• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys,

A quick question.

Which multi-USB port you suggest when emulating games (meaning that the second USB port is busy with the flash drive)?

I bought this one: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01MXEQ5AZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but it is not working properly (doesn't recognize one of the controllers or it recognize one as the first one and then as the second one).

Thanks!
Or you could install BleemSync 1.1 which patches the PS Classic firmware to support OTG adapters. It works even if you use AutoBleem or Retroboot alone.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
If I load up Autobleem on my Classic, will it wipe my data on my PSX Classic? I'm right at the end of Persona and don't want to lose my file.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
If I load up Autobleem on my Classic, will it wipe my data on my PSX Classic? I'm right at the end of Persona and don't want to lose my file.
No, autobleem is 100% self contained on the memory card. Bleemsync modifies the console firmware a little bit, but also won't touch the internal games or saves.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Hey guys I have a quick question...just getting started here. Are all of the stock games on the PSC bad in some way or another, or just the 9 that are PAL? Using Autobleem, do I need to replace them all with better ROMs or does Autobleem automatically fix them?

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys I have a quick question...just getting started here. Are all of the stock games on the PSC bad in some way or another, or just the 9 that are PAL? Using Autobleem, do I need to replace them all with better ROMs or does Autobleem automatically fix them?
I would say only the PAL ones are truly worse. Also, AutoBleem does not automatically fix anything. You will need to supply it with your own replacement NTSC ROMs.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
There was an option to run 50Hz games at 60Hz even in the stock emulator but it was hidden. It's possible that Autobleem automatically enables it but I read somewhere that it isn't a perfect solution.
I see, that makes sense.

In case this helps anyone else (since I've been dicking around with this shit for the past two days)...

In order to enable Dualshock capabilities using a DS4 with an 8bitdo wireless adapter, currently you need to:
  1. Load Retroarch (Either through Autobleem, Retroboot, or whatever)
  2. Hold the SELECT+UP buttons (Share+Up on the DS4) for 3 seconds to put the adapter into "X-INPUT" mode, whatever the fuck that is
  3. Start Game
  4. Press SELECT+START (Share+Options on the DS4)
  5. Scroll down to game OPTIONS
  6. Change Controller Type from STANDARD to DUALSHOCK
  7. Create Config File using option at the top to save changes
I was happy to finally enjoy a bit of Ape Escape and perform the rumble test in the Metal Gear Solid in-game options. Now I just need to find a list of all the games that had Dualshock support and apply these settings in Retroarch.

Does Retroboot/Retroarch have any kind of theme or cover art customization? I want to switch from Autobleem now that it seems like Retroarch is the only way I can currently get Dualshock capability.

P.S. the 8bitdo wireless adapter really doesn't play nice with the stock PS Classic or Autobleem. Besides not recognizing Dualshock capabilities of the DS4, the PSC in Autobleem recognizes the 8bitdo adapter as a keyboard and adds an obtrusive mouse-cursor to the upper-left corner of the screen that you can only hide temporarily with an awkward button-combination every time you open a new game. So fucking annoying.

Last edited:

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Oh damn, I didn't realize you can launch games into Retroarch from the Autobleem frontend by pressing Square. So I can just do that for the games that utilize Dualshock. But I still have to switch the 8bitdo adapter from X-Input back to PS Classic Mode when returning to Autobleem because Autobleem gets all confused and flustered by X-Input and now my DS4 / 8bitdo adapter is going fucking berserk with rapidly repeating directional presses for no reason. WHY

Last edited:

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I acquired everything recommended by MadLittlePixel on YouTube and am beginning to wonder if he isn't the most thorough tester. As I'm running Autobleem 0.7.1, I'm having issues at various points. Here's the list of everything he uses:

OTG Adapter: https://amzn.to/2YRhuS1
256gb Drive: https://amzn.to/2YhULxQ
8Bitdo Adapter: https://amzn.to/2SKdIaA
PS Classic Case: https://amzn.to/2XDdbZA

SO now I'm running into issues where stuff isn't working half of the time and I have some questions:

-Are USB 3 memory sticks (such as the one linked above) working on the PS Classic now? Back when I was using Autobleem 0.5, you had to use a USB 2 stick because 3's would draw too much power. Seems like people are under the impression that changed? I bought that 256GB Samsung and half the time it works and half the time it does not. Meanwhile, my old USB2 64GB stick works every single time.

-When autobleem 0.7.1 doesn't load, I get the normal PS Classic UI with the stock games, but after a few seconds, the screen goes black. This makes me wonder if its a power draw issue with either the USB stick, the OTG adapter, or both. Also running into issues where the OTG adapter doesn't seem to be working as I can't reliably get USB2 or 3 reading through it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Back when I was using a USB2 with Autobleem 0.5, I could get everything working every time. The only problem was that my stick was 64GB so I couldn't fit everything on there that I wanted to. The whole point of getting that 256GB Samsung stick was to have every game I could want on there and be done with it. No need to ever swap out roms to make room, etc. Is the dream dead? I'm just not sure what to do at this point. Seems like a lot of people are having success with Autobleem 0.7.1 but I've had nothing but hassle so far.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
-Are USB 3 memory sticks (such as the one linked above) working on the PS Classic now? Back when I was using Autobleem 0.5, you had to use a USB 2 stick because 3's would draw too much power. Seems like people are under the impression that changed? I bought that 256GB Samsung and half the time it works and half the time it does not. Meanwhile, my old USB2 64GB stick works every single time.

