• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
What I recommend based on reading Reddit for way more hours than I'd like to admit:

- don't use the rear ports: no USB, no LAN for transfers; LAN for internet is a toss-up
- don't transfer from the PS4; download your stuff
- don't use an external
- don't use rest mode

Given the prevalence of these bugs, I'd be stunned if an update wasn't along the way. But doing the above, I've had zero issues over about 4 hours. No database rebuilds, always starting up from boot, etc.

(The only one I'm really missing is rest mode, but it boots so fast that it's not exactly a complete loss.)

Woof, uh ok. Better safe than sorry. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would a lan cable do anything? Pretty sure that's just coincidence. It's like saying it crashed because you were using a controller and someone else's crashes and they also used a controller

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
So Im experiencing "The troubles" I guess the external HDD is the issue.

So im just gonna disconnect it and switch to Wifi in the meanwhile I guess...at least if it even works

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I just played 2 hours of Astrobot and got through ONLY the cooling level. I 100%ed that whole level. WOW. the controller is not a gimmick, I REPEAT. it is not a gimmick. I AM SOLD. i love this. I laughed a few times too during funny moments. I havent laughed like that in a game in years. since i was a kid.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
so is it a known issue that none of my games are transferring from my PS4 using the built in transfer option, Ive tried 3 times, one time it said there was an error and to check my connection(though my connection was fine). Otherwise it seems to finish fine, but there are no games on my system. But depending on the amount of games I go to transfer, it seems to fill up the "other" category in my console storage, but I am unable to see what that data is.

Oct 25, 2017
So i just got it delivered and the first time I turned it on I got the rebuild database thing. I can't do anything. It just pops up a screen with a rebuild database message and a prompt to say ok, and then the screen flicks off and then back on a bit later and says it again.

Am I totally fucked?

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
On the menu where you choose your save, it shows up as an option at the bottom of the screen. R1 I think. I haven't bought it yet but I hunted it down for when I'm ready.

That's where I was expecting to see it, but not seeing the option. Do you have the disc or digital version? I have the disc version, but nothing on the Playstation blog suggested there was a limitation on that as far as upgrading.

Edit: Disregard.... it was only after I created a save that I got the option. Was expecting before. Thanks for the help.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or the downloads on the ps5 are way faster than on series X? I have both consoles on wifi, and ps5 downloads way faster

Brooks04

May 9, 2018
I've had my PS5 crash a few times in a row now with the rebuild database issue. I switched to just wifi, don't have an external connected and it continues to crash. Haven't even played a game. All I've been doing is downloading some games and apps.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
So played for an hour or so, and man this shit is buggy top to bottom.

First time loading it up, the UI was laggy as hell, so i installed Spidey and restarted and it was fine.

I keep getting this LAN connected/disconnected popup randomly, so i just connected to wifi for now.

Booted up spidey and it crashed, i tried to restart it, also i push the disc eject and it just spit the disc onto the floor like a damn punk.

Finally played Spidey and it starts to bug out with Rhino model all highlighted in red during the cutscenes.

Not a great first impression tbh, i think ive owned pretty much every console at launch or near launch and this is the first time i had multiple issues right off the bat.
Now that im reading more, holy fuck what kind of shit QA process did this go through? What a fucking mess.

TheNAC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I had 2 soft crashes when I first was downloading games and apps and going through menus 10 hours ago. Flawless since then.

On ethernet, external plugged in, downloading, transferring, etc.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or the downloads on the ps5 are way faster than on series X? I have both consoles on wifi, and ps5 downloads way faster

A lot of people are pretty surprised by the download speeds of the PS5. Hopefully it will be that way at EU launch as well and the servers will hold up to let the europeans also have a fast setup time for their new console. :)

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh Astro's Playroom has some flickering for me. Green, black, sometimes white. Great.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I've only noticed it with Demon's Souls but definitely same sound. Can only hear it when putting my ear up to the console though.

Without volume, I could hear it from the couch, but it was subtle enough. When I tried it this evening with the sound on, it was drowned out by it, but it's still something I'll be keeping an eye on. Feel like I've mostly seen people say it's just Demon's Souls, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with that game (In the same way you see coil whine sometimes effecting certain games on PC way more than others).

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Plugged the ps5 into my lg cx with supplied HDMI cable, both are on latest firmware.

When playing astrobot in hdr at 4k I get intermittent flickering.

I have set the 4k bandwidth setting to -2 on the PS5 but it still happens.

If I am playing death stranding in HDR there is no issue at all.

I have demon's souls in the mail so will see if it happens with that as well.

Wondering if anyone else is having flickering issues with their cx?
try a different HDMI. Try a few more games. If it only appears in one game, it may not be serious.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What I recommend based on reading Reddit for way more hours than I'd like to admit:

- don't use the rear ports: no USB, no LAN for transfers; LAN for internet is a toss-up
- don't use an external
- don't use rest mode

Given the prevalence of these bugs, I'd be stunned if an update wasn't along the way. But doing the above, I've had zero issues over about 4 hours. No database rebuilds, always starting up from boot, etc.

(The only one I'm really missing is rest mode, but it boots so fast that it's not exactly a complete loss.)
Meanwhile I've done all those things (except transfer from PS4) and I've also had zero issues in 7 hours.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The UI isn't quite as snappy as I expected it to be. Not only that but one time during my play session I opened the control center and it crashed Demon's Souls. Also, the quick-level-select cards for DeS don't seem to be working properly. I tried using them and they didn't do anything.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

- don't use an external
- don't use rest mode

fuck im transferring from ps4 right now. should i cancel??

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
This seems like a cluster. Mine gets here tomorrow and I'm real worried of having a dud.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
Is this a known issue? I did a data transfer from my PS4 to my PS5 during setup. My PS5 says it's all done and everything is cool, but my PS4 is stuck permanently on the transfer screen. Even turning the PS4 off and on brings me straight back to the transfer screen. No idea what to do about this.

I had the consoles connect to the router by WiFi and then linked them with an ethernet cable.

edit: Ah fuck looks like there are indeed known issues with this.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
UI needs some tweaks

-No dedicated messaging app
-No double tapping between two apps
-Takes more button presses to get to things like friends list and all that