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Going to be really interesting to see if Microsoft capitalizes on this and tries to push their 360 head start again. Obviously not a whole year, but even six months is pretty significant.

Problem is, doing this they run the risk of losing the hardware performance advantage, which evidently they really don't want to lose.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The other information in the tweet is more interesting tbh. I believe this's the first time that we're getting numbers for PS Now.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to think they're targeting to launch it before Christmas next year.

I'm all for upgrading to the next gen asap.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
E3 PS5 shadow drop confirmed! Time to relive the glory of that first expo's surprise console release that panned out so well

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Spring 2020 was a possibility, but this generation's launch was so successful I'm not sure why you'd deviate except to fix things which went wrong last time around. Nov. 2020 was always the most logical step.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
It was always going to be fall 2020. New consoles need third party support and the most prolific third party support comes in the last quarter with annualised franchises from the big publishers. Nintendo were able to have a March launch as they never have traditionally strong third party support on the level of a MS/Sony.