• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
khcmblixrnl11.jpg

https://gearnuke.com/playstation-asia-survey-the-last-of-us-part-2/

Saw this pointed out on reddit just now. Could be a mistake or something incoming. Given the succes of the Crash remakes I wouldn't be surprised.

Crash me if old.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
You ain't getting Crashed since you posted it before most people, so you only get the bash v:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they meant Crash Team Racing?
It's a very specific mistake to make and there are no games that age in the rest of the choices. I'd say it's definitely a actual thing. Wether it's a pseudo remake with a different name (cause Sony owns CTR especifically) or if it's a completely new game is left to be seen.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Crash Bandicoot Racing is JP title for Crash Team Racing.
I am curious how this will be handled because here Sony does own stuff, CTR is a Sony game.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
Should be pointed out that all of these games minus CTR/CBR are playable on the PS4 in some fashion.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Should be pointed out that all of these games minus CTR/CBR are playable on the PS4 in some fashion.
They're all PS4 games except that one. You could argue they included Uncharted for being a previous Naughty Dog series but why not Jak then? They just skipped that series and you would think they'd include the N Sane trilogy as well.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
CTR2 let's go.

Just make sure you keep those tight physics. For a game from 1999, it plays like something from 2018.

Oct 30, 2017
Guys, saying it's the Japanese title of CTR doesn't excuse it from being a new game/remaster since none of the other mentioned games are from the PS1/PS2/PSP era and having that game listed would stand out considerably. I'm not saying this confirms anything but it deserves a look, even if it is an error.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
99% certain it's coming. Just a matter of when.

Be it a remake or remaster they can get these out in 18-24 months.

DtG

May 17, 2018
Maybe they'll throw in a CTR mini-game in TLOU2, kinda like what they did with Crash and Uncharted 4.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
So this is a pretty strong hint that there's going to be kart racing action in TLoU2 right? Maybe as a mini-game or a form of traversal from point A to point B.

The first game had horse-riding, so this would be one way to notch things up a gear.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like maybe the Crash Bandicoot game on the cards for 2019 is a CTR remake.

giphy.gif

Don't let me down Activision (or Sony if they still own the license).

Maybe this is Bluepoint's project?
Bluepoint said that their next project after Shadow of the Colossus, would be bigger in scope. I don't think CTR fits.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
please explain CTR being on a survey list with all PS4 games and the oldest game being AC:IV which was released in 2013
To me it seems like they're listing Naughty Dog's popular games (Uncharted, TLOU, Crash). It doesn't look like it means anything to me.
Now, I would kill for a CTR remaster or follow-up, since it was so good, but I think this is just something people are reading too much into out of confirmation bias.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
To me it seems like they're listing Naughty Dog's popular games (Uncharted, TLOU, Crash). It doesn't look like it means anything to me.
Now, I would kill for a CTR remaster or follow-up, since it was so good, but I think this is just something people are reading too much into out of confirmation bias.
lmao so they just left out all the Jak games?

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like God of War, Assassin's Creed and Biohazard 6 :)
And yet, for some reasons, they didn't mention Jak. I thought it was Naughty Dog's popular franchise too.
You can continue arguing in bad faith, and I will continue ignoring you.
They listed the other games because those are recent popular games; they listed the Crash games along with the whole Uncharted series because those are popular games by Naughty Dog, the developer for TLOU2. They didn't list the Jak games because Jak is the least popular IP worked on by naughty Dog, and it was never that big in Asia which is where this survey was held.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Booooo, I wanted another Crash platforming game and not a racing game...though I wonder if this will be exclusive or will Activision find a work around?

They listed the other games because those are recent popular games; they listed the Crash games along with the whole Uncharted series because those are popular games by Naughty Dog, the developer for TLOU2. They didn't list the Jak games because Jak is the least popular IP worked on by naughty Dog, and it was never that big in Asia which is where this survey was held.

All the game they listed are games that can be played on the PS4 with the expectation of Crash Team Racing, plus it just seems natural to expect a new Crash game next year.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
And you know this because ... ?

+

What games from other publishers are doing in that list? You didn't answer.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And you know this because ... ?

+

What games from other publishers are doing in that list? You didn't answer.
I literally told you why the other games are there.

So in a survey about a TPA game, they left out their other TPA games, to include a cart racing series? You sure this is the hill you wanna die on?
Dude, I don't want to die on any hill. I posted that I don't think it means anything. You asked me why. I explained. That's literally it. Why you and that other chap are so personally offended at me not attaching must value to this is beyond me.