• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
IMG_4902.gif

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
YES PLEASE YES YES YES

TLOU officially on PC what a time to be alive, with that and Spider-Man there is no doubt of any kind should be left on where this is all going and that's great... too bad that it's delayed release again

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
So I can't tell
Obviously it looks much, much better but it looks like the same game outside the graphics?
They're saying improved controls so that's good but I mean is there like changes to the content, additions to the content, etc. Cause if not $70 is absolutely fucking ridiculous

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I cannot wait to see if they incorporate TLOU2 stealth mechanics with prone position and foliage cover.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
SO I am confused.

Is this a complete remake of the first game, or a game based on the TV Show? I am so confused. I remember people saying they are remaking Last Of Us to work with the TV Show. This isn't a remake it's the first game rebuilt for the PS5.

Am I missing something?
It's a remake of the complete first game with DLC made ground up for the PS5.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
People have some serious rose colored glasses if they think it looks like a typical remaster or too similar to the first. Have any of you actually played TLoU (especially on PS3) lately? Even the PS4 version is pretty sparse and rough in a lot of areas compared to TLoU 2, and especially compared to this.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Oh weird, I figured Sony would bundle all their stuff into their own showcase(s), unless I misunderstood the structure of the SGF showcase today (which, to be fair, I only really started reading up on today so quite possible). Thanks.

And there's also this that probably confirms the SGF announcement:

I understand also where you're coming from, but it's cool to see Sony partner with others for some other announcements like this instead of having everything in a State of Play, even though that is the norm for them.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
No idea, the Trailer does nothing for me, doesn't look much better/different than the old Remaster Trailer in 4k? I only watched it briefly though, surely some upgrades are there (or my eyes are bad, I accept that point ^^). Anyway wasn't interested in the Remaster before and nothing changes, I experienced this game twice and once in the Remaster, so I don't need the next Remaster of an already decent/good version. A Remake with changes/new content? Interested, but I don't care about a 2nd Remaster in such a short time for a fully story driven game experience. I'll check it out, if it joins PS+ at some point in the future, but aside from that...it's a waste of resources for me, I would have much rather wanted a proper upgrade for Uncharted 1-3.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
what the heck

Nice!

Guess that's what The Snitch was referring to after all with the tweet.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a complete remake of the first game, or a game based on the TV Show? I am so confused. I remember people saying they are remaking Last Of Us to work with the TV Show. This isn't a remake it's the first game rebuilt for the PS5.

Folk were only speculating about the TV tie-in possibility when the remake was first unveiled via some reporting last year. Turns out that wasn't the case and it's the original game rebuilt (presumably) with Last of Us 2 tech.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
So I can't tell
Obviously it looks much, much better but it looks like the same game outside the graphics?
They're saying improved controls so that's good but I mean is there like changes to the content, additions to the content, etc. Cause if not $70 is absolutely fucking ridiculous

Why? It's literally the same price that they charged for Demon's Souls, which was also a remake that didn't add any new content.

zaitsu

Banned
Jan 27, 2022
I guess this confirms that Factions 2 will be free-to-play, since there's neither hide nor hair of it here.

But yeah, Sony selling a remaster of a remaster for €80. Good luck with that, especially on PC.
It's tlou.
It's naughty dogs.
It will be best looking game on PC by far.
It will sell just as benchmark.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I know they won't but the meltdowns would be hilarious if they went the ff7 remake route and each season was a part.

Dec 6, 2017
US
So if I'm gonna assume away, I'm thinking this'll basically be TLoU recreated in TLoU 2's engine/combat system etc.? That would be fucking sweet. I really hope they incorporated the prone move, grass stealth and so on.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
wow lmao. This remake kinda looks 1:1 to original, all scenes from trailer are in older game. Maybe only the combat and controls are touched? Expected more like reimagining (RE style).
it's mean to be a quick inbetween project for ND while they're in preproduction for their next big game. they're not gonna spent a lot of time rewriting/recording new scenes etc.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Man I probably won't jump on this. Knowing what happens I part 2. Just too many feels will come.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Looking at the trailer, the graphics do look improved over the PS4 remaster, but its not at the level of part 2. I'm mostly interested in the improved gameplay, going back to the original after playing part 2, made the game not as enjoyable for me.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say this is doing anything for me. Gonna be a hard pass at $70. I've played this plenty of times already.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
looks really nice, but a "remake" of a less than 10 year old game that already got remastered last-gen?