• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I'll never understand the supreme level of capitalizing on others misfortune for small gain and negative karma some are willing to go through. Well, I understand it...I just don't think it's worth it. :)

I honestly don't think it's that hard to understand, let's be honest at the end of the day it's just a games console no harm is going to come to anyone because they didn't get one on day 1, and it looks like you'll be able to make at least £200+ by flipping them which is half the cost of the console.

I think the majority would agree that karma doesn't exist or half the heinous shit that goes on in the world wouldn't happen.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even mad. These last few pages have given me a good laugh.

But really, when you're approaching double digit PS5s and XBOXs and still trying to get more, don't be surprised to catch some side eye when you bring it up in a thread full of people struggling to get one. Like even if that's what I was honestly doing, I wouldn't mention it in this thread, but that's just me...

The amount of dedication it takes to gets one PS5 right now exceeds doing tens of friends a solid. Like, relax bro... At that point there's gotta be some sort of selfishness in play. If you're not scalping, you enjoy being the savior or that guy with the tons of units. Or maybe it's a bit of both -- i'll give some to my friends, and make a little profits with the others. Either way you've become addicted to the chase and are in fact making it harder for others to get one.

I get what you're saying, but for me it isn't even like that. And to be honest it wasn't too hard on my end. I bought a digital and a physical for myself and my family. Got an extra 1 for a friend.

I just thought it was weird people were saying that people wouldn't do that for a friend and equating that to a scalper which that isn't even what the word means.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the majority would agree that karma doesn't exist or half the heinous shit that goes on in the world wouldn't happen.

Yeah I agree. I can tell a lot people in both threads aren't sneakerheads because flipping is the game. And Ls happen all the time. Sucks I probably won't get a console this year but eh, it's really not the biggest deal considering what it is. If people actually have money to blow then congrats on having money to buy from scalpers. Nothing else I can do but keep following Wario64 lol.

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't think it's that hard to understand, let's be honest at the end of the day it's just a games console no harm is going to come to anyone because they didn't get one on day 1, and it looks like you'll be able to make at least £200+ by flipping them which is half the cost of the console.

Yeah I totally get the reasoning behind it...but I always feel like it creates this alternate channel of distribution that causes the manufacturers to reevaluate what the market is able to sustain. We end up in a superimposed inflation of goods that has no finite basis in demand. Sure, it's just a game console...but it tends to extrapolate out to things people actually need in a more...absolute way. Karma has a long tail to it.

That's just me thinking out loud as my mental morning exercise of the day. Hehe! Back to my hole (aka yard work).

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Your belief is too optimistic. We all knew GameStop was going to be selling PS5's. Only twice did I manage to get one in my cart. Both times I went to checkout, and in the final approval it was sold out, presumably because a bot got it first. And that was the bundle.
Do you use Paypal? Going the Paypal Express checkout route saves you from navigating a few pages on their subpar website.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Do you use Paypal? Going the Paypal Express checkout route saves you from navigating a few pages on their subpar website.
With GameStop I had my address and payment information pre-entered, though it still required I enter the credit card security code from the back. I don't trust PayPal enough to enable PayPal Express, not when they are hooked up to my main bank account.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 sold-out message is right on the top of the mediamarkt.de website, right beside free shipping for orders 59€ and up and also 0% interest financing lol

9xRTzhF.jpg

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Target keeps charging me a temp charge to my credit card each week so I guess that's a good sign that my shit ain't cancelled yet lol.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just realized that my shipping address I put in through Walmart is incorrect. The street address should be fine, but the city and zip are technically incorrect (I moved just down the road a couple months ago, which is apparently enough to have that much change for your address). Should I leave the order as is and cross my fingers that it won't be rejected or should I just bite the bullet and cancel my order and hope brief preorder periods pop up elsewhere?

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Just realized that my shipping address I put in through Walmart is incorrect. The street address should be fine, but the city and zip are technically incorrect. Should I leave the order as is and cross my fingers that it won't be rejected or should I just bite the bullet and cancel my order and hope brief preorder periods pop up elsewhere?
Send them a message and ask them to fix the address?

