• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's so stupid. I got lucky and have an Amazon Pick Up location I can go to, otherwise you are paying shipping yourself it seems, bleh.

They became my vendor of last resort years ago due to stuff like this. I'm not sure why they still have a large amount of defenders online and even IRL. Their warehouses are also the closest thing we have to sweat shops.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
They became my vendor of last resort years ago due to stuff like this. I'm not sure why they still have a large amount of defenders online and even IRL. Their warehouses are also the closest thing we have to sweat shops.
Well, they are sweat shops. Anyone who's worked non-management in a FC will tell you that.

At the Tampa warehouse I got in trouble for going poop during my shift, manager said next time hold it till break. He noticed something was "wrong" when I wasn't scanning an item to pick every nine seconds.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they are sweat shops. Anyone who's worked non-management in a FC will tell you that.

At the Tampa warehouse I got in trouble for going poop during my shift, manager said next time hold it till break. He noticed something was "wrong" when I wasn't scanning an item to pick every nine seconds.

Yeah that's awful. I have a couple of family members that thought it wise to drop out of college to work in one of their warehouses.

I do my best to minimize my business there, but aside from all the shitty things they've done.. their internal shipping is the icing on the cake. They've got people pissing in jars in the truck b/c there isn't time to stop. I've had some people delivering for them in personal vehicles, stuff like that. I'll take Fedex and UPS, thanks.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
no one actually has the amazon gift card by now, right? it is only sent to the email until the package ships, right?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Good, managed to pick up a compatible flash drive while I was out. Still waiting till it's a slightly nice interface and you can backup first

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Good, managed to pick up a compatible flash drive while I was out. Still waiting till it's a slightly nice interface and you can backup first

Bleemsync is pretty safe because it doesn't write anything into the console itself. It only writes in the USB drive.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
So what's the status in terms of a software/process that's fairly simple or beginner friendly? I'm getting one of these on Christmas and kind of wanna get ahead on getting a USB ready (do I need a specific one?)

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fyi it's $75 at Target if you want to pricematch at Best Buy and try for an extra gift card.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
Bought mine. Now I sit and wait for a Hakchi like tool to come out. In the meantime, has anyone taken the lead on making 226x226 px game boxart images for this thing yet?

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine Amazon is going to get anymore of these, this was surely a sale to get rid of stock and be done with them.

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered it on Amazon this morning for $75 with free same day shipping, supposedly with the $25 gift card also. And I used some existing points so I was only actually charged $11 for the order.
Does the gift card come in the box or through an email or what? My order is out for delivery now, no email though and the gift card isn't listed on the order details. Don't know how I'll be receiving it.

Anyway, at the speed the hacking scene is moving and the deal offered today, I bit. I don't actually need an extensive collection on additional storage, just a list of 20+ games that I hope to fit on internal storage by replacing existing games. I just want it to be my list and not Sony's list.

Castlevania SotN
Crash Bandicoot
FF7
Gran Turismo 2
LoK Soul Reaver
MediEvil
Mega Man Legends
MGS
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Ridge Racer T4
Silent Hill
Spyro
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tekken 3
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal 2
Wipeout 3

That's my own list but assuming I still had room to spare I'd add in some more games from existing series on the list like more Crash, RE1, more Spyro, another Oddworld, MegaManL2, and also a few more unrelated games like Jet Moto 2, Mega Man X3-6 and a Pro Skater.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ordered it on Amazon this morning for $75 with free same day shipping, supposedly with the $25 gift card also. And I used some existing points so I was only actually charged $11 for the order.
Does the gift card come in the box or through an email or what? My order is out for delivery now, no email though and the gift card isn't listed on the order details. Don't know how I'll be receiving it.

not sure, but when we should be receieving it, but if you do get to know more please tell us because now I'm not sure how is this going to work.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Anyway, at the speed the hacking scene is moving and the deal offered today, I bit. I don't actually need an extensive collection on additional storage, just a list of 20+ games that I hope to fit on internal storage by replacing existing games. I just want it to be my list and not Sony's list.

That's my own list but assuming I still had room to spare I'd add in some more games from existing series on the list like more Crash, RE1, more Spyro, another Oddworld, MegaManL2, and also a few more unrelated games like Jet Moto 2 and Mega Man X3-6.
Currently a usb is required to hack it

Oct 25, 2017
Currently a usb is required to hack it
Thanks, I'm aware of current limitations. I'm just figuring at the current speed of progress, chances are good for me to get what I want in the (near?) future and the deal offered this morning was good enough to bite and hope. And if it really didn't work out that way it's not too much trouble to pick up a little usb stick.
not sure, but when we should be receieving it, but if you do get to know more please tell us because now I'm not sure how is this going to work.
Yeah if I learn anything I'll let you know.

