• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
No he means that you cannot power it from a TV/PC USB out.

Basically, it needs a power charger. Or a 'powerful' USB out, if that exists.

The NES/SNES Classics could turn on simply by being plugged on a basic USB output. Making it more of a bitch to hack if it cannot be turned on that way.
Ugh. How annoying.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any problems powering it with an OTG cable to my PC. You should try doing that, see if it works.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thing looks sweet with the others. :3
AKhXUtI.jpg
vHy070c.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
I mean as much as this thing sucks, it's got the goddamn Sony Computer Entertainment intro with the godlike sound. If that intro was available to purchase for PS4 or Vita I would.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Here's the Japanese version of the commercial. Rayman replaced with Devil Dice character, an Armored Core fighting MG Rex, and Vic Viper at the very end.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm still having fun with it, I just try not caring.

The controller feels good, I can see the reflect of my TV on the brand new plastic around the D-pad and the buttons and...lol IDK that's nice! I did just hit the 30's so this hits a special spot.

Also I can now say that I power a Playstation with a Nintendo power supply! :lol

4K Cloud says hi.

i4GhVdO.jpg

Last edited:

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I had to resort to a wall plug. Kind of not fun due to the overcrowding on my entertainment system.

Anyway I really cant wait for this to be hacked... Would like to have wireless DS or even regular PS controller support because these cords are too, too, too short.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
That thread title lol. Awesome.

I might pick one up later just because...

I really want a PS2 Classic with at least 30 games.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Currently unboxing my unit.

Ain't this thing the cutest!

Now to actually plug it and feel kinda underwhelmed. \o/

For the record, I'm used to accurate emulation, haha!

My thought exactly! I think the shell is more detailed than SNES classic. The embedded logo on top is just lovely.
I just tried R4, it's not as bad as the DF video suggests. Even comparing side by side with my vita.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
It's a shame. I would've bought this had the game selection been good.

It's so damn cute tho 😍

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cancelled my preorder but i'm contemplating getting one after seeing OP's pics here. If I continued with the preorder I honestly won't even unwrapped it and just stare longingly at it (my hdmi slots are full too). I just cancelled it as a way of 'voting with your wallet' but damn that looks sexy.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first time playing Mr. Driller and I'm really digging it! I expected it to be block matcher, well it kind of is, but it's more digging as fast as you can while creating tunnels that won't crush you. You can just get into the zone and it feels really good.

I'm really happy with my purchase so far, the only thing I don't like is the short controller cords.

Also Twisted Metal does not hold up well... at all.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Fucking yes and LOL at the same time

This is my first time playing Mr. Driller and I'm really digging it! I expected it to be block matcher, well it kind of is, but it's more digging as fast as you can while creating tunnels that won't crush you. You can just get into the zone and it feels really good.

I'm really happy with my purchase so far, the only thing I don't like is the short controller cords.

Also Twisted Metal does not hold up well... at all.
2 is the best one. Baffling they didn't pick it instead of 1

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm train of thought, if we can access the emulator menu, maybe someone can access the debug/os, and if so adding games could be as simple as adding the usb p2 slot to the directory and load games off a usb drive. Or at least that's my train of thought

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. This isn't sought after or supply constrained like the Nintendo classic systems were. You can order this off Amazon right now for next day delivery.
Roger. Will return. Wanted to see if I could help someone out but hope consumers vote with their wallets and this thing flounders.

DigitalDivide

Oct 27, 2017
Using that menu I was able to change Tekken 3 back to NTSC so it ran at 60 fps. I guess the question is why isnt it configured that way from the start?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Using that menu I was able to change Tekken 3 back to NTSC so it ran at 60 fps. I guess the question is why isnt it configured that way from the start?

Er, what?

Isn't the only way to play NTSC format game is to play an NTSC ISO? I mean, it's all for the better if the framerate's better too!

I'm almost asleep, will try tomorrow with my keyboard.

DigitalDivide

Oct 27, 2017
Er, what?

Isn't the only way to play NTSC format game is to play an NTSC ISO? I mean, it's all for the better if the framerate's better too!

I'm almost asleep, will try tomorrow with my keyboard.

It still loads the PAL ISO but it looks like the emulator seems to be forcing it to run faster. You can also turn the frame skip off.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
Ok. So I plugged in my DIY arcade stick and it works......
I used one of those generic Dragonrise USB joystick boards from amazon, so I'm guessing that Dualshock 2/3 would work as well.

Edit: only the joystick. none of the buttons work. Oh well.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
so do those emulator menu settings stay saved or do you have to set it everytime you turn on the console? I'd imagine that any changes would be saved in a config file like any other emulator.