• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys relax, I want announcements too but it's not "doomed" just because we don't know the list yet. Preorders are probably solid so they're sitting well there. I expect the full list about a month out.

Yeah, these would've had to start production a while ago so they better not be having issues with licenses, if they are it's going to be delayed.

You mean next week? It's a month out next Saturday.

No one here is worried about Sony, the issue for someone like myself is that I budget a certain amount for gaming - and, I've now got $100 set aside for something I may not want if the game list is terrible. But, if I cancel and it's good, I may not be able to get the system, which would upset me. Not giving your customers the information they need risks upsetting them ... And, it's happening. We're seeing less and less excited posts and more disgruntled posts. I'm confident Sony will sell out their first shipment, but, if they don't move soon, they will lose goodwill.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
You mean next week? It's a month out next Saturday.

No one here is worried about Sony, the issue for someone like myself is that I budget a certain amount for gaming - and, I've now got $100 set aside for something I may not want if the game list is terrible. But, if I cancel and it's good, I may not be able to get the system, which would upset me. Not giving your customers the information they need risks upsetting them ... And, it's happening. We're seeing less and less excited posts and more disgruntled posts. I'm confident Sony will sell out their first shipment, but, if they don't move soon, they will lose goodwill.
Yeah, in 10 days I think some of these posts would be more warranted. I'm just saying, relax a bit.

I don't know how your preorder works, but most I've seen say you can cancel up until shipping. If the list doesn't do it for you, or somehow doesn't materialize, then just cancel. I don't see these being as hard to find as the Nintendo Classics anyway.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Would be riot if it doesn't include Symphony of The Night? (i mean because the recent collection)

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
It's been over a month... where are the other games? At least 5 more of them?
Fully expecting Sony's website to be changed to something like this by the last week of November
VYVTfrH.png

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, in 10 days I think some of these posts would be more warranted.

I don't know how your preorder works, but most I've seen say you can cancel up until shipping. If the list doesn't do it for you, or somehow doesn't materialize, then just cancel. I don't see these being as hard to find as the Nintendo Classics anyway.

I can cancel, but the money is budgeted, so until I know what I'm doing, I can't spend it on games I want right now. I'm stuck in stasis at the mercy of their PR department, which isn't something you should do to your customers. You should want them excited about your product.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
It was probably a last minute design and they are still signing off licensing?

Could they be having emulation issues? For the hardware? I dunno. I hope copying Nintendo pays off for them. It would be bad if this thing runs games worse than a real ps1

They've been running PS1 emulation without issue since 2006 on multiple pieces of hardware... No need for "concern."

Nov 1, 2017
They've been running PS1 emulation without issue since 2006 on multiple pieces of hardware... No need for "concern."
Yes, but those have been running on relatively powerful systems for their time. The specs in this mini product could factor in to the emulation performance.

I think this might be a possibility of why Nintendo hasn't announced their own N64 Mini, assuming it even exists.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but those have been running on relatively powerful systems for their time. The specs in this mini product could factor in to the emulation performance.

I think this might be a possibility of why Nintendo hasn't announced their own N64 Mini, assuming it even exists.
Wasn't the PSTV the same price and handled PS1 emulation flawlessly (or good enough anyway)? Seems like a waste if they're not using the same PSTV hardware, or at least something very similar.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Paris Games Week is this week, so maybe then? If not, I have no idea what they're waiting for.

Lupin

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my Pessimist List:

Battle Arena Toshinden
1 Xtreme
Rayman
Ridge Racer Type 4
Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams
Cool Boarders
Air/Ace Combat
Final Fantasy VII
Jumping Flash!
Lemmings 3D OR: Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings
Gex 1
Jet Moto 1
Gran Turismo 1
Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition
Alundra 2
Beyond the Beyond
Jumping Flash! 2
Tekken 3
Wild Arms
Syphon Filter 1

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
This may be the most botched Sony announcement since the PS3.

