• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I can see something similar to an Apple reveal, like they did with the PS4 Pro. Maybe an event in September with an October release.
never gonna happen, you need lead up time with a console that will cost atleast 400 euros. I can see a may reveal and a November release

Aug 26, 2019
Two things:
1) People at Sony and MS were actually pretty upset that Ubisoft and LucasArts showed off their next-gen games nearly a year before the consoles were supposed to be announced!
2) The trend these days is to announce closer to launch. Right now most (maybe even all?) of this fall's big games aren't announced yet, other than the ones that were delayed from spring.
I see. Thank you for your response :)

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
zh095hw0

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Two things:
1) People at Sony and MS were actually pretty upset that Ubisoft and LucasArts showed off their next-gen games nearly a year before the consoles were supposed to be announced!
2) The trend these days is to announce closer to launch. Right now most (maybe even all?) of this fall's big games aren't announced yet, other than the ones that were delayed from spring.
you said in the past that you are thinking about making an article on some of the next generation launch titles, are you still planning that?

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Two things:
Jason, is there an article on the horizon about the PS5's rumored launch lineup? Obviously we'd all love to see it.

Edit: Beaten by seconds above

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Ryan, Hulst, and Yoshida will personally show up to every door with a gift basket full of Doritos and Game Fuel. They'll perform an acappella medley of theme songs from PS5 launch titles and as they end, they'll all unbutton their suit jackets to reveal the launch date & price
Gene Simmons would do it if he got paid.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
They dont need to announce pricing right now, they can just show the hardware, a bunch of games and features... then close to launch the pricing reveal.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
When they got rid of the Kinect and made the base Xbox One cheaper than the base PS4, nobody cared. Price was not the only reason the Xbox One got beaten.

It was everything combined: always online DRM, TV, launching later in non-tier 1 countries, the looks of the console, more expensive, mandatory Kinect. The damage was also already done at that point.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't sound too soon for a reveal. The hardware is clearly finalised so it's their marketing strategy. Interesting.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I say April or June. I think they would leave May alone for TLOU Part 2 hype and whatnot.

That being said, I think June as a safe bet.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
This is the exact opposite of itshappening.gif. They literally say they're not ready yet.

We'll get information in due time. Relax. Holiday season is ages away.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I've been a gamer since the mid 80s. I have seen new generations launch before. I don't know what it is this time round, but I'm almost more hype than usual. I'm a thirsty 43 year old gamer. I think it's the promise of better VR, the fact that thew rumours point towards a fairly impressive leap this time round, the rumour of comprehensive backwards compatibility, and then the fact that it's going to be my 6 year old's first console generation leap. Yup. Hype.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Lol jeez. Sony marketing has been complete doo doo regarding PS5.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll be curious to see if Halo actually makes it. On one hand console launch games can't get delayed. On the other hand, games that lose their creative directors midway through development aren't exactly going through the most stable productions.

As long as Chris Lee and most of the heads at 343 are still there I'm not too worried.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be curious to see if Halo actually makes it. On one hand console launch games can't get delayed. On the other hand, games that lose their creative directors midway through development aren't exactly going through the most stable productions.

Out of curiosity is this based on any specific knowledge or just speculation from what we all know?

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
Probably only after e3. August or September.

PlayStation don't need mindshare. Only forum members are anxious about the reveal.

They can do Apple and Samsung approach 2-3 months before release do a full event with everything.

I would say before got releases we will not gonna have a event.
I can see this for the hardware itself, BUT, the difference with phones here is that we expect 3rd party games to be announced at this event, right? Some titles need at least a few months of marketing push and pre-orders to succeed, especially if they are new IPs. If Sony is not doing an event before the summer and also Microsoft is probably withholding most news until E3, I assume we will see a few 3rd party game announcements (e.g. AC Ragnarok) in the next few weeks. Then at PS event and E3 they can show more/gameplay.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

NAh, 343 launched Master Chef Collection at retails in version alpha 0.23, they can make the same this time.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Saying "but we're not quite ready to fully unveil the next generation of PlayStation" is just dumb. Why not state "full reveal coming soon"

Imo it creates a bad vibe