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit, they can't change the address

How fucked am I?
It's a whole different city and zip? Yeah sorry you're effed if it's usps
If they ship it UPS sign up for their shipping program and you can have it held at a ups store
FedEx too but they are free I think

Edit:
Might not work cause you have to confirm your address and well you don't live there anymore...

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
So done my pre order today and got the PS5 with all accessories bundle it comes with everything + an extra controller good deal, my launch games will be Cold War, Demon's souls, Cyberpunk.

GamerEDM

Banned
May 7, 2020
damn went to pre order pulse 3d headset but it's sold out in canada. Does anybody know if this gonna be hard to get for launch on either retail or online.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that my shipping address I put in through Walmart is incorrect. The street address should be fine, but the city and zip are technically incorrect (I moved just down the road a couple months ago, which is apparently enough to have that much change for your address). Should I leave the order as is and cross my fingers that it won't be rejected or should I just bite the bullet and cancel my order and hope brief preorder periods pop up elsewhere?
When you get the tracking you can go on the carriers page and request a change of address. That might work

Usps you just enter the city and zip you put in Walmart.
fedex should be easier. If it's Ups you'll need an account but you had to enter an address to sign up. So hopefully it's one of the two and not ups

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't know how much of an effect the city and zips being right next to each other would have on my chances of them reaching my actual address since again the street address should be fine. How picky is the post office about that sort of thing?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I don't know how much of an effect the city and zips being right next to each other would have on my chances of them reaching my actual address since again the street address should be fine. How picky is the post office about that sort of thing?
Would it be easier to call your post office tomorrow, instead of asking here?

How would anyone here possibly know how your local post office operates?

You're asking a question that is dependent on the behavior of your carrier, who no one here knows.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
If street, city and zip are technically correct but the formatting is off, then they should still be able to deliver it. Might take an extra one or two days though because afaik, these parcels are checked and relabeled manually.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Would it be easier to call your post office tomorrow, instead of asking here?

How would anyone here possibly know how your local post office operates?

You're asking a question that is dependent on the behavior of your carrier, who no one here knows.
Okay, I just didn't know if there was a standard procedure for this sort of thing, which I'm sure happens quite a bit with how much mail gets circulated in general.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Okay, I just didn't know if there was a standard procedure for this sort of thing, which I'm sure happens quite a bit with how much mail gets circulated in general.
There's way too many variables for anyone here to provide you with a correct answer.

If you got both the city and the zip wrong, does that city have the same street address as you?

If your address is 123 Main St. in City A, but your package in going to City B and there's a 123 Main St. there, then yeah you're screwed.

Delivery could fail at any point in the chain, might make it all the way to your street and the carrier notices the city is not correct and sends it back.

Oct 25, 2017
I think my only advice is:
Keep the preorder as a backup but keep trying to get another one .
If you hope for the best and it ends up delivered you're extra screwed cause you'll be out the $$$ too

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

The USPS looks at zip code information first and foremost. This is the first value the system scans. Based on the zip code, the item is routed to a particular distribution center. A single distribution services many zip codes, and once it is there the mail is sorted for delivery to specific post offices.

What will happen is that your package will still go to the correct distribution center but might face delays shipping to the correct post office. This is because the address will not match up exactly. However, this doesn't mean the package won't be delivered. It just means it might spend longer in processing.

Once the package gets to your local post office, there is a high chance it will deliver without issue. Local post offices locate you with your street address. So as long as it gets to the correct post office, you'll be fine.

Since you only moved a short distance and it's unlikely the area is serviced by different distribution centers, I think you have a good chance of it being delivered without issue. There's no guarantee but my best guess is that you'll face a delay but otherwise receive it just fine.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The USPS looks at zip code information first and foremost. This is the first value the system scans. Based on the zip code, the item is routed to a particular distribution center. A single distribution services many zip codes, and once it is there the mail is sorted for delivery to specific post offices.

What will happen is that your package will still go to the correct distribution center but might face delays shipping to the correct post office. This is because the address will not match up exactly. However, this doesn't mean the package won't be delivered. It just means it might spend longer in processing.

Once the package gets to your local post office, there is a high chance it will deliver without issue. Local post offices locate you with your street address. So as long as it gets to the correct post office, you'll be fine.