-When autobleem 0.7.1 doesn't load, I get the normal PS Classic UI with the stock games, but after a few seconds, the screen goes black. This makes me wonder if its a power draw issue with either the USB stick, the OTG adapter, or both. Also running into issues where the OTG adapter doesn't seem to be working as I can't reliably get USB2 or 3 reading through it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Back when I was using a USB2 with Autobleem 0.5, I could get everything working every time. The only problem was that my stick was 64GB so I couldn't fit everything on there that I wanted to. The whole point of getting that 256GB Samsung stick was to have every game I could want on there and be done with it. No need to ever swap out roms to make room, etc. Is the dream dead? I'm just not sure what to do at this point. Seems like a lot of people are having success with Autobleem 0.7.1 but I've had nothing but hassle so far.
USB 3 sticks should work at USB 2 speeds but only if you connect them to an OTG adapter and you HAVE to install Bleemsync's custom kernel before running Autobleem. Autobleem doesn't modify the internal memory so it doesn't have OTG support by itself.
If nothing works maybe try a powered USB hub?

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USB 3 sticks should work at USB 2 speeds but only if you connect them to an OTG adapter and you HAVE to install Bleemsync's custom kernel before running Autobleem. Autobleem doesn't modify the internal memory so it doesn't have OTG support by itself.
If nothing works maybe try a powered USB hub?
Thanks. This is the first I've heard of needing that custom kernel. What's that process like? And where can I find it?

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks. This is the first I've heard of needing that custom kernel. What's that process like? And where can I find it?

Follow the first guide "How to install from fresh (Including OTG setup)". Steps 1 to 13.
Afterwards you can turn off the console, insert a new USB drive with Autobleem, or format the drive you were already using and copy the Autobleem files there.
After installing the kernel you can format your drive to extfat or NTFS instead of FAT32 because the new kernel supports those file systems.
Or you could keep using Bleemsync considering you already did all the steps to install it.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Follow the first guide "How to install from fresh (Including OTG setup)". Steps 1 to 13.
Afterwards you can turn off the console, insert a new USB drive with Autobleem, or format the drive you were already using and copy the Autobleem files there.
After installing the kernel you can format your drive to extfat or NTFS instead of FAT32 because the new kernel supports those file systems.
Or you could keep using Bleemsync considering you already did all the steps to install it.
Cool, thanks! I'll check that out this weekend.

delalaser

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list of rec. things to buy (i.e., usb, power hub)? I've seen several recs but wondering if there's a unified list

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I'm trying to get the game covers to appear on Bleemsync. I followed the steps in the Bleemsync tutorial online but I'm still not seeing them. Am I supposed to take the cover images and place them in each game's respective folders after I unzip the files into the "cover" folder. I was under the impression that it somehow did it all automatically but it would make more sense if I had to assign covers to games.

edit: figured it out. I fucked up and did the covers after the games I uploaded. I added some more games and their covers showed up. Don't put the cart before the horse, folks.

Last edited:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
If Autobleem isn't booting (just getting the stock UI) can it still be an issue with the type of USB stick I'm using if I AM in fact seeing an LED come on on the drive indicating it IS drawing power?

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where's a good guide for hacking the Classic?
I did it yesterday. Basically I did some research and thought the best option would be Retroboot. It doesn't change anything on the device itself, boots off a USB stick.
It really just involves putting files on a stick, naming and formatting it properly, plugging it in on the second USB stick and done. It will boot straight into retroarch and you can play the pre installed games immediately.
At this stage you basically have just a different interface to the games carousel that the device comes with.
The actual benefit is that the emulation of psx will be better because of a better built of pcsxe and you can add other roms easily.

I also configured fast forward yesterday to a key combination to see how fast the device can go and got >100fps on Ridge Racer which only shows how bad the emulator build from Sony was.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys, haven't messed with this since last summer and old school autobleem. Would like to upgrade what I got so what's the best program now? Hopefully it's a touch more convient and actually allows for libraries in retroarch now instead of having to find the files

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, haven't messed with this since last summer and old school autobleem. Would like to upgrade what I got so what's the best program now? Hopefully it's a touch more convient and actually allows for libraries in retroarch now instead of having to find the files
I use Retroboot. It just boots into retroarch, you have the built in games immediately available and you can add roms easily. It also doesn't touch anything on the PSC itself.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Bleemsync or Autobleem are obvious ones. You're familiar with the latter I think.
Yep I just haven't updated it since.... last May or July I think. Admittedly if I did update autobleem then I don't have to redo the games I've added

edit: turns out there's a retroboot add on for autobleem, that could work. What's the perks?

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so here's what I'm going with, plan to update it this afternoon with the newest autobleem and the retroboot add on so I can hopefully get the best of both worlds. As I use it for a good chunk of ps1 games and some convience for a couple other systems too. Will give update when finished

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so copied over and almost everything works... except my added PS games don't show up in the main autobleem menu. They show up in retroarch but not there despite the fact the games are being scanned
Edit: if I had to guess how game folders work was changed but there's not an explanation of how to fix it

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Autobleem is dead but the mod my classic guys have the new project eris and the biggest thing is it has a desktop interface like hachki coming down the line
Project ERIS desktop app on it's way!
We have teamed up with the talented pascl who created the desktop app pbPSCReAlpha who is currently working with us to form the new incarnation of the Project Eris Desktop App! We are very excited about this and happy to have him on the team. A lot of people wanted a dedicated desktop app for BleemSync originally and now we will have one specifically for Project Eris.

Whilst the desktop app will not be ready for release at the same time as the initial release of Project Eris, it's currently being worked on as you read this and here are some WIP screenshots of it in action.
I may wait to update till that's out

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I've seen this posted before, but if you're getting an OTG for your PS Classic, make sure you get one where the USB is on a wire and rests comfortably on the ground. I got one of those L-shaped ones (so the USB is "floating" in the air) and I think the pressure it's putting on the power jack is starting to damage it. My system reset on me when I accidentally moved it when adjusting the (very short) cord on my controller.