• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
YES, IT HAS HDMI 2.1 INCLUDED IN THE BOX

ElUGugXUYAUP4X9

www.youtube.com

PS5 Launch Coverage - Kinda Funny Games

We have the PlayStation 5, and as embargos lift, this is where you can catch all of our hands-on coverage!

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 - Console and Controller Unboxing [Gaming Trend].mp4

It's the moment you've been waiting for -- we finally get to unbox the PlayStation 5, showing off the console itself as well as the DualSense controller. Che...

www.youtube.com

Sony PlayStation 5 unboxing and first look: Yeah, it's big

The PlayStation 5 is huge. Standing at 15.4 inches tall and 10.2 inches deep, the PS5 looks less like a gaming console and more like a massive, old-school en...

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 Unboxing!

Unboxing the NEW PlayStation 5 console and accessories! Subscribe for more videos: https://goo.gl/ASvlVw DualSense Controller: bestbuy.7tiv.net/32L1v HD Came...

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 Unboxing | The Download (Behind the Scenes)

Patrick Shanley unboxes the new PlayStation 5 and answers the question we've all been dying to know: how many pumpkins does it weigh? Click here to subscribe...

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 Unboxing

With the next generation of consoles right around the corner, we're taking a look inside the box and showing off what's inside when players get their hands o...

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 Unboxing

Join us as we unbox the brand new PlayStation 5 console, attach the base, and give our first impressions of the DualSense controller. PlayStation 5 launches ...

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 Unboxing & Accessories!

Sony PS5 is has arrived! This is the unboxing experience. #hype That shirt! http://shop.MKBHD.com Tech I'm using right now: https://www.amazon.com/shop/MKBHD...

www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 Unboxing! PS5 IS HERE!

Thanks so much to Sony and PlayStation for sending me a review PS5 to unbox and show you guys! WOW I'M SO EXCITED! ► SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE VIDEOS: http://www.yo...

Digital Edition:
www.youtube.com

PlayStation 5 | Die Next-Gen-Konsole im Unboxing-Video (Digital Edition)

Die Playstation 5 erscheint zwar erst am 19. November, doch wir haben bereits eine Digital Edition der Next-Gen-Konsole von Sony erhalten. In unserem Unboxin...

ElVTnVDXUAAUcHx

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Hm, it is a big console, but honestly it's not as big as thought based on some previous pictures.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Props to Engadget for doing the size comparison against a 90lb dog. That was the one I was hoping for!

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's a bit of a shapeshifter in and out of the box, sometimes it looks mahoosive and sometimes not.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Optical illusion is a strange thing!
Horizontal PS5 and XSX aren't that much different, but vertical PS5 is much larger than XSX for me.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
The console is sexy but the DS is standing out even more. It looks like a really comfortable controller with great new features and amazing design.
Obviously I have to wait until I have it in my own hands for a final verdict, but it seems I'm gonna be happy with that thing.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, looks like the PS5 is going to run into similar problems to the Series X in being too tall when placed on its side to fit in TV cabinets designed for DVD/Blu Ray players.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the other thread buttttt

Watched the Engadget video...Screwing the plate on isn't really that much of a pain lol...I have had to do the same when setting up my monitors or TVs since like forever. I get their point that it's an extra step but seems something silly to count as a negative?

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Is a lot smaller in terms of height than I expected judging by the pictures, but it sure is a wide boy! It looks effin' beautiful IMO, slick AF. Will watch the videos in a bit.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Watched IGN video. They compared the size to many other consoles - yep it's biggest console ever created lol.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I definitely learned Marques doesn't know how to unbox something without destroying the box.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in the other thread buttttt

Watched the Engadget video...Screwing the plate on isn't really that much of a pain lol...I have had to do the same when setting up my monitors or TVs since like forever. I get their point that it's an extra step but seems something silly to count as a negative?

Yeah it's a very minor inconvenience in the scheme of things.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
4YsSFUZ.jpg

This was the one I was looking for to help me visualise it in real terms for my set-up.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, did different outlets get different embargoes? Since some are saying they could only do unboxing and others have Astro footage?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I've always hated how poorly padded Sony consoles are in the package. Why can't they put in foam bracers for better protection rather than the eggshell/cardboard ones? This is a huge, heavy device, in particular.