This is becoming laughable. One month left till launch and basically nothing is known. This is a joke.
What could be sillier than announcing a bunch of PS1 Classic games in the middle of the Spider-Man, COD, RDR2 launches?

This is being bought by most people as a cool toy. The final game list is almost irrelevant. But for what it's worth it makes sense to either trickle them out at opportune moments. Or have a blowout sometime in November.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Here's my Pessimist List:

Battle Arena Toshinden
1 Xtreme
Rayman
Ridge Racer Type 4
Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams
Cool Boarders
Air/Ace Combat
Final Fantasy VII
Jumping Flash!
Lemmings 3D OR: Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings
Gex 1
Jet Moto 1
Gran Turismo 1
Bust-A-Move 2: Arcade Edition
Alundra 2
Beyond the Beyond
Jumping Flash! 2
Tekken 3
Wild Arms
Syphon Filter 1
That is a fairly depressing, yet totally realistic list. Nice work.

I would consider it a bust if it doesn't include at least some of the following:
Metal Gear Solid
Legend of Dragoon
Tomba
Crash Team Racing
Legend of Legaia (my dream game)
Tomb Raider (any of the PS1 games)

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That is a fairly depressing, yet totally realistic list. Nice work.

I would consider it a bust if it doesn't include at least some of the following:
Metal Gear Solid
Legend of Dragoon
Tomba
Crash Team Racing
Legend of Legaia (my dream game)
Tomb Raider (any of the PS1 games)
If they know what they're doing, I would say MGS, CTR and Tomb Raider are slam dunks.

I could see them excluding the regular Crash and Spyro games because of the remasters, but CTR hasn't been remastered yet, and well... it's Crash. He was the face of the platform when people still gave a shit about mascots. Come on now.

Konami and S-E have let their games appear on these classic consoles before (even on this you have FFVII) so I don't see why MGS and Tomb Raider should be difficult.

Goonopher

Oct 27, 2017
My predictions for the remaining 15

Tomb Raider II
Star Ocean 2
Vagrant Story
Kula World
Klonoa
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Mega Man Legends
Metal Gear Solid
WipEout 2097
Destruction Derby
Twisted Metal 2
Um Jamma Lammy
Soul Blade
Alundra

I'd imagine they'd rather sell you Castlevania, Parappa and MediEvil on PS4 than stick them on this.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
I know the current 'remasters' make them an unlikely inclusion, but a PlayStation Classic without Crash, Spyro or MediEvil just seems so wrong. Those games *were* the PlayStation brand. They were bold, distinctive, exclusive new properties and very few games had a comparable media/advertising presence.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

I mean, the PSP ran PSone games just fine in 2005. This is 2018 and we're paying $100 for the hardware... I'm sure it'll be fine.

The lack of announced games is almost guaranteed to be a marketing decision.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling we might hear something over the next few days.

Paris Games Week starts Friday so we might get a blog post for it.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
They still haven't announced the other games? Yikes.

My preorder hinges on the other games, because there's almost nothing of interest in the first several.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
They still haven't announced the other games? Yikes.

My preorder hinges on the other games, because there's almost nothing of interest in the first several.

They are really dragging this out, I would have thought that a few more would have been announced by now, the consoles themselves must have been made and are currently being made so they must have the full line-up of games, I suppose the games just need to be flashed onto a chip, but this must have already been done.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty embarrassing from Sony to put an item up for preorder with a mystery 15 items one month out from release. You all got sucked in.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are really dragging this out, I would have thought that a few more would have been announced by now, the consoles themselves must have been made and are currently being made so they must have the full line-up of games, I suppose the games just need to be flashed onto a chip, but this must have already been done.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ones announced were 'done deals' and the reason we haven't heard the rest is because the actual list is still in flux.

Is it going to get more games over time or is it literally going to be locked to what it ships with? Does it have PSN access?

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is Devil Dice included? My purchase hinges on it's availability.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Everytime this topic gets bumped I hope the games got revealed. I'm not buying this blindly. Hopefully they'll still be in stock well after the time the games are shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.