• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucionm

Jan 10, 2018
Given the scenario in the markets in recent weeks, MS shares are doing well.
They will not hesitate to battle Sony on price.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
People are missing the forests from the trees on PS5

the reduction of wasted data and bottlenecks is going to have a major impact on raw performance especially when it comes to efficiency, framerate, thermals you name it

If everything is moving as fast and efficiently as it can in the system its going to provide a level of reliability and consistency that will be hard to replicate

Though I imagine most high end PC players are like... SO what I just brute force everything and water cool that shit

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Z8sEThJ.jpg
Damn, still sore huh

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
2Y44kqu.png

Here's a table of comparison for the specs.

Please note that hardware specs don't always mean that performance will be better, etc. There is a ton of behind the scenes, not on paper things developed for each respective system to perform at different thresholds.
"Max frequency" rather than "variable frequency" would be more accurate.
It seems like this is only in boost mode.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
As long as both can run games similarly, I'm fine. I'm satisfied with 1080p60fps as a baseline.

Still a very powerful machine and that SSD speed will be interesting for next gen especially the exclusives like Spiderman and HZD

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Sounds very competitive with the Series X. I suppose the games will only be distinguishable by enthusiasts, so it seems like Sony have made a smart move if this is $80 or $100 cheaper.

There's absolutely nothing there that should push the price of the Series X more than $50 over.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
DF will more relevant than last gen, also I wonder how diffrent it will be to make a game for PS5 compared to Series X.

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Sony better hope they can get the price down below a series X. But I think both of these are going to end up at $500, and if MS has Lockhart at $300 Sony will not be the once dominant player it was this gen
There is a big gap for a reason - cost. If they're both the same price then Sony has fucked up incredibly bad.

And I've said it multiple times before, and it is worth repeating. It is Series X for a reason. PS5 was always going to be less. MS is coming out on day 1 with a pro model. Risky strategy but one that has caught Sony out if it is pulled off.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like they're going all in on speed being their key point (Not that the machine isn't a big jump from PS4). It'll be interesting to see how FP and TP developers use the system and how different games on Xbox's FP compared to Sony's turn out on a technical level.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the Direct Storage API is coming to PC to enable SSD enhancements for games. So the situation is not like you put it here.

the way I see it

whatever special sauce they put in here though.... I think all the next gen options for games be it XSX or high end PC are going to be fucking comparable

Will be interesting to see what the real world testing and benchmarks come up with though

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
But yeah from these I expect differences to be marginal. Probably resolution differences in most games and that's about it. The PS5 will kill it though on load times

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
So anybody with more technical knowledge than me guess on a ball park price, like $399?

That would be great

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hmm this does not seem like an as straight forward design as the XSX and I wonder about the cooling of course.

So far the Xbox has me more interested especially combined with their current service options. Still a lot to learn though.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So rabid fanboys will be in full force today cause there plastic box scored much. Grow up dog!!