• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I bet this was one of the biggest announcements Geoff had for today. He can't be happy right now (neither is Sony).

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the trailer and yeah, that's definitely nicer than a lot of the screenshots made it out to be. Won't be buying it directly but if it's ever given away through PS+, I'll play it again.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Man testament to how good the og look hard for me to see a big difference? Any comparisons?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
THis looks great but I will need to see what gameplay additions they made before I throw down $70. If it's mostly just graphical, I'll pass for now.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
some of these shots are hinging on that "oh this is how i remember it looking" when it actually didn't at all but that's how i remember it so idk if it's worth it for me personally lol
Same. It's probably a huge upgrade, but looking at the screenshots is kind of how I remembered the game looking. Probably not getting it especially at 70.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
So when was this supposed to be announced? Clearly the trailer is ready but it wasn't in the State of Play. Is there another Sony conference coming up soon I didn't know about? (Serious question, I honestly thought the State of Play was it for the pseudo-E3/Summer Games Fest period.)

Considering the timing, I'm assuming it was supposed to be in a couple of hours from now at SGF.

Callum

Oct 27, 2017
FU0pVCfUAAAur4Q

FU0pWIhVIAQVZcI
Presumably the cutscenes in this are real-time unlike the ps3 original which had prerendered cutscenes, so it's pretty cool to see how two generations later Naughty Dog can improve on them in real time

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Uhhh, after seeing it I think I'll just wait on the PC version. Even then maybe a sale. I've played the game for over 300 hours already. This looks good, but I think I would have been fine if it didn't exist. PS4 version still looks fine.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
PC version for me, but I've already bought the game twice. Not a chance in hell I'm paying anywhere close to $70 for it.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Jesus the images and trailer just reinforce how unnecessary this is. And at £70. Christ.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, will need to see how the gameplay and levels have changed (if at all), but excited it'll be on PC.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a full blown remake in the TLOU2 engine.

Pretty crazy.

Are they going to redo this again if they make a Part III?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God, Sony, please stop pushing the $70 price tag. It genuinely doesn't make any sense, especially for something like this that literally comes with less content than the original game did when it came out 9 years ago.

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are blind if you think this "barely" looks better than the original. The screenshots in this thread are not doing the trailer any justice.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
It seemed strange to me that this would be released alongside PC on day 1. I guess Sony will do a day one release for PC for their GaaS and will release PC ports of some single-player exclusives a few months/years later depending on the case.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Presumably the cutscenes in this are real-time unlike the ps3 original which had prerendered cutscenes, so it's pretty cool to see how two generations later Naughty Dog can improve on them in real time

yes im pretty sure even the ps4 remaster still sued the ps3's pre-rendered cutscenes

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
True not saying it isn't a valid project, just don't like how they remade this first instead of other titles

I guess. Again though it's free money. TLOU is 2 generations old now (shocking to think) I think more side-by-sides will show the quality of improvement better than a trailer in isolation.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
are we sure it's gonna have tlou2 gameplay improvement? can't really tell from this story trailer

I mean, what's the whole point if not? The graphics barely make a jump (especially not for a 2022 title) so the main reason for a "build from the ground up" remake should be a massive gameplay change and hopefully even new features and mechanics.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
THIS LOOKS AMAZING OH MY GOD

And the audio sounds like the original voice recordings too

CANNOT WAIT!!

SEPTEMBER!!!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
gauging from the trailer, it appears that the level design is unchanged? This looks more like a graphics-only remake. Shame.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the timing, I'm assuming it was supposed to be in a couple of hours from now at SGF.

Oh weird, I figured Sony would bundle all their stuff into their own showcase(s), unless I misunderstood the structure of the SGF showcase today (which, to be fair, I only really started reading up on today so quite possible). Thanks.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Wow. Dunno what I was expecting honestly but for some reason, it wasn't a literal shot for shot remake of the original. Weird how that works

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So when was this supposed to be announced? Clearly the trailer is ready but it wasn't in the State of Play. Is there another Sony conference coming up soon I didn't know about? (Serious question, I honestly thought the State of Play was it for the pseudo-E3/Summer Games Fest period.)

in like 2 hours at Summer Games Fest

Wow. Dunno what I was expecting honestly but for some reason, it wasn't a literal shot for shot remake of the original. Weird how that works

they don't need to do much with the cutscenes but make them look nicer and real-time, the gameplay will be more like TLOU Part II

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like The Last of Us with The Last of Us Part II graphics.

Meh.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As far as graphical fidelity goes it looks a lot like TLOU2, which is obviously not a bad thing. But still one would expect more from a quote/unquote PS5 exclusive.

That aside it looks like pretty much a "shot for shot" remake for TLOU1. I didn't even bother finishing Remastered on PS4 (after playing through it a buncha times on PS3) so I don't think this is for me.