• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
MOD EDIT: It's not the full-games, just their menu entries, which means they were tested on the console, but aren't downloaded into it

List

Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - Medievil - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - Medal of Honor - Vagrant Story - Tomba - Crash Bandicoot - Suikoden - Mega Man Legends - Kagero Xevious 3D - Tony Hawk's Pro Skateboarding - Tomb Raider - Tomb Raider II - Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Street Fighter EX Plus - Silent Hill - Ridge Racer - Ray Storm - Parappa the Rappa - Mr. Driller G - Kula World - Klonoa: Door to Phantomville - Gran Turismo - Fighting Force - Ehrgeiz - Toy Story 2 - Driver - Colin Mcrae Rally - Crash Bandicoot 2 - Parasite Eve for NA - Paca Paca Passion

https://gist.github.com/xyzz/5861868db529c0866ada8b8dc51380fa

------

Last edited by a moderator:

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Wowwwwww, that's fucking crazy.

HOLY SHIT. FUCKING EHRGEIZ?

Some of those publishers are gonna be pisssssed

EDIT: Oh, it's just the menu entries. That's not so bad. That makes it seem like they were some games they wanted / tested but couldn't get the publishers to sign off on.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I would have bought it just for Toy Story 2 and Harry Potter. Shame that these games aren't enabled. Really bad form for them to be on there but inaccessible.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's some legal ramifications given how much of those games require licensing

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That can't be good for Sony if they didn't have permission to distribute those third party games...

Deleted member 40953

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 12, 2018
Oh shit Harry Potter and Toy Story

Would actually be worth getting if those two were available to play

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
There you go.

A couple of months later they'll say "AND NOW INTRODUCING MORE GAMES" and have you download a 10 byte unlocker key for $40 or piece meal style.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Wait? The actual game files are stored? I thought it was only a list

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
OK, time to buy...I mean, surely some wizard will have those unlocked in next to no time?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Tomb Raider
Vagrant Story
Silent Hill
Gran Turismo
Crash & Crash 2
Soul Reaver
Medal of Honor

This 'new' list of games is such a huge fucking improvement over what's out (barring some exceptions like Tekken 3 etc).

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
actually, thinking about it - that doesn't make sense...surely there's not enough space, isn't only 7gb used up? for 56 game!?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it's downloaded in there? I saw last night that they were tested, but had no idea it was in there still somehow. That's completely bonkers and hella sleazy on Sony's part. This trainwreck doesn't stop

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, it could mean that Sony recalls all of them because that would be very against the law

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
So they were planning for these but didn't get the licenses? or what?
There is no way they could add some "DLC" cartridges or something that activates these later on, right?

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this is something that could have some actual consequences. How does this even happen?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sony was covering their bases as they tried to make deals for what to put on the PS Classic, right?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Can't they get in trouble for basically selling ROMs?

Boy, imagine if this all leads to a recall. Maybe I should actually have bought one of these.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Wait....so could those be enabled? If so that would make it a worthy buy, even if you have to kinda fiddle with it a bit.