• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Got myself a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 32GB. I should be able to setup everything with this I'm hoping.

$5 at Walmart. Can't complain for that price.

Just want to be able to get SaGa Frontier and Xenogears on this thing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 32GB. I should be able to setup everything with this I'm hoping.

I'm playing Xenogears on it right now, 7 hours in.

Runs pretty well so far, only time I notice slowdowns is at the end of a fight when the exp gets in, the music slows down a bit.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm guessing the Micro USB port on the back acts only as a power source, and not as a communication port?

Basically, curious if I can plug a USB hub into the back to still deliver power and also house the USB drive for Bleemsync, or if the USB drive has to be plugged into one of the front ports.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm guessing the Micro USB port on the back acts only as a power source, and not as a communication port?

Basically, curious if I can plug a USB hub into the back to still deliver power and also house the USB drive for Bleemsync, or if the USB drive has to be plugged into one of the front ports.

I can't recall where I saw this, but I think the New Year's update for Bleem Sync is purported to be opening up the rear USB port for data.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok finally have some me time to dump into a jrpg so it's back to the base roster to play wild arms!

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
$100 is NOT an impulse buy.

$60 like the NES classic, maybe. But thats probably the limit. Only reason the SNES did well at $80 is because people remembered how good the NES was so they trusted Nintendo (that and of course, the scalpers).
Well that and the SNES library holds up amazingly, and the spread in the SNES Classic is a pretty good approximation of its best games. There's a couple missing here and there, but you can't go wrong with the selection.

I actually don't mind the lineup for the PS1, but obviously a lot of people do, and the emulation issues and overall shoddiness didn't help matters. It's also much harder imo to compile a definitive lineup for a PS1 Classic because the system was different things to different people (not that the included lineup comes close, Rainbow Six, really?).

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just had my £49.99 PS Classic through the post! Any word on a limit to the amount of games you can get on it via Bleem?

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Would Bleemsync let you use something like a Game Genie or Action Replay?

Just thinking of the first three Resident Evil games which I'm terrible at and always have to cheat on in order to not fail immediately.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Tried to stack the coupon with price match yesterday and the rep didn't allow it. It scanned as full price instead of 59.99.
hmmm I may try it today but if it is not working then I am not interested.

Didn't the retail price of the Classic go down to 59.99 everywhere. I get the issue with the cartwheel app but it seems like Target shot themselves in the foot here if they still have 40% and the retail price is now 59.99

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Cancelled my pre-order because it was absolutely not worth the $100 to me, I was very much considering the $60, but with the Target trick I was pretty on board with getting one for $35, so I did.

So if I want to play different .iso titles I can't put them into the console, I'd have to have a flash drive hanging out of one of the USB/controller ports on the front?

Also I have read about people just straight up using a different emulator in the console altogether and scrapping the one it uses natively to have it run better? Is this accurate? I'm torn between keeping it authentic and the quality of emulation.

Edit:

hmmm I may try it today but if it is not working then I am not interested.

Didn't the retail price of the Classic go down to 59.99 everywhere. I get the issue with the cartwheel app but it seems like Target shot themselves in the foot here if they still have 40% and the retail price is now 59.99

My Target allowed it. Mileage may vary depending on how much the employees care I guess.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Didn't work out at my Target but I grabbed it for $60 anyway. I'm a real big PS1 enthusiast and even with the shortcomings I'm just filled with a nice nostalgic sense with this thing, and of course I'm gonna hack it to hell and back with some of my favorites.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Nice, I just grabbed the same USB drive but 64gb. £9 from Amazon! Gonna pack it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Grabbed mine today! Sandisk Cruzer Blades are weirdly next to impossible to find in my area, but according the the list of compatible drives in that Google Doc, the WD 32GB Easystore works just fine. Can't complain for $8. Already spent yesterday ripping my discs (Bin/cue should work fine, right?), so hopefully getting Bleemsync up and running goes without a hitch.

Also, I've gotta say, as someone that regrettably didn't do a good job of keeping my console boxes until around the start of the PS3/Wii/360 generation, I love that the classic consoles go out of their way to recreate the aesthetic of the original packaging.

d6YSxcu.jpg

Stoffinator

Oct 27, 2017
I can not believe I have to buy an adapter in order to play this. What a joke. And no I do not own one already cause I do not own any smartphones.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Hmm. I have the coupon in my app right now and I'm planning on heading over to Target in an hour. I'm going to give it a try since I stand to reclaim about $40.
What does the coupon say, I'll search for it in my app.

Edit: I can find it on the website but it doesn't have a barcode. When I try to open it in the target app it tells me it's unavailable.

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
So I know 8bitdo is coming out with a PS specific bluetooth adapter, but is it any different then the adapter they already have out, besides cosmetically? Would the one designed for the SNES Classic work on the PSC?

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
What does the coupon say, I'll search for it in my app.

Edit: I can find it on the website but it doesn't have a barcode. When I try to open it in the target app it tells me it's unavailable.

I added it to my cart in the Cartwheel app last night. I wonder if they removed it? I'm hoping I can still use it when I go over there. It says it is only for in-store so I'll head to the video game department and try it out.

Edit: Cartwheel app merged back into the default Target app.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I added it to my cart in the Cartwheel app last night. I wonder if they removed it? I'm hoping I can still use it when I go over there. It says it is only for in-store so I'll head to the video game department and try it out.

Edit: Cartwheel app merged back into the default Target app.

Yeah, I've got it on "the website" so I might try it that way and act dumb. If they go with it, rad, if they don't I'm not gonna push it.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Once we have a public release to update the flash, I wonder how much work it would be to roll an updated version of the emulator to also support ds3 & ds4 support with sticks & rumble.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Still not working. Guess I'm not touching this until games can be loaded directly onto this, because I'm not buying another USB stick.