• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Flops like Spider-Man, HZD, and God of War.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
The lack of DualShock is a bummer. No way my thumbs are hardened enough to play through Final Fantasy VII without sticks.

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I don't think Sony creating this collector's item means that there is no hope for BC on PS5. I'm still expecting BC, so don't disappoint me, Sony!

I'm going to be disappointed, aren't I?

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Hahaha wow, even using the "classic" nomenclature. Although Playstation Classic is much cleaner than the mouthful that is Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
No, it was bullshit when Nintendo did it too. By that same logic newer phones shouldn't bother with power bricks because everybody already has one. The device should come with everything it needs to actually run.

Some phones don't.

At least with a traditional game console, you don't need to move it around with you: you just plug it into your TVs USB port.

Cursed Mega Man Mask

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 6, 2018
Hoping MGS, Persona 2 and Resident Evil are put on here, I'll take any Capcom title really.

Especially if it's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage For The Future.

I may or may not get this but I'm hoping this is a success so we can get that PS2 Classic.

It'd Probably have like, 10 games on it at most and it'd be first party titles I imagine.

But hey

Homebrew exists, Persona 4 time baybee

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sucks that no analog variant probably means no Ape Escape, but the game's not exactly hard to find so it's fine.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Welp now we can nuke the idea of PS5 becoming a BC dream machine, instead of letting MS take all the good praise with it next gen.

And you lost me with no analog controller, so no Ape escape. I'm sad

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
They managed to get Tekken 3 for this but could never land it for actually PS Classics on the store?

Boo Sony!

(I'm still going to buy this)

Aug 1, 2018
Lack of dual-shock controller kind of gives me hope that this will at least have a good chance of being one of the unannounced games:

220px-Omega_Boost_Coverart.png

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Awesome.

Here's hoping for significant on-board storage for adding additional games. Also hope they have an awesome CRT filter like the Nintendo classics. Also glad it uses micro USB so I can easily switch this out with NES and SNES.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I mean, I guess it's cool, but to be honest I'm not a fan of these mini consoles.
Mostly because of the limitation in game selection.
Let me actually put a disc on it and I'll buy it on day 1.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Need to wait till I get out of work to go to GameStop and preorder this. Hope it's not like SNES classic and NES classic so I can actually get a prorder.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Too small to fit a disk, and I'd guess probably not for the extra DL games as both a physical cost (WiFi/Ethernet/storage) and support saving method.

What a huge missed opportunity that would be. I already own the games they've announced here, but it would be amazing to have a little PS1 to play all the PS1 PSN titles people have.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Inevitable. I really don't see the appeal of these things (you can build a far more versatile emulation machine for the same money) but +1 for competition.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I really have no interest in owning these mini consoles. I want to consolidate the games I love onto as few systems as possible not increase the amount of shit sitting under the tv.

This news really irritates me as I've wanted PS1 games on PS4 for ages but instead we get this.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I'm not going back to the infancy of 3D graphics. So many Playstation games are ugly as shit. Thanks anyway Sony.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit! I woke up to this news and found myself quite excited. Pre-ordered one on Best Buy but the final game list will make or break things for me.

I need Spyro, Crash, MGS1, and Silent Hill at the bare minimum to justify that final purchase.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure modders will figure out how to allow us to customize and add to the library like they did with previous systems. With that said as it is now, it's more than worth it.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I missed lots of original PS games due to not being that into video games back then, might put this on my Christmas wishlist for my wife or pick it up myself.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if I can justify purchasing this when I already have well over 20 amazing PSX games on my Vita and 0 empty HDMI ports on my living room TV. I really love the look of it, though. I'm eager to see how the emulation is.

If this has Threads of Fate and solid emulation, I don't know if I can hold back.

Status
Not open for further replies.