• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Uh, OK. But what is PlayStation Direct lol. Sorry I must have missed the reveal

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
So another website that says 'sold out'. Awesome. Why cant they implement a ticket system or waiting list?!

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
So another website that says 'sold out'. Awesome. Why cant they implement a ticket system or waiting list?!

I get that this store didn't exist last year but Sony really needs to leverage this store and the PSN user database in the future.
It's beyond me why they didn't allot PS5s in relation to PSN membership length and "money spent on PSN".

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK

Really never understood why the three console manufacturers can't have a system like Apple.
Where the estimated ship date on their website just moves backwards as more people order.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
"Order your new Sony PlayStation console or accessories directly from PlayStation. Browse PS5 and PS4 consoles, accessories, and games."

Jesus people, it's literally in English in the little preview of the link on this very page lmao

Anyway, seems neat that there's a more centralized site now, hope it'll be a wee bit easier for some friends getting a PS5 now. Still crazy how I was the only one in my German group of friends who was able to get one on release. :(

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
"Order your new Sony PlayStation console or accessories directly from PlayStation. Browse PS5 and PS4 consoles, accessories, and games."

Jesus people, it's literally in English in the little preview of the link on this very page lmao

Anyway, seems neat that there's a more centralized site now, hope it'll be a wee bit easier for some friends getting a PS5 now. Still crazy how I was the only one in my German group of friends who was able to get one on release. :(
That's fine and all, but usually a little blurb from the OP about what it is, what their opinions on it are etc. would be better than just posting a couple of links and calling it a thread.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Finally. I heard about this a while ago and it's good to see them actually launching it.

Ditto the comments on why they couldn't do a waiting list/Apple delivery ETA. If they're going to put sold out then they could've just waited until they have much better supply.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a smart thing to do with most retail stores struggling (and probably dying) due to shopping habits changing. Another big o line player, even if it is Sony themselves, is fine by me.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
It's their own online shop. The most noteworthy feature is that when PS5 batches are ready to be sold, they have a bit of a queue system to attempt to give you a chance at getting one. Would be curious if there are actually any success stories here though lol.
I got thru once, but my bank declined the order. I had ordered some other things around the same time and that purchase was flagged for suspicious activity.

I eventually got a PS5 from Sam's Club a few weeks later. I know some ppl like to joke ....or may be serious ...about not getting one but it is possible. Its not as easy to get a console as it was before the pandemic but still. Its not impossible.

One thing I have experienced when buying from Sony, I got my orders either a few days early or on time.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hah the website is REALLY new.
PS5 page says 825 GB "Lagerung", which means storage in German... but like garage storage or whatever. not disk space storage.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Kinda funny that you need PS+ to order from the store.

Of course PS5 is not available, and no mention of any date.

EDIT:
I got that wrong.
PS+ is for free delivery.
For specified products you will need a PSN Account, maybe products like PS5.

Last edited:

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017

PlayStation®-Konsolen, Spiele und Zubehör kaufen | PlayStation® (Deutschland)

Bestelle deine neuen Sony PlayStation-Konsolen, Spiele und Zubehör direkt bei PlayStation. Siehe dir PS5- und PS4-Konsolen, Zubehör und Spiele an.

The UK is still in Europe you know, even though they left the European Union.
Kinda funny that you need PS+ to order from the store.

Of course PS5 is not available, and no mention of any date.

To stop scalpers who most likely don't have PSN accounts let alone subscribed to PS+. Makes sure it get to the hardcore users, which for Sony is a good thing because they spend significantly more than none subscribed users.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really never understood why the three console manufacturers can't have a system like Apple.
Where the estimated ship date on their website just moves backwards as more people order.
Probably because it would be embarrassingly long queue, possibly years. Imagine paying for PS5 with estimated ship date of November 2023.

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Think this might be the best place to ask this. A friend in France is still trying to secure a PS5, does anyone have any good France specific stock finder twitter accounts or discords that I could recommend them?

Also I can't recall if the US PlayStation Direct shipped internationally, did anyone get one from there? Wondering if it'd be worth trying the German direct if it's up first.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hopefully Sony will use this to sell a ton of PS5s directly to customers. Only sell them to people who have a PSN account x years old or only have an active PS+ sub to filter out the scalpers, with it obviously being limited to 1 console per account.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
As far as I know direct is the best way to get a PS5 in the US; no forced bundles, they have sort of a line and limit the amount of people that can access; free shipping if you have plus. Though if you're selected it's smooth sailing when I used it, and not victim to bots. It's a good thing in that sense that they're giving other countries this opportunity.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is really good for folks prob will help get people in the EU Playstations.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Great news, been waiting for this. I hope they offer PSVR2 on there, I'm already nervous thinking about the nightmare it will be getting one on day 1, this might make it a bit more likely.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I just bet Ireland will be forgotten about or have to use the UK site and get caught in customs.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
They are launching the second country sooner than I expected so hopefully it launches in the Netherlands soon also (it was one of the countries mentioned in the tweet)