Last edited:

--R

Oct 25, 2017
My list right now:

Ace Combat 2
Arc the Lad
Brave Fencer Musashi
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
CTR
Destruction Derby 2
Driver
Einhander
FFIX
FFVII
FFVIII
Gran Turismo
Gran Turismo 2
Harmful Park
Hot Shots Golf 2
I.Q.
J. League Winning Eleven 2000
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
Legend of Dragoon
MGS
Parappa the Rapper
Pepsiman
Policenauts
R4
Racing Lagoon
RE2
Rival Schools
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Suikoden
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Wipeout XL
Xenogears

I kinda like everything being on a USB drive. A shame the compatibility seems to be kinda shaky though.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
My list right now:

I kinda like everything being on a USB drive. A shame the compatibility seems to be kinda shaky though.

Yeah, I plan on getting a slim USB drive and leaving it in the machine. Whenever it's safe to mod the internal storage I might swap the PAL roms for NTSC, too, but otherwise I was kind of ok with the lineup included.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The current hack sucks because it requires bin and cue files. It will need to support pbp files if it wants me to use the hack. I want to use all the digital copies I purchased.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
The emulator itself supports both bin/cue and pbp but Bleemsync only supports bin/cue for now. With a bit of time, pbp should work.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So I finally gave Bleemsync/Hacking my PSC a go. Is it possible with Bleemsync to have it both list the games on your system plus the new games added on the usb stick? When I tried it I only get what is on the USB stick. If by chance I should see my original games I wonder if it doesn't handle the fact my system is japanese. =/

I have to say, disabling frameskip seems to vastly improve the quality of the emulator. =/

--R

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally gave Bleemsync/Hacking my PSC a go. Is it possible with Bleemsync to have it both list the games on your system plus the new games added on the usb stick? When I tried it I only get what is on the USB stick. If by chance I should see my original games I wonder if it doesn't handle the fact my system is japanese. =/

I have to say, disabling frameskip seems to vastly improve the quality of the emulator. =/

They're working on it, but if you want to access the original games you have to take out the USB for now.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Bleemcast hack and the access to the emulator settings allow an option to correct the awful filtered video output? Or do we need to wait on a better emulator option?

Oct 25, 2017
Got the box, no gift card inside, no email code, no credit balance on account. Hopped on chat to ask them about it.

They didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about and asked me to provide a screenshot. I'm like dude..it's on the product page right now. So I sent them a link to their own product page instead.
Then after a few minutes they said, oh okay, add the playstation classic to your cart now and see if it you get the promotion! And I'm like...nooooo, you're not getting it, I'm not ordering it a second time, and my gift card balance is still zero.

So they said...let me transfer you to another member of our team. Okay.
Then before I even said anything, that new person also said...let me transfer you to another another member of our team. Okay.

So now employee number three says, whoops, this promotion didn't get applied to your order. You want me to apply a $25 credit to your account?

Yes.

It got applied, I put an order in for the Spider-verse art book and was therefore able to confirm at that time that it was applied to my account. So I'm getting that for free now.
It took some work but we got there. The end.

Last edited:

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got the box, no gift card inside, no email code, no credit balance on account. Hopped on chat to ask them about it.

They didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about and asked me to provide a screenshot. I'm like dude..it's on the product page right now. So I sent them a link to their own product page instead.
Then after a few minutes they said, oh okay, add the playstation classic to your cart now and see if it you get the promotion! And I'm like...nooooo, you're not getting it, I'm not ordering it a second time, and my gift card balance is still zero.

So they said...let me transfer you to another member of our team. Okay.
Then before I even said anything, that new person also said...let me transfer you to another another member of our team. Okay.

So now employee number three says, whoops, this promotion didn't get applied to your order. You want me to apply a $25 credit to your account?

Yes.

It got applied, I put an order in for the Spider-verse art book and was therefore able to confirm at that time that it was applied to my account. So I'm getting that for free now.
It took some work but we got there. The end.

Guess I'll have to do the same after it ships... thanks for the heads up, I'll contact them after mine ships

Snazz

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Does it seem like bleemsync will be the method from now on, or is it likely it'll be more like the (S)NES where you can add games alongside the existing ones?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Does it seem like bleemsync will be the method from now on, or is it likely it'll be more like the (S)NES where you can add games alongside the existing ones?
Bleemsync seems to be convienent and is getting more foolproof, however the long term hope is to improve the emulator and software will need a hachki style solution so it's a matter of time till that gets figured out. In some ways Bleemsync is super convient