Since you only moved a short distance and it's unlikely the area is serviced by different distribution centers, I think you have a good chance of it being delivered without issue. There's no guarantee but my best guess is that you'll face a delay but otherwise receive it just fine.
Okay, that's reassuring. I also went and checked to see if there was a matching address in the other city/zip and luckily there was not. Just to be safe, I'm still gonna be on the lookout for additional preorders.

Apparently I can also choose to intercept the package once I receive a tracking number for a small fee to make any changes to the address. Now I'm wondering if I should give that a shot as well.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Okay, that's reassuring. I also went and checked to see if there was a matching address in the other city/zip and luckily there was not. Just to be safe, I'm still gonna be on the lookout for additional preorders.

Apparently I can also choose to intercept the package once I receive a tracking number for a small fee to make any changes to the address. Now I'm wondering if I should give that a shot as well.
This actually begs the question, is this shipping USPS or private carrier like UPS or FedEx?

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm actually not quite sure. It doesn't say on the order itself. I ordered something through Walmart before and I THINK it was USPS, but I can't remember.
All of these services allow reroutes (if you're willing to pay for it, usually like $16). But I'm not sure how the private carriers manage this compared to the USPS. Usually if you have an account (free) shipments will automatically appear in your account when they begin shipping, thus allowing you to make adjustments. But I'm not sure how this would work if your address never matches to begin with.

Walmart should be able to reroute a UPS/FedEx package through their own shipping account once tracking is created. They will charge you for it but that's definitely an option.

My company ships UPS and customers call all the time to reroute packages, especially around the holidays. It's very easy to do once the order has shipped.

Feb 1, 2018
I want that Pulse headset, dammit. It's only gone back in stock like twice

Also, re: the last few pages, if it makes yall feel any better, the profit from a PS5 scalp isn't very high. After 13% ebay/paypal fees, shipping, and sales tax on the 499, you're looking at like a $150-200 profit which arguably isn't worth the hours of stress and browser battling you had to do to get it. It's not the "easy money" that people make it out to be, it's actually a very pathetic scraping of the barrel and a symptom of a larger issue in our economy

melman101

Oct 27, 2017
damn went to pre order pulse 3d headset but it's sold out in canada. Does anybody know if this gonna be hard to get for launch on either retail or online.

No idea. What I can tell you is this... When the PS4 launched, they had launched the camera with it. At the Best Buy where I had my PS4 preorder, I did a midnight pickup. They had no more cameras left. The next morning I went to a different Best Buy and they had plenty of cameras in stock. So I guess, what I'm saying is, I don't know. But I would be shocked if you couldn't find it somewhere. Of course, it's COVID times, so who knows.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Has Sony given any indication about the PS5 controller battery life? I'm trying to figure out whether it's better to order an extra controller.

I wish PS controllers lasted as long as XBox controllers, especially the Elite.

GamerEDM

Banned
May 7, 2020
No idea. What I can tell you is this... When the PS4 launched, they had launched the camera with it. At the Best Buy where I had my PS4 preorder, I did a midnight pickup. They had no more cameras left. The next morning I went to a different Best Buy and they had plenty of cameras in stock. So I guess, what I'm saying is, I don't know. But I would be shocked if you couldn't find it somewhere. Of course, it's COVID times, so who knows.
thats good to hear thats what im hoping. Thanks for the reply

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I want that Pulse headset, dammit. It's only gone back in stock like twice

Also, re: the last few pages, if it makes yall feel any better, the profit from a PS5 scalp isn't very high. After 13% ebay/paypal fees, shipping, and sales tax on the 499, you're looking at like a $150-200 profit which arguably isn't worth the hours of stress and browser battling you had to do to get it. It's not the "easy money" that people make it out to be, it's actually a very pathetic scraping of the barrel and a symptom of a larger issue in our economy
Honestly, you're better off getting the Acrtis 1 wireless. It's compatible with all consoles and PC. Plus it's the same price. I've had the previous models and the build quality is definitely better than PS headsets.

Feb 1, 2018
Honestly, you're better off getting the Acrtis 1 wireless. It's compatible with all consoles and PC. Plus it's the same price. I've had the previous models and the build quality is definitely better than PS headsets.

Does Acrtis 1 have the equivalent of "3D Audio" the way Pulse does? I assume it's some kind of driver that works with dolby atmos and the new audio processor chip in the PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.